Liverpool are a mess

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
It'll be a transitiony business as usual year, I reckon. Second place, a decent enough title challenge, City to run away with it again and those who thought they were for sure ready to overtake us humbled again.

K Stand Knut

Is this an inhaler year!? If so, I need to rethink my FPL team!
well, based on last year, I think it was fair to assume that they didn’t have any ‘help’ and from the alleged reports, it seems that 2 years is the maximum their allowed to do without a break and would tie in with their seasons so far.

I think they might have had a new delivery this summer and that some more players might have developed breathing problems that require the use of an inhaler over the summer

K Stand Knut

I think if they have another shocker this season, there’s a very real possibility it will be Klopp’s last season there.

But personally, I still think they’ll be right back it.

They have this boom - bust cycle don’t they.
You’ve noticed too?

Not sure it’s a boom-bust but more an inhaler or non-inhaler cycle

Again, allegedly

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
This is in the 'very belated comeback zingers' category, but now I am sorry I didn't think to go for "inhale that" when Bobby stuck no 7 past you last season.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
This is in the 'very belated comeback zingers' category, but now I am sorry I didn't think to go for "inhale that" when Bobby stuck no 7 past you last season.
Last season? Nah I don’t remember…

I know, to jog my memory, remind me where Liverpool finished last season… and how many trophies they won.

YikesSchmeics

Something was said, not good, what was it, don't yell at Homer? No, thats ok. What was it, slow, THEY CALLED YOU SLOW.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
There may well be more 7-0s this season out in Kazakhstan :drool:

IrishRedDevil

The confidence from finishing 5th does go to a man’s head, I can’t blame you.
It was a big fight with Brighton.

gaffs

I think this year will be a transitional season for them, given how much change they're going through in the midfield, but they're doing a nice job laying the groundwork for the future. If they get Lavia over the line plus a CB like Van De Ven they'll be looking at a core field player group of:

Nunez
Dias
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Szobo
MacAllister
Lavia
Thiago
Elliott

Van Dijk
Konate
TAA
Robertson
Van de Ven

The only guys > 26 here are Salah, Thiago, VVD, and Robertson. They're putting together a group that could potentially reach their peaks together about the time that Pep fecks off.

The big question is whether there is enough top top quality among the younger cohort (aside from TAA), guys who could hit similarly heights to Salah, VVD, Fabinho, Mane, Henderson, etc in a couple years.
Looks very strong.

Thanks to Gerrard, they have been very lucky to get good money for Henderson and Fabinho.

I can see them being a force this season.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It'll be a transitiony business as usual year, I reckon. Second place, a decent enough title challenge, City to run away with it again and those who thought they were for sure ready to overtake us humbled again.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

WUM :D

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
They'll be fine, usual Jürgen klopp bounce after a shit season. Wouldn't be surprised to see them finish 2nd

Blood Mage

They're very reliant on Salah who is approaching his twilight years. They'll be in trouble when his powers fade.

Witchking

They will be back this season. They have purchased sensibly knowing the issues they had past season. Nunez, Gakpo would have settled in. Diaz is a good player. Feel this is Salah's last season at Liverpool. Stars are aligned for Liverpool to win the Europa and go deep with the title challenge.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I think this year will be a transitional season for them, given how much change they're going through in the midfield, but they're doing a nice job laying the groundwork for the future. If they get Lavia over the line plus a CB like Van De Ven they'll be looking at a core field player group of:

Nunez
Dias
Salah
Gakpo
Jota

Szobo
MacAllister
Lavia
Thiago
Elliott

Van Dijk
Konate
TAA
Robertson
Van de Ven

The only guys > 26 here are Salah, Thiago, VVD, and Robertson. They're putting together a group that could potentially reach their peaks together about the time that Pep fecks off.

The big question is whether there is enough top top quality among the younger cohort (aside from TAA), guys who could hit similarly heights to Salah, VVD, Fabinho, Mane, Henderson, etc in a couple years.
Problem is , EPL doesn't give you that time anymore. Finish outside of top 5 and you are immediately under pressure. Even if Pep feck off, there is Arsenal, United, Chelsea and even Villa to take up the challenge.

But then, Klopp is a genius. So you never know.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
They're very reliant on Salah who is approaching his twilight years. They'll be in trouble when his powers fade.
Would have been nice if we had one or preferably both of Diaz and Jota available for the majority of last season. :(

Von Mistelroum

Last year they were cycling off, so expect them to be suddenly sprinting non-stop from the first whistle to the last, every game this season.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Sure if we don't sign Amrabat I'd agree. If we do though then no.
Literally posted straight after this:

Think they'll be a bit better in midfield but might be a calamity at the back. Will also be hugely dependent on Lavia bedding in early. If he's suspect defensively then they'll be in a bunch of shootouts.
No posting self awareness. At least when I do it, it's a wum. :lol::lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I still don’t think they have signed the right players in midfield. They needed more protection for the backline and I don’t think they have done that.

They have bought two players who love to be on the ball in the opposition half. The Trent positioning is still an issue, the defensive aspect of their midfield is still an issue, and the elephant in the room, that is VDV being finished as a top level CB, is an issue they seem to be ignoring.

I think they will score a lot of goals, but also concede too many goals to have the 90+ season of their peak.

Devil You Know

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle could all finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. None of those teams ought to be confident about anything. How it ends up will depend on random luck and injuries.

I think I'd fancy all of them in the cups more than the league.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Could see us getting back into the CL but I’m not sure we’ll challenge for the league. Too many changes all happening at once. We need another CB as well.

EL is winnable.

Tyrion

United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle could all finish anywhere between 2nd and 6th. None of those teams ought to be confident about anything. How it ends up will depend on random luck and injuries.

I think I'd fancy all of them in the cups more than the league.
Agreed. 1st is settled and for environmental reasons City shouldn't even have to travel to games until Pep leaves. Just give them the 3 points and save on fuel.

the_cliff

Could see us getting back into the CL but I’m not sure we’ll challenge for the league. Too many changes all happening at once. We need another CB as well.

EL is winnable.
Reckon you win the Europa and finish top 4 tbh.

Klopp usually bounces back after the type of season you had last time around.

JPB

It looks like you guys are already back to "next year is our year" :lol:

Real Name

You see the future?