Liverpool are a mess

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
It’s such a strange feeling going from 92 points in the league last season, cl finalists and winning the FA Cup and Carabao Cup to this.

Zoo

Starting to see why Melissa Reddy dumped them for us.

ChaddyP

They’ve been relying on past glories for too long. Too many of their players are past it.
Big contracts for players who can’t do it anymore.
They have been found out and can’t hack the high intensity that Klopp needs.
Long may their decline continue!
may this OP put an end to the notion that Jynx's are a thing

Josh 76

It’s such a strange feeling going from 92 points in the league last season, cl finalists and winning the FA Cup and Carabao Cup to this.
The famous quadruple season that never was!

Roboc7

Wonder how confident their fans are about signing Bellingham now.

I was expecting them to drop off a bit this season but not to this extent.

IRELANDUNITED

They were built to be a win now team 5 years ago, they peaked 2 years ago and now we are getting to experience their inevitable decline. The times are a changing and we love it.

Hester_manc

I cant believe what I am seeing. Brighton has been much, much stronger than Liverpool. What has happened to Liverpool and how did they become so mediocre so suddenly? Last season Liverpool and City were in a class of their own, and now Liverpool are a mid-table team. They haven't even been unlucky against Brighton. Brighton have totally dominated them. I know they are difficult to play against, but it is crazy that they can completely dominate Liverpool.

OldSchoolManc

Was on an 87-1 Acca but chickened out before Burnley scored ’:(
Still, a decent return

padr81

Supports
Man City
Its such a huge fall and worryingly for Liverpool Klopp has precedent with this.

But really they should be pointing the finger at FSG, FSG have been using City as a shield for their spending "We can't compete with cheats" but in reality their net spend is below clubs like Villa, Everton etc... iirc (at least before this season) despite reaching 3 CL finals. Carragher and co's defence of the owners has walked them into this, kinda like early Neville did with the Glazers. They've sleep walked into it because of a great manager papering over the cracks and legends defending owners who won't step up.

Mindhunter

How times change. We have been fawning over what Klopp had built at pool but not the tables have turned completely.

AndySmith1990

Funny how quickly things can change in football. This time last year it was us in a mess whilst they were heading to within inches of a quadruple

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Funny how quickly things can change in football. This time last year it was us in a mess whilst they were heading to within inches of a quadruple
This is why talk of 5 year projects etc are usually a nonsense. You’re never as good or as bad as you think.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Serious question: Did they really need to buy Gakpo? I mean, aren't there other areas of the pitch they could have improved on instead?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Holy crap the meltdown is bad at Liverpool, I genuinely thought they'd have gotten through the bad form at this point.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Don't know where to go today.
Is it Rawk or Blue Moon?:D

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

It's literally just a solid midtable team vs relegation shitters, isn't it? :lol:

AneRu

Just like us last season then, sign Sancho, Varane and Ronnie after comfortably finishing second and then shat the bed. I think the competitiveness of this league means that the margin for error is too slim, just make one wrong big signing and you are fecked.