Liverpool

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Liverpool had a lot of injuries, but they can not just point to them. To many naff signings, to many poor form, and two VERY important players the wrong side of 30.

I mean my Liverpool mates are already blaming it on injuries. Who are we missing at the moment? Vidic, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Neville, Park, Welbeck etc.

AlwaysRedwood

Liverpool had a lot of injuries, but they can not just point to them. Too many naff signings, to many poor form, and two VERY important players the wrong side of 30.
That's what it is. How many shit players has Rafa brought in. It's quite amazing.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool had a lot of injuries, but they can not just point to them. To many naff signings, to many poor form, and two VERY important players the wrong side of 30.

I mean my Liverpool mates are already blaming it on injuries. Who are we missing at the moment? Vidic, Ferdinand, Hargreaves, Neville, Park, Welbeck etc.
I agree with this post.

Northstand

And you've missed out Giggs and Fletcher there, mate.

The start of your post says Liverpool had a lot of injuries. I thought it was just Gerrard and Johnson? Clearly they have a very threadbare squad even if there were a couple more.

Doogie

And you've missed out Giggs and Fletcher there, mate.

The start of your post says Liverpool had a lot of injuries. I thought it was just Gerrard and Johnson? Clearly they have a very threadbare squad even if there were a couple more.
Gerrard, Johnson and Riera are injured but Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Skrtel, Ngog and Cavalieri were all out because of some virus.

Greg

Carragher and....?

The problem is a lot more than just injuries, we're being outplayed by teams who have far weaker sides than we do. There's a lack of pace at the back, and a lack of everything in midfield- Aquilani should go some was to addressing this though.

I like Rafa and it's clear he's working under financial restraints but ultimately the buck stops with the manager and eventually somethings got to give- the owners sell up to someone who can allow us to compete or we continue to fall short and Rafa loses his job.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Carragher and....?

The problem is a lot more than just injuries, we're being outplayed by teams who have far weaker sides than we do. There's a lack of pace at the back, and a lack of everything in midfield- Aquilani should go some was to addressing this though.

I like Rafa and it's clear he's working under financial restraints but ultimately the buck stops with the manager and eventually somethings got to give- the owners sell up to someone who can allow us to compete or we continue to fall short and Rafa loses his job.
Poor Benitez and his financial restraints.

If more money had been available to him, he could add another 50 players to those 50+ he's bought in the last 5 years....

KRAP

Denis' cuff

Carragher and....?

utter bollox - you've outspent us. wtf you get this myth from.....wait a minute......FACHTS innit?

you can manipulate the figures all you like and the best you can come up with would show there's feck all in it. Not an excuse.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
Carragher and....?

I like Rafa and it's clear he's working under financial restraints
but ultimately the buck stops with the manager and eventually somethings got to give- the owners sell up to someone who can allow us to compete or we continue to fall short and Rafa loses his job.
What financial restraints?

Under Rafa, you've spent £100m more than the team who've won the last 3 titles running.

You're the least financially restraint side in the league, aside from the oil billionaires.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
The problem is..... we're being outplayed by teams who have far weaker sides than we do.
That basically sums it up for Liverpool in recent years. You have consistently underperformed against teams like Fulham, Stoke etc while doing quite well against the bigger teams. To me that would suggest the talent is there and the issues are more to do Rafa's tactics and motivation of the team for smaller teams.

Thats the managers job and Liverpool fans can blame the owners all they like but the blame for failing to motivate the team to put in a performance against the likes of Fulham on the back of your worst run in decades and a win against your biggest rivals only rests with one man.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I loved the way Kuyt just sat on his arse when he gave the ball away yesterday, he just seemed resigned that it was gonna end in a goal

Spoony

The People's President
They've out spent all clubs bar Chelsea and now City. Why are all Liverpool fans so utterly deluded?

twitter thread suggester
Carragher and....?

:lol:

For feck sake.

Spoony

The People's President
Propaganda from the mouth of Rafa, and his spin-doctors (Paul Tomkins etc.).

It's like they can't think for themselves.
So they didn't see Rafa taking of Benyoun and Torres yesterday? was that the owners fault, as well. I know all clubs have their fair share of morons, but it seems like 99% of Liverpool fans are idiotic. Firstly, they bent over backwards for the Yanks. . .now they're getting blame for team selection and substitutions.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
To be fair, Rafa gave a good excuse for taking Torres off. Benayoun? that was a mistake. He really does have a squad full of average players though (taking the obvious 4 or 5 out of it)

Spoony

The People's President
To be fair, Rafa gave a good excuse for taking Torres off. Benayoun? that was a mistake. He really does have a squad full of average players though (taking the obvious 4 or 5 out of it)
Torres looked surprised to be going off. Let's be honest, I doubt anyone thinks it was down to an injury - he's saved Benayoun and Torres for the Lyon game. Liverpool need to qualify for the next stage for financial reasons, if anything else.

Kraftwerker

Formerly RedAddict
So they didn't see Rafa taking of Benyoun and Torres yesterday? was that the owners fault, as well. I know all clubs have their fair share of morons, but it seems like 99% of Liverpool fans are idiotic. Firstly, they bent over backwards for the Yanks. . .now they're getting blame for team selection and substitutions.
When you've become so entrenched in an opinion, you don't want to admit you're wrong, despite the overwhelming evidence.

I would compare them to fundamentalist Christians, except maybe a bit more nutty.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Yeah but if he's injured he shouldn't have been playing to begin with, not against Fulham anyway you can understand Rafa risking him for a game like Utd but after 5 years in charge and the money he's spent he should at least have a back up striker he trusts enough to put in against teams like Fulham (Robbie Keane anyone?)

Same as playing Gerrard a couple of weeks ago, the squad is so devoid of talent beyond Torres and Gerrard that Rafa is playing them half fit because they have no one else, and he now seems to be even at the point where he's taking players like Benayon off to 'protect' them when they should be pushing on to win.

The blind faith they have in him is incredible.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
But when they see the light (c. 5 minutes after the next manager (messiah) is appointed) they will claim that they thought he was a disaster all along, and knew he wouldn't get them the title.

The new manager would then be given time to get rid of all the ridiculous Rafa purchases; players that, not only, weren't the best in the world in their respective positions but were not near to be Liverpool quality.

There are some who have finally seen the light but still not that many. But come the new day they will all claim to have been against him from the start of the season.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Yeah but if he's injured he shouldn't have been playing to begin with, not against Fulham anyway you can understand Rafa risking him for a game like Utd but after 5 years in charge and the money he's spent he should at least have a back up striker he trusts enough to put in against teams like Fulham (Robbie Keane anyone?)

Same as playing Gerrard a couple of weeks ago, the squad is so devoid of talent beyond Torres and Gerrard that Rafa is playing them half fit because they have no one else, and he now seems to be even at the point where he's taking players like Benayon off to 'protect' them when they should be pushing on to win.

The blind faith they have in him is incredible.
Benitez has made a proper mess out of his transfer dealings. He's bought so many players he didn'tneed to buy, and sold so many players he didn't need to sell, that he is no left with Torres and Gerrard and a squad of average players and feck all money.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
But when they see the light (c. 5 minutes after the next manager (messiah) is appointed) they will claim that they thought he was a disaster all along, and knew he wouldn't get them the title.

The new manager would then be given time to get rid of all the ridiculous Rafa purchases; players that, not only, weren't the best in the world in their respective positions but were not near to be Liverpool quality.

There are some who have finally seen the light but still not that many. But come the new day they will all claim to have been against him from the start of the season.
It is Houllier all over again. Deja Vu