Lloris arrested for drink driving

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
should be a mandatory jail term for any drink drivers. It’s such a shithead thing to do.

Red_toad

What exactly do you mean he got away with it? He was caught! And without knowing his alcohol level, let’s not immediately jump to the conclusion that drinking 2-3 beers will severely put lives in danger. If he was smashed, then feck him, but do we know that?
If you're drinking 2 or more then you really shouldn't be driving. Taking into account £50k plus a week wages, he really should be getting a taxi or whatever home. We can conclude he was over the limit and I'd dare say he thought he'd be ok will have been his reasoning.
I'd suggest you go check how drinking influences reactions. You don't need to be anywhere near 'smashed' for alcohol to affect your ability to drive. I'd have thought this would be pretty common knowledge, but there ya go.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If you're drinking 2 or more then you really shouldn't be driving. Taking into account £50k plus a week wages, he really should be getting a taxi or whatever home. We can conclude he was over the limit and I'd dare say he thought he'd be ok will have been his reasoning.
I'd suggest you go check how drinking influences reactions. You don't need to be anywhere near 'smashed' for alcohol to affect your ability to drive. I'd have thought this would be pretty common knowledge, but there ya go.
What? :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
What exactly do you mean he got away with it? He was caught! And without knowing his alcohol level, let’s not immediately jump to the conclusion that drinking 2-3 beers will severely put lives in danger. If he was smashed, then feck him, but do we know that?
How much were you over the limit in the end?

Spot the drink driver didn't take long
:lol:

Does seem very strange but there have been no stories of dangerous driving, or what his alcohol levels were yet. Could have been traffic cops bored at 2.30am and seeing a flash car then realising it was registered to Lloris. Will find out more at his court date.
Doesn't need to be any dangerous driving. He could have been stopped for anything (the RTA itself says the police can stop you just for driving a motor vehicle on a road).

You can only be asked to provide a sample of breath for analysis if a) you have committed a moving traffic offence or b) you have been in an RTC or C) there is suspicion you have consumed intoxicating liquor (when spoken to eyes glazed, smelt of it speech slurred).

Anyway it matters not. He's been charged which means he was over the legal limit (despite this being 35mg you are rarely charged with anything under 39mg). If he's just over he'll get a 12 month ban and heavy fine. If he's massively over, think anything around 120mg+, CPS guidelines suggest a custodial sentence.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Hate to have to explain this, but when someone earns a fortune, they can't really say they couldn't afford a taxi. Is that clear enough for you?
No I was questioning where you got the £50K figure from, he is on £100K... which probably makes it worse.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
The limit is 0.8 in England. Very lenient. If he was arrested, that means he had more than a couple beers and was a clear danger.

Irrational.

I look forward to Glaston explaining why this is actually a good thing.

"Laugh all you want, Spurs are a club on the rise. You're just jealous Lloris just won us those 3 points on his own. Something something new stadium DADDY DADDY WANT WANT"

Moonred

“I am not drunk, I can drive”

Kostur

海尔的老板
Photos from some DJ last night with Lloris and Giroud/Koscielny last night ... looks like they did too much celebration :(

Apparently Lloris said that Spurs will win the league within next 10 years and the pool visible on Lloris' pants is the result.

Last edited:

whatwha

Why would he have been bollocked drunk? Could’ve been to a restaurant with his wife and drunk two glasses of wine for example. And no, of course that’s not an excuse but it paints a whole other picture than “Lloris caught behind the wheel completely off his face”.
If you get arrested for drunk driving in England, it is guaranteed to have been more than a couple glasses of wine, with how lenient the limit is there.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
If you get arrested for drunk driving in England, it is guaranteed to have been more than a couple glasses of wine, with how lenient the limit is there.
Its less strict than the rest of Europe yes but its not like you would be comatosed or pissed out of your head to be over the limit. 2-3 pints would send a grown man over the limit, anyone who is over the limit gets arrested.

whatwha

Its less strict than the rest of Europe yes but its not like you would be comatosed or pissed out of your head to be over the limit. 2-3 pints would send a grown man over the limit, anyone who is over the limit gets arrested.
There's no way 2 beers would for a grown man. 3, perhaps. In any case, if you're over that limit you're a clear danger in traffic. Anyone arrested for drunk driving with that kind of legal limit is a bit of an inconsiderate scumbag IMO.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
There's no way 2 beers would for a grown man. 3, perhaps. In any case, if you're over that limit you're a clear danger in traffic. Anyone arrested for drunk driving with that kind of legal limit is a bit of an inconsiderate scumbag IMO.
I don't deny it mate there is no excuse for it.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
It continually baffles me that rich people (of any kind) continually drink drive when they have more than enough money to either afford or taxi or a chauffeur to literally pick them up whenever they want.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Also for using a phone whilst driving and for speeding. Any one of those three offences could take a life.

Yeah I’d agree with that, 6 months locked up Would suffice but then I would ban the person from driving for 2 years and make them retake their license when those 2 years expire.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
It’s pretty disgusting how many footballers have been guilty of this and get away with it.
How do you mean "get away with it"? They are human beings just like everyone else, they pay fine or whatever they get, and that's about it.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
It’s pretty crazy that pro athletes are doing this the week before a match. I don’t expect them to be perfect nuns but getting drunk the week of a match seems like it would undo a lot of the hard work in the gym.
To be fair, when you include internationals, pre-season and whatnot, they can pretty much have a match every week for 10 months of the year. Include the World Cup or Euros every second year and it basically becomes just a few weeks where they don't play.

As long as it's only occasionally and it's not the night or two before a match, it's fine as far as I'm concerned.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Is this true? I always thought 1 pint was enough and anything else would be dodgy.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
How do you mean "get away with it"? They are human beings just like everyone else, they pay fine or whatever they get, and that's about it.
If Alonso wasn’t a footballer he’d have gone to jail.

King.of.Red

Drink driving should be punished harsher like 20 years life prison. I hate people like this lloris, if you want to die, just suicide and dont implicate others

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Don't get these footballers. They have so much money, and if they want to drink, why not hire a driver?