Other Logan Paul v KSI Fight Discussion

Bwuk

I think Logan will win this. He seems to have had a lot more training than the previous fight, and he'd of won comfortably if he hadn't gassed in the last fight.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
I find the thread title strange.

Why would YouTube fame have gone too far?

I can honestly say I haven't watched a minute of KSI or Logan Paul content in all my life, but in what way could it go to far? Why shouldn't it pass out television fame, which is dying off in any case?

As for the fight itself, I saw True Geordie's podcast with both of them. I found both of them to be both arrogant and untalented in terms of drawing a crowd. I did see glimpses of genuine insight and maturity from Logan Paul. I would say they're largely fortunate to be where they are, it has gotten to both of their heads and they're I guess semi-talented.

Logan Paul will win because they're both in good shape, they both can't box and he's bigger. KSI had stamina on him the first time.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
They’re doing an MMA version of the first boxing series. They don’t really have any massive names on the card but that should be some good car crash tv. Surprised they’re allowed to do it considering it’s a full on cage match.

cyberman

Mayweather camp definitely helped him. The speed at 3:15 is pretty impressive.

He's far too close to the pads. Even basic boxing teaches you to extend on your straight punches, its how you measure distance. He's meeting everything halfway and its down to poor training.
Hes been at this for 2 years!

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I think LP will win, not that I much care. As a fan of boxing I don't agree with it.
These guys along with other youtubers are multi-millionaires. They could be doing anything with their money like the disney child stars they could be turning to drugs and other ridiculous shit. Instead they are putting the attention on boxing for their young audience. Going through training camps and showing discipline. They don't have to do this, many in their position wouldn't.

What is there to hate? There's also a satisfaction from an audience point of view to see these guys try to knock eachother out.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
These guys along with other youtubers are multi-millionaires. They could be doing anything with their money like the disney child stars they could be turning to drugs and other ridiculous shit. Instead they are putting the attention on boxing for their young audience. Going through training camps and showing discipline. They don't have to do this, many in their position wouldn't.

What is there to hate? There's also a satisfaction from an audience point of view to see these guys try to knock eachother out.
I agree it is better putting there money towards something like this, and it will get loads more viewers into boxing potentially. I also agree there is a lot of people wanting to watch the fight to see if they can knock the other out.

However, I don't think it will be that great a fight at all, and the fact it is the headlight fight on a card featuring Billy Joe Saunders amongst others just doesn't seem right to me, and I don't agree with the huge fuss being made out of it and it being PPV. If the two guys really don't like each other, and they have both said they are supposedly not doing it for the money, cool. Put the fight on Youtube then and show it for nothing. It should not be being paired with other legit fights featuring actual high caliber boxers, and certainly not as the headlight fight.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I agree it is better putting there money towards something like this, and it will get loads more viewers into boxing potentially. I also agree there is a lot of people wanting to watch the fight to see if they can knock the other out.

However, I don't think it will be that great a fight at all, and the fact it is the headlight fight on a card featuring Billy Joe Saunders amongst others just doesn't seem right to me, and I don't agree with the huge fuss being made out of it and it being PPV. If the two guys really don't like each other, and they have both said they are supposedly not doing it for the money, cool. Put the fight on Youtube then and show it for nothing. It should not be being paired with other legit fights featuring actual high caliber boxers, and certainly not as the headlight fight.
Fair enough, I can understand that from a boxing purist point of view. The money side of things comes from Eddie Hearn's involvement. They had a first fight which was purely on a youtube stream which ended in a draw, Eddie laughed at it when it was announced but then he saw the numbers and how it outsold a professional event he jumped ship and decided to get Sky Sports involved and get these boys their licenses. They are both officially "professional boxers" now.

I don't claim to be a boxing expert by any means but boxing in order to capture the youth has to have an entertainment factor. I think this event just showcases how important it is to have a personality and the need for today's generation of boxers to be able to sell a fight despite the ability. These guys have done that alone based on their personalities. A personality like Tyson Fury is a rarity in the boxing world and as a neutral we love that kind of stuff, it draws more eyes and I think boxers and promoters can take a note or two from these guys on how to sell a fight.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
My money would be on Logan to win. I thought he was the better boxer in the first fight imo. Controlled it more than KSI did, who started swinging wildly in the last two rounds.

Vault Dweller

Fair enough, I can understand that from a boxing purist point of view. The money side of things comes from Eddie Hearn's involvement. They had a first fight which was purely on a youtube stream which ended in a draw, Eddie laughed at it when it was announced but then he saw the numbers and how it outsold a professional event he jumped ship and decided to get Sky Sports involved and get these boys their licenses. They are both officially "professional boxers" now.

I don't claim to be a boxing expert by any means but boxing in order to capture the youth has to have an entertainment factor. I think this event just showcases how important it is to have a personality and the need for today's generation of boxers to be able to sell a fight despite the ability. These guys have done that alone based on their personalities. A personality like Tyson Fury is a rarity in the boxing world and as a neutral we love that kind of stuff, it draws more eyes and I think boxers and promoters can take a note or two from these guys on how to sell a fight.
Aye I saw that he has gotten involved. I actively can't stand Eddie Hearn :lol: not surprised he is all over this.

I do agree boxing needs more characters for sure. That definitely captures people's attention to the sport, and I suppose you are right as these two guys seem to have a huge following. I think personally it's the fact it is the headline fight on quite a good card, but that might just be me being pompous :lol:

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

What's next after this?

H3H3 v Vsauce?
Filthy Frank v Gabbi Hanna?
Casey Neistat v iDubbz?
I don't know who any of they are, and I think I'm happy about that haha.

I know KSI from they Heskey video that went viral years ago and I know Logan Paul from the controversy that suicide video drew. Looking at them, with no knowledge of their fighting ability, just based on their look, I'd say Logan will win. He looks like an athlete, KSI looks soft.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I don't know who any of they are, and I think I'm happy about that haha.

I know KSI from they Heskey video that went viral years ago and I know Logan Paul from the controversy that suicide video drew. Looking at them, with no knowledge of their fighting ability, just based on their look, I'd say Logan will win. He looks like an athlete, KSI looks soft.
Filthy Frank had some cracking material a few years ago

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've watched KSIs videos when at secondary school playing Fifa etc., I guess I'm curious to see how he does.
I've been watching him since the beginning. Cant stop now hah.
Same, I watched him regular when he was purely a fifa youtuber but when he started making it big His ego and general behaviour made me hate him so I've not bothered with him in years. The bits I've seen and the way he comes across He walks around like hes a god and it's not in a joking way either.

RedDevilRoshi

Was going to bet on Logan Paul to win by KO/TKO but the odds look pretty s****

Still think he’ll knock him out between rounds 6-10.