Loris Karius appreciation thread

Mike Smalling

Assuming that was shot and edited after the CL final, that is almost unbelievable. If I had performed like that on the biggest stage in club football, I would probably just keep my head down and not draw further attention to myself, but this guy seems quite self-obsessed. Hoping for a lot of great Karius moments in the new season :D

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
I'm not sure what's funnier, the fact that he paid someone to do that video for him or the fact that it was clearly done by a three year old.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Fair's fair, he's one sexy mothafecka.

My wife actually kind of started 'supporting' Liverpool after his blunder, because she thinks he's hot and feels bad for him after the CL final.

Any divorce lawyers on the caf?
There's something called an "honorable killing" (or something like that) in the region here.

It basically means if your wife cheats on you, you don't face a lot of shit if you kill her.

Just prove she's cheating on you with Karius and it's done and dusted my friend.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
There's something called an "honorable killing" (or something like that) in the region here.

It basically means if your wife cheats on you, you don't face a lot of shit if you kill her.

Just prove she's cheating on you with Karius and it's done and dusted my friend.
What region is that? :lol:

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Seems to be very fond of himself, suddenly the sympathy i had for him after the CL disappeared.
Just as fast as the shot from Bale slipped out of his hands.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

The fecking state of him...

Edit: oops! Nevermind. Just seen it's already been posted!

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I doubt it. He didn’t have a bad game last season up until the final. Performances like that game weren’t a common occurrence.
The CL final was absolutely the first time Karius has flapped at long range shots, or had a brainfart in possession. You are absolutely right. Also, you only have a bad game if you make 2 howlers in a game, letting in a save able shot at your near post or parrying a long shot right in front of you is perfectly fine.

It actually gets worse for Karius when you don't look at the CL final, because not only do you see the same weaknesses sans concussion, but you also see poor positioning and reaction speed at the near post.

West Brom 2-2 - made mistakes for both goals, 1st was a poor save that gave the ball on a plate right in front of him and the 2nd was coming out for a set piece that he shouldnt have which left him in no mans land
Man City 4-3 - Sane near post, got his hands to the shot but barely changes its direction. Either poor reactions times or weak hands, difficult to know which one
Roma both legs - flapped at Kolarov's long range shot which hit the bar. Parried the shot by El Sherawy in the second leg on a plate for Dzeko.

Karius has good distribution and is good 1v1. He however, has glaring weaknesses in every other aspect of his game. He will cost Liverpool points because Liverpool do not have Man City levels of ball domination to protect him. He will get tested and will let in several goals that a top goalkeeper wouldnt.

Last edited:

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The CL final was absolutely the first time Karius has flapped at long range shots, or had a brainfart in possession. You are absolutely right. Also, you only have a bad game if you make 2 howlers in a game, letting in a save able shot at your near post or parrying a long shot right in front of you is perfectly fine.

It actually gets worse for Karius when you don't look at the CL final, because not only do you see the same weaknesses sans concussion, but you also see poor positioning and reaction speed at the near post.

West Brom 2-2 - made mistakes for both goals, 1st was a poor save that gave the ball on a plate right in front of him and the 2nd was coming out for a set piece that he shouldnt have which left him in no mans land
Man City 4-3 - Sane near post, got his hands to the shot but barely changes its direction. Either poor reactions times or weak hands, difficult to know which one
Roma both legs - flapped at Kolarov's long range shot which hit the bar. Parried the shot by El Sherawy in the second leg on a plate for Dzeko.

Karius has good distribution and is good 1v1. He however, has glaring weaknesses in every other aspect of his game. He will cost Liverpool points because Liverpool do not have Man City levels of ball domination to protect him. He will get tested and will let in several goals that a top goalkeeper wouldnt.
Well in his and my defence...I forgot about those games.

He’s definitely improved though compared to where he was last season (16/17). He made a great save in a game vs Newcastle when the score was 1-0 and has looked more sure of himself with Van Dijk there.

I don’t like the idea of giving up on him.

breakout67

Supports
Man City

He’s definitely improved though compared to where he was last season (16/17). He made a great save in a game vs Newcastle when the score was 1-0 and has looked more sure of himself with Van Dijk there.

Well played :lol:

Karius has definitely improved, in 16/17 he was Mignolet levels of bad where you had zero confidence in him and attackers always fancied a chance against him. He is quite handy in 1v1s now and can open up a game with his distribution.

To be honest I can see similarities between him and Ederson (who I think is massively elevated by having to make 1 save a game). You might be able to just score a ridiculous amount of goals like you did under Rodgers and the keeper won't matter all that much.

IrishRedDevil

Any chance of him coming back strong and having a stormer of a season? Feel like I’d be tempting fate to gloat about this.
His first mistake will get a massive amount of attention and any little remaining confidence he has will disappear.
The media will crush him and this video above will be played throughout social media on a loop.

Rob67

Great news that Klopp keeps defending him.
Some fun to be had next season if they keep 'Slippyfingers' between the sticks.
Klopp is absolutely doing the right thing, maybe a new long term contract for Karius would be the cherry on the cake.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool

Lad was concussed, our record as well as the eye test defensively in the second half of tbe season speaks for itself. The question for me isn't his ability its his mentality because the attention on him is going to be amplified and he's going to to have to dig deep to recover.
I've watched him enough to know he's a top class keeper ideally suited to the way we play.

Getting Fekir/attacking depth is paramount though.

montpelier

What is Jurgen's excuse for not putting Migs on then?

By that, I mean who's fault does he think it is that didn't happen, obviously.

Or the unfair external factors he couldn't account for that prevented the substitution of Lorius the Droppius.

montpelier

''You should have pulled him off at half time, Jurgen''

''Shit. sorry, that was out of character, I obviously mean that in Germany, we prefer the players are having an Energy drink or slices of orange.... I am still hilariously funny, yah?''

Last edited:

Idxomer

A lot of goalkeepers are paying a tribute to him this World Cup.

Tom Foster

We (United) can’t keep getting lucky with these horrendous decisions by LFC over the years. Every time they gear up to making a genuine challenge for the League, someone, somewhere has a brain-storm. Long may it continue.

Reactions: SteveJ

The Bloody-Nine

100% due to a concussion? You'll be sacking your entire, obviously incompetent, medical staff then.

Minimalist

To be fair it was half expected he would stick with him, given Klopp's nature.

Claude Cat

Supports
Liverpool
:lol: can't make it up. Whether it's Real Madrid in a European Cup final or Tranmere in July.

Get rid ASAP.

Hephaestus

Damn it. Need him to have a great pre-season so they don't get someone competent in to replace him.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Klopp today: yeah you know we were gonna give you a chance on this tour and all that but uhmm.. Yeah we re not. We've got this boy in the u17s we're bringing who heard figured out how to hold on to a ball back when he was still a wee little lad. He sounds promising. So bye.