Loris Karius appreciation thread

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
That guy at 10 seconds looking back at Karius' direction and saying "fooking shit" :lol:

Surely he wasn't aiming it at Karius? Would absolutely love it if it was.
Apparently the guy is a huge liverpool fan too and was furious after the CL final:lol::lol:
Definitely looks directed at Karius. Love it

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
He is lucky that his howler would be forgotten since England has made it so far in this World Cup. Fans have a short memory in football. Once he starts performing, which I reckon he would still start for Liverpool come the start of the season, Liverpool fans wouldn't care about his past mistakes.

Tony247

Karius at it again against Tranmere yesterday.

Didn't know concussion can last that long!

Kapardin

Getting called shit by Tranmere players is another illustrious career highlight post "concussion".

I hope Klopp starts Karius in the league, he has great potential for more comedy.

buckooo1978

starting to worry

if he keeps making these mistakes Klopp might actually go for a new keeper

Theodore

Supports
Liverpool, PAOK
Still has this concussion going, eh.

Liverpool need a new goalkeeper, and I hope that the next time the signs will be taken seriously much sooner.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
We won't win anything without a decent keeper, and Karius isn't one.

I wanted to give him a chance but as soon as he makes one mistake when the season starts, he's going to get destroyed in the media.

Klopp's blind faith in some of his players frustrates me.

Chipper

Adulterer.
:lol::lol::lol:

Anyone else having problems playing videos from Streamable or wherever it is?
Yes, for a while.

My adblock stops it being played when embedded on forums. I need to disable it, skip the ad after a few seconds then I can watch.

If I actually go to the Steamable website itself when clicking a link off reddit etc. rather than an embedded video I don't get that problem. I can watch the vid there with no ads.

Edit: Btw, I'm using Ublock Origin/Firefox.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I hope he is Liverpools number 1 for many years to come.
Agreed.

Karius is a truly magnificent goalkeeper and Klopp is a tactical genius. The longer they remain in their respective positions, the better it will be for Liverpool football club.

Why are people so blind to this fact?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Agreed.

Karius is a truly magnificent goalkeeper and Klopp is a tactical genius. The longer they remain in their respective positions, the better it will be for Liverpool football club.

Why are people so blind to this fact?
Klopp's fine. He has some flaws but he's doing a lot of things right.

His faith in Karius is a problem though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Klopp's fine. He has some flaws but he's doing a lot of things right.

His faith in Karius is a problem though.
Karius has a severe concussion - an ongoing one by all accounts - you are being a little insensitive to his condition if you don't mind me saying so. He needs time and patience and the comforting feeling of a warm hug.

Given the proper care and affection, Karius can and will remain Liverpool's number one for years and years to come. Faith is all you need, mate.

RedDevil@84

I don't know what is more funny. Klopp discussing concussion 2 months later or Karius still having the effects of concussion two months later :D

Schneckerl

So is the plan that he stays as a backup?

I'd probably gtfo of Liverpool and try to move on somehow.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
At least he got to go on the preseason tour with them, to California, before he gets sold. A good opportunity there to put himself in the shopping window. A good few more of those "inspired model" videos and he'll quickly get a job as an actual mannequin.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
It seems cruel playing him at the moment. He can’t get through a game without making a mess of something.

He needs a long time out of the limelight.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Feel bad for him tbh. He's like a broken man. One of those where he really needs a transfer to his home city or something to rebuild his career essentially.

JMack1234

Gutted he won't be starting for Liverpool next season. By the way can he shoot down the narrative that somehow he was this great promising 'Keeper that got concussed and suffered a calamity in the CL final. He couldn't get in the team because of Mingolet until the new year then he had a decent few months now he's reverted back to his medium which is sh*t.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
He’s not taking this very well.

He's got a point, to be fair. There's a bit of rivalry and then there is actively targeting a player who is clearly having a really crap time of it. Everybody had a bit of a laugh at his expense but the amount of crap thrown his way after the final was out of order. He cut a pretty sad figure on the pitch and it's not a case of a player not giving his all, you could tell he was devastated by his errors.

He's not helping himself though. If people know he's taking it to heart they'll continue to do it, reacting to it on social media is not the way to go about it. He needs to get off it entirely and get out of Liverpool, don't see any future for him with you.

Hephaestus

He's got a point, to be fair. There's a bit of rivalry and then there is actively targeting a player who is clearly having a really crap time of it. Everybody had a bit of a laugh at his expense but the amount of crap thrown his way after the final was out of order. He cut a pretty sad figure on the pitch and it's not a case of a player not giving his all, you could tell he was devastated by his errors.

He's not helping himself though. If people know he's taking it to heart they'll continue to do it, reacting to it on social media is not the way to go about it. He needs to get off it entirely and get out of Liverpool, don't see any future for him with you.
Spot on. I laughed after the CL final but he doesn't deserve the abuse he got and he doesn't deserve the stuff he's getting now. Agree that a swift exit would be best for him.

ti vu

Uh, you realize the hatre & threat was coming from L'pool fan, no?

Every body else see it as banter. Professional athletes are public figure and part of their job is to own it up. Coming out with concussion stuff after the final was putting fuel to the flame. Now he continues to make more mistakes then he is called out for.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He’s not taking this very well.

He's being targeted and quite often maliciously over a game of football at the end of the day. His confidence is obviously shot atm, but he's still a top goalkeeper.
He's a human being which people seem to forget, having your biggest failure magnified and scrutinised for the world to see would be difficult for any of us.

Djemba-Djemba

He's being targeted and quite often maliciously over a game of football at the end of the day. His confidence is obviously shot atm, but he's still a top goalkeeper.
He's a human being which people seem to forget, having your biggest failure magnified and scrutinised for the world to see would be difficult for any of us.
I mean, he's not is he?

I agree that it's a shame he's being targeted with the abuse online but I think he's always been a dodgy keeper.