Louis CK

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've been following him for quite some time now. Got to know him through his show on HBO Lucky Louie. For those who haven't heard of it or seen it I recommend it. It's a more sitcommy version of Louie basically.

I love his work but somehow I imagine he'd be even funnier if I had kids. You really can't understand stuff like wiping a tiny vagina unless you have a little girl.

kps88

Heh. I was searching for it too. There was no episode last night for some reason. Back next week.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Been catching up with this, one of my favourite scenes of anything recently:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He's fecking hilarious. I've been watching Louie for the first time recently. Halfway through season two.

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
Louie is one of the most brilliant shows at the moment, great mix between surrealism, comedy and satire, with a deep dark underlying serious tone. The last episode with David Lynch was great.

I've been watching some of his stand up as well, parts of it is true class. The way he used to speak about his wife is shocking, but I'm not really sure how much of that is actually true - even though he did get divorced.

Danillaco

Louie CK is brilliant. Stand ups, and his recent show are amazing. Not too much of a fan of Lucky Louie.

kps88

The three episode arc was absolutely brilliant, especially the last one. I wouldn't even call this a comedy anymore, it's genre bending.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
It's hard to describe what it is. I just really enjoy the little bits of stand-up during the episodes. The stories are a bit hit and miss, but mostly hit.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
I was searching the clip on youtube the other day where he tells some talkshow host (Letterman or Conan O'Brian I'm not sure) about this scary flight he was on, but I couldn't find it. If anyone knows what I'm talking about and could post the link it would be much appreciated. It was something about the pilot flying unauthorised in bad weather with just enough fuel, a plane that was almost falling apart and some more hilarious stuff.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
He won a couple of massively deserved Emmys last night, for writing Louie and his Beacon Theatre special. Best comedy writer around at the moment?

kps88

He was beaten by John fecking Cryer in the lead actor category.

Snow

Who thinks Two and a half Men is any good and that Cryer deserves an award? It just makes a mockery of the other people who won. Big deal. You won an Emmy. So did Jon Cryer. In fact, Two and a half Men got 2 awards for acting.

kps88

Not even John Cryer. His interview before the show was a real honest "I know I'm not going to win going by the other people nominated". Apparently the episode he sent in to the judges was really dramatic.

Most award shows are a joke anyway. The TCA is the only one left with any credibility.

Leg-End

He beat Louis CK, Larry David & Alec Baldwin............yeah.

cinc

He won a couple of massively deserved Emmys last night, for writing Louie and his Beacon Theatre special. Best comedy writer around at the moment?
I think so. I like Stewart and Colbert a tiny bit more, but those guys have armies behind them to help out, while Louie has only Pamela Adlon to chip in.

The_Red_Hope

He's easily one of the most likeable and talented people in entertainment by a long shot. And he's on such a hot streak as well .... good for him after the long barren spell at the start of his career.

Danillaco

The three episode arc was absolutely brilliant, especially the last one. I wouldn't even call this a comedy anymore, it's genre bending.
Is this the one he goes to Iraq, with the little bird in his bag? That was fecking brilliant, funny and heartbreaking at times.

kps88

Is this the one he goes to Iraq, with the little bird in his bag? That was fecking brilliant, funny and heartbreaking at times.
No I was talking about the latest three episodes. But yeah those Iraq ones were brilliant too. These were a bit similar as well in the way he managed to combine comedy and drama so elegantly.

Snow

Whoa, what a great finale. One of the better finales I've seen from a comedy. In fact, off the top of my head, I can't think of a better one. Lynch was excellent.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
The scene with the doll at the beginning was hilarious, one of my favourite bits of this series.
And the music is fecking perfect throughout the entire show.

Anyone know if it's up for a fourth series?

kps88

Show is taking a one year hiatus as per Louis' request. Back in 2014. :(

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Louis is doing 2 shows in London at the o2 and hammersmith apollo on 20th and 21st of March available here louisck.net.

I just got tickets, well a ticket as I dont know anyone else who even knows of him. Never been to London, cant wait.