Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

iKeano

Cut him loose already, it's not fair on any of us.

Seeing his chubby little face all wrapped up warm in the dug out as he watched Blind and Darmian attempt to do a football - ahead of him in the pecking order - was like watching my dear old Nan stare into the harsh reality that she'd never jive again.

Jose must just hate the kid. Real shame.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Wont be a Utd player for long since his contact expires in 7months and him being on high wages don't see him being offered a new one. Such a waste

prtk0811

I wont mind if we leak goals from his side , He cant do much worse than blind. Atleast he'll overlap on the left and put in a decent cross. Nothing justifies playing blind before him since last month.

Or if we cant play him as a fullback play him as a winger upfront to bring new dynamics to the attack. Antonio valencia is also chubby but he's fast similar is the things with shaw.

Andersons Dietician

Honestly would have thought that once again he might have got a 20 minute runout last night with Rojo being subbed since he has Just come back. Move Blind across and put Shaw on.
Things really don’t look good for him. Jose did say something about him being the most talented LB in the club only last season so Something has to be seriously wrong.
Can understand in the league Young is doing a decent job but if he’s not going to play the kid then looks like it’s over.

Sylar

Its a weird one. If Jose truly hated him, he wouldnt have him on the bench.
If he wasnt fit enough, he wouldnt make the bench. Say Smalling and Blind both got injured last night, Shaw would have had to come on, right? Meaning he would have been able to do a job otherwise its nuts by Jose for even putting him there in the first place.

I dunno, I dont see training and all that. The few reserve minutes ive seen of him it looked like he didnt even care enough to prove he should be the best player on the bitch. Wondering if hes like that in training? hmm

ashgabat

Come look at our Swedish girls instead!
Supports
Malmö FF
Saw a rewrite of a Sun article in a Swedish newspaper where they claim a source at Carrington says that Luke Shaw has the highest core fitness scores in the squad, together with Valencia, and that he's committed himself to getting in shape.

Don't know if we should link to the Sun here, not sure it can be called a credible news source!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Saw a rewrite of a Sun article in a Swedish newspaper where they claim a source at Carrington says that Luke Shaw has the highest core fitness scores in the squad, together with Valencia, and that he's committed himself to getting in shape.

Don't know if we should link to the Sun here, not sure it can be called a credible news source!
Wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy isn't fat, he's built like a brick wall but it's quite squat in his build at the same time. He's also fast and, by all accounts, very strong. Valencia shares the same traits minus the huge arse, so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if he's up there.

prtk0811

Wouldn't surprise me at all. The guy isn't fat, he's built like a brick wall but it's quite squat in his build at the same time. He's also fast and, by all accounts, very strong. Valencia shares the same traits minus the huge arse, so it definitely wouldn't surprise me if he's up there.
Then we have got no right to not give him game time. i expected him to get some past month in fixtures where we could give him that. We are literally forcing ourselves without of option of having him as a option in december because of lack of game time and confidence.

Bwuk

If he doesn't play against CSKA, we'd be as well as closing this thread.

Jacko21

When he next gets minutes on the pitch, he can't rely on going through the motions, he has to show something - a spark that'll go some way to lifting the cloud that hangs over him.

Bwuk

When he next gets minutes on the pitch, he can't rely on going through the motions, he has to show something - a spark that'll go some way to lifting the cloud that hangs over him.
Agreed. If he gives a 6/10 performance he'll go back to 4th choice.

prath92

He should take a hard look at Ashley Young and see how he used that game vs Basel and since then he started in every PL game. Not like Young was world class that game but he showed that he had assets that we lacked. Shaw should do the same as he does have qualities we need (dynamism and power surges)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He won't make it off the bench imo. He'll just be there so Young can get a rest while Blind starts.
After his performance against Basel, he shouldn't start but then again Shaw never starts again anyone.

Think Blind should play as CB or midfield (never going to happen) with Shaw as LB.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Reckon he might start against CSKA, don’t think Mourinho is happy at all with Blind at the moment.

SirAF

Ageist
Considering everything he’s been posting on social media he got to be starting :lol:

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Considering everything he’s been posting on social media he got to be starting :lol:
Been burned with that before with Martial posting something on twitter which was out of the ordinary and ended up not playing. Look further down Shaw's timeline - retweeted on Oct 16, tweeted on Oct 17 and didn't even make the bench for that game on the 18th.

The "looking forward to tomorrow" bit looks telling but yeah, tweets have been the bane of my lineup prediction game this season.

saivet

On instagram his caption is "Ready *emojis*" and twitter is this
He's had a few post like this too, so wouldn't expect too much.

Given how Blind and Darmian have performed, maybe Mou will give him a run out to rest Young for the derby but who knows.

SirAF

Ageist
Been burned with that before with Martial posting something on twitter which was out of the ordinary and ended up not playing. Look further down Shaw's timeline - retweeted on Oct 16, tweeted on Oct 17 and didn't even make the bench for that game on the 18th.

The "looking forward to tomorrow" bit looks telling but yeah, tweets have been the bane of my lineup prediction game this season.
I agree - but it looks pretty silly to post that without having been told he's starting :p

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Maybe Jose will get pi**ed off that he is telling everyone that he is starting through social media and not start him at all :D :D

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Would love it if he rescued his career here from what looks a certain death. Would save us a shit load of money.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Watch Shaw score 7 own goals and walk up to Jose then give him a stone cold stunner. That'lll teach him!

Damien

Staff
I agree - but it looks pretty silly to post that without having been told he's starting :p
Yeah, I ended up putting him in. Had already missed a couple of weeks of lineups due to moving so couldn't do any worse.

Rashford made 53 appearances last season.

El Zoido

It’s hard to believe he’s played 50 games for us. Feels like about 10.

Oscie

Pessimism over him from so called 'fans' really pisses me off. For all we know he might't even get carried off injured until well into the second half

Damien

Staff
Putting him in the window for january, perhaps?
Yeah that is my thought. Will probably end up going out on loan then sold in summer.

Would love it if he turned it around but think that opportunity has long passed with the injury at the end of last season and his performances for the U23s the final straw.

Man Utd 2:1 Moscow

CM

He's been excellent so far, really happy to see him back in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.