Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

mu4c_20le

His fitness is back. Watching him cut inside after Dan James came on, and helping run the midfield, was brilliant.

KennyBurner

He always starts off slow but he grew into the game and was very good. Im glad that he is able to play this many games without looking tired.

AFC NimbleThumb

I’m a huge doubter but a few times in the second half he was coming inside & really playing today.

He’s been good since the restart bar the Spurs goal & like the rest of the team has shown improvement tenfold.

Andersonson

His run when Pogba made that pass is evidence that the guy is in top shape. It was late in the game and he found so much space. Unlucky not to score.

He's been brilliant lately. Rightfully keeping Williams on the bench.

I think the emerge of Williams has put Shaw on his toes, and thats exactly how it should be.

criticalanalysis

There were a few corners in the 1st half, which reached him at the far edge of the penalty box.

I was fecking screaming for him to smash it..

He has that ability to be a threat on goal. Hopefully more game time and coaching will bring that out of him.

Very good game in general though.

Last edited:

Mr Smith

He's improving a lot, I think this might have been his best performance of the season. Crosses and cutbacks are becoming a lot more accurate and intelligent.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I think slowly but surely he's gaining confidence, I think after his injury he's taken a long time to come out of his shell. We're steadily starting to see more of why we made him the most expensive teenager in the world.

Tel074

I'm one of his critics but to be fair to the lad he's been very good the past few weeks . He still gives me heart attacks with some of his defending but so did Evra back in the day . Let's hope he can keep up this good form and stay fit

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He is in awesome form, making so many attacking runs, even one on one with GK too. He is getting into excellent positions, just needs to find the right final pass. He has everything, pace, defensively very good, looks like his stamina levels have improved, very good dribbler and first touch, can pass the ball well. Only thing he lacks is final pass and ability to whip the cross instead of just floating it.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I'm one of his critics but to be fair to the lad he's been very good the past few weeks . He still gives me heart attacks with some of his defending but so did Evra back in the day . Let's hope he can keep up this good form and stay fit
Not in the same league as the lads further inside for brainfarting. I've liked his play since the return.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He was playing infield when James came on. Very surprised to see that.

His ball playing skill is very underrated here. He has a brilliant first touch and got an eye for first time pass. It's just that his delivery that lets him down.

To be honest, when was the last time Walker assisted for a goal ? If I remember correctly he just had about 4-5 assists whole of last season.
So it's not about always assists.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
To be honest, when was the last time Walker assisted for a goal ? If I remember correctly he just had about 4-5 assists whole of last season.
So it's not about always assists.
This is worth remembering and considering that in the last few games alone multiple goals have come from Shaw’s balls into the box none of which have statistically been credited as assists but nonetheless caused the danger to create a goal. This is what’s wrong with peoples love to look at just numbers instead of watching the match and giving credit.

Morpheus 7

Shaw played okay today, solid enough down his side defensively. He's still not overlapping properly and providing enough offensively. People mention when he gets in behind once like it's an achievement. We relied on our midfield today to break Bournemouth down. We simply down have enough quality balls going in. I rate AWB, I think his delivery isn't there yet but he's always getting closer to the line to cross. Shaw seems to want to burst through diagonally at the corner of the box. My point is, AWB creates space on his side by hitting the line. Shaw is reluctant to keep overlapping, like he's conserving energy to get back.

There will come a day when a team is parking the bus and we will struggle to break them down. The full backs need to provide more going forward. The ability to stretch teams with width is key. Liverpool and City rely a lot on full backs to really hurt teams. It's nice to have solid players but one side at least needs real width. I think this is a big part of winning league in the modern game. I think Shaw has improved from the restart but the hype is odd. We need so much more if we want to really dismantle sides. Seeing two overlaps a game isn't going to cut it, if we want to truly compete.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's been fanatastic. Some of his touches are more befitting of an attacking midfielder.

RashysTekkers

Its hilarious to see people who obviously didn't watch Shaw play a lot talk about how he's 'just average' . No he's not just average in those games. He made things happen. He's a nuisance down the left flank, combined well with Rashford.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Shaw played okay today, solid enough down his side defensively. He's still not overlapping properly and providing enough offensively. People mention when he gets in behind once like it's an achievement. We relied on our midfield today to break Bournemouth down. We simply down have enough quality balls going in. I rate AWB, I think his delivery isn't there yet but he's always getting closer to the line to cross. Shaw seems to want to burst through diagonally at the corner of the box. My point is, AWB creates space on his side by hitting the line. Shaw is reluctant to keep overlapping, like he's conserving energy to get back.

There will come a day when a team is parking the bus and we will struggle to break them down. The full backs need to provide more going forward. The ability to stretch teams with width is key. Liverpool and City rely a lot on full backs to really hurt teams. It's nice to have solid players but one side at least needs real width. I think this is a big part of winning league in the modern game. I think Shaw has improved from the restart but the hype is odd. We need so much more if we want to really dismantle sides. Seeing two overlaps a game isn't going to cut it, if we want to truly compete.
I've been saying similar. His fitness has improved and he seems interested now but his quality is still lacking. I think when a player goes from crap (which he certainly was for a couple of seasons) to sort of okay, a lot of people get excited. He still has a lot to improve on.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
He's an interesting player. Would want to see more end product but when he runs at teams I love that. He links up play well. If he could add another 5% to his game he would be real quality. With his quality he should be looking to get a few more assists and add some goals to his game. He's been unlucky at times though so maybe it will come.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Hes playing well and looks a bit fitter..... If only he had a final ball though. His delivery in the final third is still very poor for me. Doesn't get a lot of assists does he? I was critical of AWB earlier in the season for this but he's improved his end product a bit in fairness. Shaw gets in some really good positions for us and rarely ever does anything with it.

Eddy_JukeZ

Excellent again.

I really wish his final ball was a bit better once he gets in the final 3rd.

el3mel

He has been fantastic again.

No faults with him these last few years. He's in a great form on both sides of the pitch.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Standard good performance. Chalk up another assist he should've had tonight.

RedIan

Lukes playing really well, a good game tonight. He doesnt always get the credit he deserves.

El Zoido

Wish he’d sometimes take a shot on when he gets in the penalty area. That one right near the end, would love to have seen him drill a shot at the goal. He always looks for the square ball across the 6 yard box.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Seems like he’s been instructed to play in the half space inside and Rashford is the one who stays wider to provide the width. Don’t really think that gets the best out of Rashford, and there’s so many times where we have the ball deep and you’re just screaming at Shaw to break the lines by running forward and creating a cutting passing lane, but he seems to hold his position.

Good performance though, otherwise. Just don’t really like the tactical approach we’ve taken.

Mcking

More attempts and consistency with aerial crosses and we'd be looking at one of the best defenders around.

Brightonian

Him and Rashford have absolutely nailed down that very late overlap-release-cross routine. Combination of Rashford's perfect weight of pass and Shaw's perfect first touch works every time. Shaw was unlucky that Villa did such a sterling job blocking them every time.

UnitedChampionsAgain

Decent performances now, certainly putting in the effort. Still can't cross or shoot to save his life though. Bricks it every time he's in their box, something he has in common with Williams and Bissaka.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Wish he’d sometimes take a shot on when he gets in the penalty area. That one right near the end, would love to have seen him drill a shot at the goal. He always looks for the square ball across the 6 yard box.
Yep, said exactly the same thing. He's got a good shot on him, needs to vary it, a driven cross, a chipped cross and a shot, difficult to defend against. My MOTM.

Excellent today, Rashford has stopped running at defenders for some reason but the overlaps with Shaw are lovely. He ran his arse off today. Wish Martial or Greenwood would stand at the back post or on the goal line for a tapin beause Shaw has trouble getting his cutbacks through a crowd of players. Would rather just a driven cross across the goal mouth.

He's also playing as an inverted wingback since lockdown when we're not on the break and in possession, dropping into central midfield. Interesting little tactical adjustment from OGS which I quite like as it utilizes Shaw's best quality - his short passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.