Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

Fred was already well in front of Shaw. Shaw was out of position and slow to slot back. He was out of steam and had been tried for good 10-15 min before this happened.

But again having no leaders in the backline to keep our shape it's understandable that Shaw was running out and not tracking back. The backline should have stayed home and tighten up when we got back infront but no of course not, getting dragged out of shape again and again is the way this defense defends.
The hell you talking about? Fred was at left back.

spiriticon

Cracking forward play today. Keep it going son. This is consistency I've not seen in him before.

Idxomer

He did a lot of good stuff but needed to be more alert during attacks on his side.

thepolice123

You can tell why he is a superior leftback. His passes, ball-control and composure are easily the best amongst our defenders.

Raven

He's just a great player. Physically and technically excellent and reads the game brilliantly. I like the way we're trying to rest him as much as possible at the moment, he really is vital to our play.

united for life

Really not sure why we signed Telles. Probably to have a hood back up for Luke. He’s been excellent since last year. He really matured under Ole. His runs up and down the left side is great. He links well with marcus, he actually adapts to whoever is playing on the left in front of him. He’s solid defensively and his crossing improved like magic this year. Very good performance today

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Everyone struggled doing what Shaw is best at so when he came in he looked the best player on our team, I get it. It was a good cameo with the exception of a couple of lazy passes and jogging back one time. He has better chemistry with Martial than Telles has with Rashford, that is clear.

Nick7

Really not sure why we signed Telles. Probably to have a hood back up for Luke. He’s been excellent since last year. He really matured under Ole. His runs up and down the left side is great. He links well with marcus, he actually adapts to whoever is playing on the left in front of him. He’s solid defensively and his crossing improved like magic this year. Very good performance today
Without Telles we would have no one to rotate him with or to play when he’s injured. Williams isn’t good enough for that.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That drilled pass to Fernandes for the shot (which Coady looked to handball to me) was excellent

EdinburghDevil

He played well when he came on and usually links well with Rashford. He's having a good season so far

united for life

Without Telles we would have no one to rotate him with or to play when he’s injured. Williams isn’t good enough for that.
yup, that’s what I said. A good back up/rotation. Agreed. I like Telles as well. Offers a different kind of full back. Still Shaw is our starter for sure

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont think he was this good until we bought Telles.

I think it's his arrival and him learning from him that has helped his attacking play in particular and be more well rounded.

Ole is doing this because he saw this under SAF.

Ole bought Wan Bissaka and Likes Shaw because everyone uses inverted forwards these days - so fullbacks with some defensive abilities isnt a bad thing to have in your locker. That doesnt mean he isnt interested in attacking ones - this is why I assume he will go for the attacking RB aswell and Ole may hope AWB develops a bit better than he has currently done learning from absolutely nobody.

Shaw is learning from a 27 year old and now is starting to look like a complete player. On the other hand Wan Bissaka has absolutely no one to learn from in a position he has only played in for 3 years.

Dorris

It’s an insult Trippier starts ahead of this lad at left back for England.

Andersons Dietician

I think it's his arrival and him learning from him that has helped his attacking play in particular and be more well rounded.

Ole bought Wan Bissaka and Likes Shaw because everyone uses inverted forwards these days - so fullbacks with some defensive abilities isnt a bad thing to have in your locker. That doesnt mean he isnt interested in attacking ones - this is why I assume he will go for the attacking RB aswell and Ole may hope AWB develops a bit better than he has currently done learning from absolutely nobody.

Shaw is learning from a 27 year old and now is starting to look like a complete player. On the other hand Wan Bissaka has absolutely no one to learn from in a position he has only played in for 3 years.
Disagree with that. I think people are just becoming aware that the vaunted so called superior left back in Telles isn’t all that. If anything Luke isn’t playing as well as his previous seasons yet.

The_Midfielder

It is for competition and also to cover for Shaw when he gets injured... Telles is also a good player.. but for now Shaw is better.. It is definitely better to have options..

el3mel

We signed Telles to provide a squad depth for the left back so that when Shaw is out we don't play with Williams.

To be fair for Telles at 27 age the time has passed him to become a top footballer.

Of course, I'm a little bit disappointed he didn't push Shaw harder, as Shaw has been easily head and shoulders ahead of Telles, but he still offered good depth in several other games.

united for life

well, though I think you’re right that Shaw will learn from an attacking left back like Telles, I think it’s unfair to say that he only improved this year. His development started with Ole who has given him confidence after a terrible relationship with Jose.

it’s good to have competition for places. This is what Shaw said when Telles was signed. Both will get good game time and hopefully both will continue to develop each others.

as for wan-bissaka, like you said, it’s only his 3rd season. He’ll only improve

Leonzo1

Best left back in the league after Robertson. Was immense when he came on. Wise to rest him occasionally as he is extremely injury prone.

united for life

We signed Telles to provide a squad depth for the left back so that when Shaw is out we don't play with Williams.

To be fair for Telles at 27 age the time has passed him to become a top footballer.

Of course, I'm a little bit disappointed he didn't push Shaw harder, as Shaw has been easily head and shoulders ahead of Telles, but he still offered good depth in several other games.
shaw is a better left back as he is more complete. He added so much to him game going forward. Telles is also good and will play his fair share of games

Idxomer

Disagree with that. I think people are just becoming aware that the vaunted so called superior left back in Telles isn’t all that. If anything Luke isn’t playing as well as his previous seasons yet.
He's been consistent since he's become a guaranteed starter in Mourinho's last season.

His biggest problem remains with injuries.

Yagami

Good post resistant
As expected, he's outperforming Telles, and because Telles was supposed to be the answer to our attacking width woes from our full backs, people are realising he's not bad at all. He's a very good player.

spiriticon

Ok let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's played some cracking forward passes today but in the end he still isn't anything to shout about in the final third.

Shaw's great for two thirds of the pitch, always has been.

Telles was meant to give us more options for the final third, but at the moment neither are truly excellent

Alemar

He started to play better because due to Telles he no longer needs to play every game (and it helps fatigue wise)

Ekeke

He started to play better because due to Telles he no longer needs to play every game (and it helps fatigue wise)
Correct. And better competition, as well as having a player he can actually learn some things from. For example his crossing and set pieces are better this season, probably focusing on them because thats Telles' strengths

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ok let's not get ahead of ourselves. He's played some cracking forward passes today but in the end he still isn't anything to shout about in the final third.

Shaw's great for two thirds of the pitch, always has been.

Telles was meant to give us more options for the final third, but at the moment neither are truly excellent
It's hard to be productive in the final third when your main attackers are all inconsistent.

Himannv

Great performance as usual. He really should be taking set pieces more often when the objective is to set someone else up. His corners are really excellent and almost always well-directed - I'm just surprised he hasn't taken them before.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Great performance as usual. He really should be taking set pieces more often when the objective is to set someone else up. His corners are really excellent and almost always well-directed - I'm just surprised he hasn't taken them before.
To be fair, He has taken them before and was crap until telles came.

UpWithRivers

Traore was giving us problems when Telles was on then Shaw comes on and owned Traore. Yeah he's not Trent Alexander-Arnold attacking levels but hes decent and defensively our best defender this season. How he is given so much disrespect from United fans Ill never know.

SATA

We need to speak more of his technical ability even as a LB. It's one of the best in the squad. First touch, dribbling and now he's adding some quality to his set pieces delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.