Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

Dude was straight up bullying Oliver's son Cash, hence why so many calls went against him, but he was immense, close 2nd to Pogba's MOTM imo.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Excellent game. Don't understand the criticsm he get esp going forward. I've noticed that he loses out on many assists due to inadequate finishing. Case in point, Pogba's missed chance today
Agreed! He was quality today and thought he looked good going forward.

Not an easy gig trudging forward and back up the wing! Brilliant match from him again.

Andersons Dietician

At times he utterly bullied that guy Cash. Showed how powerful and strong he is. Cash was lucky a few times to get a foul in my opinion.
I’ve always felt Rashford when he is on that side underuse our LB’s. But with Pogba, Bruno and Martial dropping in there they were looking for him and feeding him. Found it funny when Rashford found himself there again he ignored good runs and the best option again provided to him by a LB. I think he just hates leftbacks.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
They'll be having nightmares about his overlapping runs tonight. He's been great this season, I'd argue it's shaping up to be his best season since he joined.

The United

He has been overlapping like that forever. Rashford just like to cut in and run into the crowd instead of using the width at times.

I think we used Shaw properly this game with Pogba being more like a player maker on the left rather than a Rashford.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
loving his play lately...one of our most consistent performers...nothing against Telles, cause I think he's actually an adequate replacement, but Shaw should be one of the first names on the teamsheet with the way he's playing lately...not getting enough love for me

arnie_ni

There was one stage awb was breaking away in a counter attack and if he had the confidence in himself he could have slide Shaw in 1 v 1 with the keeper.

Would have been class to see our rb assisting our lb. He didn't pass it in the end

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
At times he utterly bullied that guy Cash. Showed how powerful and strong he is. Cash was lucky a few times to get a foul in my opinion.
I’ve always felt Rashford when he is on that side underuse our LB’s. But with Pogba, Bruno and Martial dropping in there they were looking for him and feeding him. Found it funny when Rashford found himself there again he ignored good runs and the best option again provided to him by a LB. I think he just hates leftbacks.
One of those “fouls” was peak Oliver bullshit. Not even close to an infringement. So annoying.

Hes playing very well but I wish he'd look before firing the ball across the 6 yard box. Half the time theres a much better pass available.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Was great again today but was also partly at fault for their goal. Didn’t need to drift into the centre like that and left Traore wide open

Telles had allowed us to rest him, and we are really seeing the best of him as a result. I don’t think he’s ever had an able deputy at the club in his time here (hopefully I’ve not forgotten someone really obvious!) and we are seeing the dividends.

Andersons Dietician

Was great again today but was also partly at fault for their goal. Didn’t need to drift into the centre like that and left Traore wide open
I don’t know, he had to go inside to track El Ghazi who was the immediate danger and threat coming in. Pretty much a catch 22. If he leaves Ghazi, and it ends up at him then we’d be saying poor defending by Shaw as well. He had to go to the immediate danger or biggest threat and leave Traore. Just unfortunate it ends up exactly where we didn’t want it.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
I start to warm to him again, he's not a great crosser and sometimes too basic in the final third but his understanding with Rashford and Martial is very good, he hasn't lost much speed after the injury and has a decent cut back on him. He's becoming one of our Mr. reliables for us. We know we'll get a great defender with who's very comfortable in tight spaces who can play quick one twos and provide an option out wide supporting our attack.

Still only 25 and already played over 220 top tier games which I think lefts him still with a space for improvement..

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's playing very well and is helping a great deal in transitioning play and providing overlaps which is what I expect of a Manchester United fullback. Hopefully he can steer clear of injuries because currently he's a vital cog in our team.

criticalanalysis

Solid game.

I know it's never been his thing but I would love to see him a bit more aggressive into driving towards the goal and actually taking a shot or getting to the edge of the 6 yard box. He's had a few shots and driven closer to the box this season but it's a bit too timid. I want to see some serious attacking intent not just spur of the moment actions.

He has it in his locker technically and physically. To be fair to him, being gun shy/over playing near the box is almost systemic to everyone in our team not named Bruno and Fred :lol:

Mcking

He just needs to learn how to whip in a cross. That's the only flaw you could find in his game as a full back.

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
I don’t know, he had to go inside to track El Ghazi who was the immediate danger and threat coming in. Pretty much a catch 22. If he leaves Ghazi, and it ends up at him then we’d be saying poor defending by Shaw as well. He had to go to the immediate danger or biggest threat and leave Traore. Just unfortunate it ends up exactly where we didn’t want it.
Didn’t Maguire have him covered? You just don’t leave a man on your side open, the ball bounced through to Traore somehow

Mr Smith

His overlapping runs are outstanding and he's a constant problem for the opposition and defends well. If I have a gripe, its that his cut-backs frequently hit the first man and I think could be more accurate. His strength really helps him get ahead of opposition full-backs though, there was a moment in the second half where the Villa right back went down and a foul was incorrectly given, Shaw had just shrugged off his challenge.

Raven

Top player. He's been excellent for ages now, spanning 2 and half seasons. He's still improving as well, he could become one of the best in europe at LB.

Eternitiy

He just needs to learn how to whip in a cross. That's the only flaw you could find in his game as a full back.
His crossing has been brilliant. He's become a genuinely terrific corner taker and his delivery from free kicks is also very good.
From open play, he doesn't cross so often, but I don't mind. He is far more likely to play an incisive ball into feet to the forwards along the ground, which keeps possession and suits the strengths of our forwards.
Perhaps the best thing about the Telles signing is its lit a fire under Shaw's ginormous arse. Great performance again.
Don't think it's fair that so many people have been saying this. Why not give Shaw credit himself? His performances have nothing to do with Telles. Shaw is 25 now and finally seems to be staying free of injury. He's simply coming into his prime and realising the talent he's always had.
Granted, we now finally have an adequate replacement in Telles should Shaw become unavailable or in need of a rest.

Reactions: Jippy

meamth

Oh he will surprise you. He is taking corners regularly and I suspect that he is practicing his crossing ability more than ever now.

Adamsk7

The only flaw in his game is he never bloody finds anyone with his crosses from inside the box when he overlaps. He gets in to such good positions and rarely beats the first man. His assists stats are shocking considering at least twice a game he is inside the box completely unmarked.

Ace of Spades

Just needed a little competition to push him harder.

The injuries are not as frequent as before, and with more rotation and rest given to him this should help him perform better.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's basically playing near the potential we all thought he should be at from 5 years ago. The competition from Telles has pushed him to remain vigilant in his injury prevention programs.

The guy just plays simple effective football. Good first touch, good one on one defending, good decision making to retain possession, has good skill habits that get him out of trouble 90% of the time and is positionally sound almost all the time. He's reliable and consistent that way. He's slowly growing more efficient as an attacker as Bruno continually chirps in his ear. Same with AWB.

Sylar

I think he was looking good end of last season before his injury and his injury cost us Europa League.

But thought he was really good and the ref, for some bizarre reason, stopped it from being great with some odd decisions against him

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
The only flaw in his game is he never bloody finds anyone with his crosses from inside the box when he overlaps. He gets in to such good positions and rarely beats the first man. His assists stats are shocking considering at least twice a game he is inside the box completely unmarked.
Yeah, his final ball is shocking. Valencia esque.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
How he doesn’t start for England I’ll never know he’s easily the best left back going both ways. Such an excellent player which has been shown even more since the arrival of telles.

saivet

How he doesn’t start for England I’ll never know he’s easily the best left back going both ways. Such an excellent player which has been shown even more since the arrival of telles.
He definitely should be making the squad but I don't think he's better than Chilwell, though I don't think there is much between them.

I also think Southgate has an issue with him dropping out of the squad a couple of times which doesn't help.

Mcking

Chilwell is fantastic going forward to be fair. Think Shaw not getting many games for England hasn't been about performances lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.