Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon S

Solid player, we need him in good form for the rest of the season.

That Moreno tackle still makes me angry...

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I think he's improved quite a lot this season. He did not seem to be able to finally make the next step up but he's been very good imo. When we were linked with LBs in the summer, I thought it was the bench for Shaw but maybe it was competition he needed

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
He’s been really good recently. Probably got the best ball retention in the whole squad.

RUCK4444

Good player. Another one that gets bunches of unnecessary verbal nonsense from many here.

Said this when we signed Telles. He’s a much better defender than Telles and nowhere near as bad going forward as some would have you believe.

Before the leg break he was our arguably our best player at that time, he would be a massive boost if he can get back to that level again.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Easily the most underrated player in our side bar none. His performances generally go under the radar, but like I've said earlier, I truly believe if you look at both defensive and offensive abilities, Shaw would rank as the 2nd best LB in the league after Robertson.

CM

Shaw made a noticeable difference to our all round play when he came on for Telles in the second half. Injuries will always be a problem for him but that doesn't detract from the fact that he is a good player by and large.

simplyared

Thought he made a big difference when he came on in 2nd half. Looks strong and plays with intent and purpose. On a different level than Telles imo. He's a top LB, no doubt about that!

Rajma

Even though he was good per say, I thought we lost another dimension and width with Telles off he was doing crosses to Cavani which was keeping the defenders occupied and making more space in the middle. With Shaw I thought he never made any crosses whole game, which takes Cavani away from the game in many instances.

Red & White

I read he was enjoying being a more senior member of the squad now and helping out the younger players. You can see this new found confidence in his game. He might not be the most exciting attacking full back but he’s solid and links up with the attackers well. His delivery has improved, too.

Some players might feel threatened by a new arrival in their position but you can tell it suits him as it gives him a breather and he knows he can play to his strengths and Telles will play to his, depending on who’s selected, the opposition and how the game is going etc.

Imagine the contrast in his mindset now from 2/3 years ago when he was being called out in public by the manager, having his desire and fitness questioned by others in the game, still mentally recovering from an horrendous injury. Now, he‘s got a manager who will back him, a positive squad around him and passing on his experiences to the younger players.

Reactions: Sultan

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Great little cameo from Luke
Easily the most underrated player in our side bar none. His performances generally go under the radar, but like I've said earlier, I truly believe if you look at both defensive and offensive abilities, Shaw would rank as the 2nd best LB in the league after Robertson.
If he could maintain performances like this week in week out, yes he would be there. The problem is he doesn´t do that. He always need to be pushed. I really enjoyed his cameo last night, probably the best period of play he had for us this season and overal and he´s been decent this year but I wouldn´t go over the top. He´s a 7/10 way more than a 8/10 player most often than not.

Best full back in the team though and perhaps the most complete defenders in the league. Just need Telles for competition as an extra motivation to reach those 8/10s.

Andersons Dietician

Watching that video again some of those passes were top notch. The one in to Bruno. That’s a brilliant pass. Did something similar a few times and that pass/shot that almost got Cavani through I think was exceptional.

Adama must hate him as well. Everytime they’ve gone up against each other Shaw has made him look average. Hence why last few times he’s played against us he starts off on the left going at Bissaka.

3KDré

Definitely. Defensively he is best in the league. Honestly I can’t remember the last time a winger got the better of him. He’s regularly pocketed Salah and Mahrez every season, and has no problems with most other wingers in the league. Sometimes yes he is caught out of position like the Crystal Palace goal esrly in the season but I think we can put thst down to lack of fitness from the whole squad.

el3mel

He has to be our most improved player over last 2 seasons.

He has become absolutely fantastic and immense for our play. He's indispensable for us at the moment.

Plays a big part in a lot of attacks and always a nuisance for opponents.

El Zoido

I love how he looks for the space in behind. You can tell he’s really worked on this kind of positioning in training, the players all know to look for him too.

acnumber9

He’d a great game. Some clever runs that Bruno and Rashford were picking out regularly.

TheMitz

Best I've seen him play for a while, fitness levels look to be back pre injury

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He’s doing really really well. If he and Bailly can stay fit all the rest of the season, we’ll continue to have a very strong final 18 games.

vodrake

Absolutly tormented Matty Cash all evening, fantastic performance. Deserved an assist or two

Bobski

Can't remember him making that many aggressive runs into good areas in a long time.

The Telles signing has lifted his level.

Kaos

Perhaps the best thing about the Telles signing is its lit a fire under Shaw's ginormous arse. Great performance again.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
MotM for me tonight. He's such a fantastic player who often goes under the radar but today was a complete performance. Likely would have bagged an assist if Oliver wasn't such a chinless weasel.

-Supreme-

With Fred / McT / Matic in the double pivot it enables Shaw to attack more often than before in the tactical set up.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
He's so willing to get forward and support but his final ball continues to be misjudged or just outright awful.

KennyBurner

Had a great game. next thing for him is to develop a better pass at finding our strikers in the box.

Sir Alex Ferguson

Excellent game. Don't understand the criticsm he get esp going forward. I've noticed that he loses out on many assists due to inadequate finishing. Case in point, Pogba's missed chance today

Status
Not open for further replies.