Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyspider13

Shawberto Carlos
Luke Shawwalker
Shawshank Redemption (from Mourinho)

Great display today and throughout last season. It's heartwarming to see him fulfill his potential after that horrible injury. Long may it continue.

shahzy

"absolutely irresponsible to break out of defence like that leaving a massive gap behind" - Mourinho probably

TheMitz

Fantastic again today.

Since Mourinho gave him his brain he's been awesome.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
he’s a game changer. For a left back that’s even more impressive. In a game lacking quality he made the difference

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Guys, I have been seeing a few match ratings across some sites and somehow his ratings don't reflect how good he actually was. Even his stats reflect that.
Why do you think that is? Why are British publications blind?

Abraxas

It's got to the stage where it's more of a surprise if he doesn't have a couple of impressive bursts that take 3 or 4 players out of a game and open up potentially decisive opportunities. Very few full backs around can do that, especially late into a game as it's such a physically demanding position. The running power he has is one of the things that's really making him stand out now. We know he's always been a technically superb footballer and a decent one v one defender but the confidence he now has to use his strengths going forward has taken him up levels.

I still think he has to continue to do this to be recognised widely as the best around, not that perceptions should really matter to us. The fact is neutrals are quite slow to cotton on and still have him pegged as the unsure of himself Shaw. Also I do think being one of the best is being consistent for longer periods so that's the challenge now.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Chilwell being isolated is a blessing in disguise for both Shaw and England NT. Now that LB position is Shaw to lose. No ifs and buts or doubts anymore.

He could be in the Team of the Tournament if England is progressing nicely.

Oranges038

This lad again.

100% tackles won but still made a foul. I don't see how that makes any sense..

Previously I've been critical off him but Shaw was class today, best left back England have. Great to see him keeping his form up, plently of time left for him to get even better.

Crimson King

Guys, I have been seeing a few match ratings across some sites and somehow his ratings don't reflect how good he actually was. Even his stats reflect that.
Why do you think that is? Why are British publications blind?
I don't think you can take any notice of those things mate, most of them come down to the opinion of whoever wrote them.

On Sky they gave him a 6. They gave Grealish an 8, because he provided the pass for Shaw's assist and the cross for Kane's goal.

When you consider Shaw provided the cross for Sterling's goal and the pass for Grealish's assist, then this disparity in the ratings really makes no sense at all.

Some players will just never get the credit they deserve.

Andersons Dietician

Being Scottish and having been a long time fan of Shaw I find this one hard. Wanted England out not only because we’ll it’s England but also due to it holding up Sancho Day. He’s now dead to me.

However, when Grealish came on he some how went in to absolute boss mode. He just seems like he could play anywhere. Just one of those players that’s good at everything. It’s just the passing, control and movement. Just brilliant… ok Shaw I forgive you.

See if Shaw ever scores and absolute screamer I want him to run straight to the nearest Camera rub his tummy and say, My body, then point to his head and say my mind. Then the come at me arm spread.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
How does xA work because Sterling scores that 99 out of 100 times.
Because based on real stats and history, players don't actually score that 99 times out of 100! Just like penalties are only scored around 75% of the time so get a .75 xG (around that). xA is just the cumulative amount of xG a player set up.

Andersons Dietician

Guess he needs more time to adapt with selfish players
I mean Rashford like never passes to him so he is pretty used to it. Amount of times he’s been in a similar position to today when Grealish fed him and Rashford ignores him to go inside try and take on 3 players then smash it as hard as he can at the player standing infront of him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He is currently the age we signed Evra. That's is amazing.
that really puts it into perspective, bonkers as I remember thinking we signed him at a good age and look how much he improved.

sky really is the limit for him

Shimo

Just seen Sky give him a 6 in rating, yet Grealish got a 8 and they highlighted the pass to Shaw for the opener but, no reverse mention of Shaw's break up of play and run and pass to Grealish to setup the second. Bloody hell.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I mean Rashford like never passes to him so he is pretty used to it. Amount of times he’s been in a similar position to today when Grealish fed him and Rashford ignores him to go inside try and take on 3 players then smash it as hard as he can at the player standing infront of him.
Feck me. Did you actually watch Manchester United this season? What a braindead observation.

Amarsdd

The BBC player ratings, voted for by viewers, gave Shaw an average of 6.64, making him England's 9th best player, out of the 13 who got on the pitch.

Bonkers.
I'm not surprised. His fault or not, or just oppo banter there's already a mindset in most oppo fans and even some United fans that Shaw is not a good player, that he is the same player struggling with injuries and weight. Its difficult to change a mindset which have been reinforced again and again through social media. I wouldn't be surprised if Maguire is also low on some these public ratings for similar reasons.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
What, better than Paolo Maldini? Have a lie down.
Yeah, that's an incredibly giddy take. :lol:

As great as he's been for the last year, he'd have a long, long way to go to pass Marcelo, let alone Maldini.

Status
Not open for further replies.