Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His talent wasn’t really ever in doubt. It’s the application that needs to stay consistent.

OmarUnited4ever

His best moment was when he chased Iwobi, love to see such things, he was good today and now he has no choice but to keep it up, since Ten Hag will not hesitate to drop him for Malacia

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Defensively very very good, offensively I won't expect from him what he's never given on a regular basis

I find the praise ridiculous considering he did nothing in attack entire game. Really weird. Also we literally defended 20 minutes from full 90 because Everton were shite.

I think I'll avoid this thread from now on, it was weird enough in the Malacia thread.

kunal18

He has that air of first team players during Fergie period.Hope he stays fit and shows consistency.I would play him regularly even if he has a bad game once in a while.Class player

Rossa

Mu motm. I’ve been critical of him, bit today he was class. Looked sharp, full of intensity and had Gordon so far down deep in his pocket he might never see the light of day again, poor fella.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I find the praise ridiculous considering he did nothing in attack entire game. Really weird. Also we literally defended 20 minutes from full 90 because Everton were shite.

I think I'll avoid this thread from now on, it was weird enough in the Malacia thread.
Sorry mate. Said this twice already since the game, but it appears nobody agrees and thinks Shaw played well.

Dorris

Probably for the best if you can’t accept he had a good game today.

The Viper

He was excellent today. Very solid defensively and decent link up play as well. However, there's one thing that always bothers me which I've noticed with him i.e. he always fecks up the offside traps being the last man standing and keeping the opposition player onside. Hope irons out that from his game.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Sorry mate. Said this twice already since the game, but it appears nobody agrees and thinks Shaw played well.
Probably for the best if you can’t accept he had a good game today.
I think he's had a good game. And that's about it.

I find the praise ridiculous because people called for Malacia's head for weeks because he was quiet in attack and Shaw did nothing in attack the entire game.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Beat player on the pitch for me too. Good to see the fire back in his belly.

Prodigy24

Seems like he needs a new LB every season to give him a kick on the arse, but was great tonight. Long may it continue.

Idxomer

I find the praise ridiculous because people called for Malacia's head for weeks because he eas quiet in attack and Shaw did nothing in attack the entire game.
Hyperbole, people only called for him to be dropped after making several defensive mistakes in his last 3 games.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

I find the praise ridiculous because people called for Malacia's head for weeks because he eas quiet in attack and Shaw did nothing in attack the entire game.
This doesn’t become true just because you keep saying it. He crossed the halfway line for a start, and linked well with Rashford and carried the ball forward on a few occasions.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

Shaw didn't do much in terms of the final ball, but he was very involved in the build-up and our control down the left side.

Jev

I find the praise ridiculous because people called for Malacia's head for weeks because he was quiet in attack and Shaw did nothing in attack the entire game.
He was very integral to our build-up play, much more so than Malacia.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Just need competition. Think it will push also Malacia and eventually we will have two world class LBs. We can also try Malacia on the right as an inverted RB after today's shocking game from Dalot.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Let the boom bust cycle begin!

Deffo still one to get rid off as part of the long term rebuild.

Irwin99

Give him his dues, he played very well I thought. Hope he has a good run in the team now.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
One thing I thought was interesting was that in the first half he was playing very much as an inverted fullback, constantly moving inside and helping out the midfield. Then in the second half he played as a more normal fullback and kept the width. He did well at both, other than maybe the final 15 minutes where I thought he started struggling with fitness a bit.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Is your definition of contributing in attack just whipping crosses in or making overlapping runs? If so then yes he didn't do that. But he was very much involved in our build up play in a way that Malacia doesn't have the ability to be. Shaw can actually dictate play from deep, a very rare ability in a FB.

phelans shorts

I can’t speak for others, I didn’t have any issue with Malacia’s performances before last Sunday. He had two defensive horror shows in a row though so deserved criticism and being pulled from the limelight.

Malacia has a lot of promise, I like him a lot, but Shaw has earned a spot in the first XI for the foreseeable (with that being said, no issue with Malacia starting on Thursday if that choice is made)

Telsim

Took this opportunity with both hands. Bullied Gordon into irrelevancy. Should be starting ahead of Malacia from now on. Hopefully, the latter doesn't become the next Telles.

Marwood

Looking much fitter and sharper now. Which obviously is good. Yet at the same time irritating that he's just spent a year out of shape.

Idxomer

He was very aggressive and looked very fast. We all know his quality on the ball it’s the intensity he needs to bring to his game. Hopefully he kicks on now.
He's probably as quick as anyone in the league, but a lot of the time he seems scared of running at full speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.