Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Might be winning his place back gradually. I like the competition for places and really don't mind as long as the one in form is starting at lb.
Yeah, we have to look at it as an actual position rather than personify it. As long as the left back position is playing well I couldn't care less if malacia and Shaw played a game each.

Bobski

His technical level is miles ahead of Malacia, that should never have been in doubt, but Malacia brings energy, aggressiveness and shiny new toy-ness. Shaw should be consistently among the top 2-3 full backs in the league with his ability but has about 18 months of quality performances in his career. It really shouldn't need a Telles or a Malacia to be brought in to get the best out of him.

RedOrange

Ponders on the ball too long and still refuses to overlap consistently.
There's this one pass that's clearly been set up as part of the tactics that Shaw absolutely refuses to make and it drives me crazy. He receives the ball wide, and the fullback comes over to close him down, leaving a huge space between the fullback and the centre back. You can tell they set this up, because there's always a midfielder running into that gap. Shaw refuses to pass into that gap. It happened at 77:08 in this match and he missed Van De Beek on it against Brighton (I think?) and there are a few other instances.

That's Fred there in a full sprint going straight through that gap you could fit a bus through sideways. A little flick in front and Fred's in on goal. Remember those drills they're doing in practice with the one touch passing? Those are for this exact type of situation. Instead Shaw dribbled back through those two midfielders and passed back to Eriksen.

Rossa

Ponders on the ball too long and still refuses to overlap consistently.
This! There was a moment when he had the ball and could easily have played Eriksen through the center or Rashford down the wing. Instead he backed off and backed off till the openings were gone and he passed backwards. Safe on the ball but often too safe.

Raven

He gets into far better positions than Malacia, I think he's still a bit rusty but looks a far better option than Malacia right now. Which was to be expected, for now anyway.

Olecurls99

This! There was a moment when he had the ball and could easily have played Eriksen through the center or Rashford down the wing. Instead he backed off and backed off till the openings were gone and he passed backwards. Safe on the ball but often too safe.
That sort of decisiveness comes with game time

Jev

What a difference it makes to have a left-back who wants the ball, comes forward to aid in attack and can pass it cleverly and progressively. I like Malacia but Shaw is miles better, it's not a contest.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Should I just copy posts from Malacia's thread about his negativity going forward or are we going to pretend he crossed the halfway line today?

edgecutter

Better today, but we really shouldn't have to keep paying 15 million for new LBs just to give this guy a kick up the backside.

DarkXaero

A beast defensively tonight, so strong in challenges, it was unlike the Shaw you usually see.

criticalanalysis

Shocked when he tracked back and sprinted to win the ball twice in 10 seconds!

Very good today defensively and quite conservative on the overlap but assured on the ball.

Last edited:

Hulme91

You're getting prime Shawberto again just because he's got a bit of competition :lol:
I like Malacia but he's not on the same level as a motivated Shaw, it's just a shame he needs to be pushed hard by direct competition to play to his max level

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Been saying it for ages. Technique wise, he's as good as you can get for a FB. But he will have lapses of concentration from time to time. When he's on it, he's really really good.

Gordon S

Damn, if we could get to see this beast week in week out, we would be in a much better position!

TempusFugit

Played like a man possessed today. When you look at it he obviously has all the tools to be a top LB, he's absolutely rapid and strong as hell. My motm today

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He was more aggressive today. If he keeps it up, he can obviously make that spot his own.

Kag

Boils my piss that his poor games are genuinely down to a lack of effort. The way he charged back in the second half is what we should be seeing every single week. The talent is there, which we know.

Pirlo'sBeard

Shaw's ability has never been in question.

It's his attitude. Tonight it was superb and it showed in his performance.

CloneMC16

The real MoTM. He was excellent all game. When he's good, he's very good. We need to see him play like this much more often. He has the talent.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Excellent today, won every duel. Thought he was underutilised with his overlaps. He showed great desire to win it back and good to see him outmuscling opposition too, I haven't seen that from United defenders in a long time.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
I’m enjoying Shaw’s redemption arc. Hope it lasts.

acnumber9

Looked a lot more determined than he has for over a year. Being dropped is the only way to get him to try.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Decent game. His passing on the opposition half was crap, but worked hard to defend at least. Didn't participate much though. The game was played mainly on the other side of the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.