Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylar

Say what you will about Shaw, but his first touch really is laughably good.
Reminds me of Valencia who I thought had an amazing first touch too.
His cross was brilliant near the end

CloneMC16

He has been excellent since coming back into the team. It's great to see that. One of our most comfortable players on the ball. He progresses the ball so well.

JonnyIreland

Played great today, looked like he had an extra spring in his step… I’ve always rooted for him since the horrible leg break.

Devil77

I just love the rejuvenated Shaw. Great technique, ball control and fighting spirit. Loved when he stood up for Martinez and shoved Mount.

SirScholes

It’s good getting him back to normal, sometimes think he takes a touch too many, or runs the ball into the area sancho is in bringing a load of defenders over with him.
Always has a bit of fight in him which I like

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Becoming my favourite palyer again. Basically I pray to get the ball to him everytime we are under any kind of pressure because his touch is absolute world class and ability to beat the press great, also good piece of vision and a pass can help a lot in the build up as much as his fat arse defending on the other hand..

Good turn around Luke.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Reminds me of Valencia who I thought had an amazing first touch too.
His cross was brilliant near the end
Yep similar players, pretty much a guaranteed 7/10 players with a chance to hit a 8-9/10 form... Yes, Shaw is hitting that kind of form now and it's great to see that.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Best player on the pitch, absolutely brilliant game again. Will be a huge player for us this season, Malacia has been a great signing...

Zoo

Showed his class and exemplary technique when we were chasing that equaliser. The dummy on Mount then a lovely clipped ball down the line for Elanga to cross which resulted in the throw in. From that he played the ball into Casemiro. When on form he’s undoubtedly world class.

yeti

Shaw is in absolute BEAST mode. He looks to have lost about 3 stone in the last 6 months. He's a lean mean footballing machine ! I dont know if its what ETH has said or the arrival of Malacia - (maybe a combo). The lad is absolute world class. Southgate must be creaming his pants with the world cup coming up.

Last edited:

Hawks2008

Don't care for him but if he keeps up this form he should be one of the first on the team sheet.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He has been excellent since coming back into the team. It's great to see that. One of our most comfortable players on the ball. He progresses the ball so well.

Incredible performance, also shows how poor Eriksen was last night.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I've been one of his biggest doubters and critics but yes he's been really good recently. Verry happy for him

Real Name

As it was said in here before his first touch is world class, there isn't a pass he won't receive like there's nothing to it.

Red00012

Shaw and Dalot have been excellent recently probably a small bit of it has to do with the fact they have world class CB’s they can trust now.

Eric_the_Red99

We’ve seen in the last few matches that he can be a world class talent when he’s on top of his game. Which makes it so infuriating that his motivation seems to wax and wane so much.

I’m not sure what the answer is other than to keep signing new left backs every season to put pressure on him, or to hold international tournaments twice a year.

arthurka

Yes we do and that is why we fecking hate the lazy bastard that plays in his position 80% of the time he has been here. I am wondering how long he has got left in his contact? But I didn't know he had such nice cheekbones as I have never seen them before.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What’s more powerful? Shaw with left-back competition or Martial when we have no other available strikers?

spiriticon

If I were a psychologist I'd defo check him for a split personality.

There are 2 Luke Shaw's living in that body. One is a beast footballer and the other is a couch potato.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Who still thinks he’s shit?

The boy is coming good again.
Nobody actually thinks he’s shit, do they? But his application has had every right to be questioned. I’ve been one of his staunchest supporters, but I was at the end of my tether with him earlier in the season - he has no excuse to not be this level of player all the time. He’s one of few of the old boys who has the ability and talent to be here and permanent starter and lock for his position.

CM

It's nice to see Shaw doing well again. I actually think he's quite underrated in terms of talent, criticise his mentality and application all you like but his technical ability is really good. Great first touch and ability to progress the ball.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Biggest problem with him is his consistency and he always does better when he has something to prove.

Hopefully ETH figures a way out to keep his performance up because there’s very few left back who can compete with Shaw when he’s at his best.

PoTMS

Won the battle of England left backs yesterday. Not even close really.

Status
Not open for further replies.