LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gza the genius

I'm fairly certain we're just going to let LVG stay until he's at a point where the only option is to sack him, at which point it'll already be too late to salvage anything good from this season.

Triple.Threat

I'm beginning to get the feeling i had in the Moyes era where i actually never expect United to win games. Van Gaal manages to have us lower the expectations.

Last edited:

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
We really are becoming a mid table club.

From the top to the bottom, standards are dropping and dropping. To the point where even some fans are accepting it.

No other elite European club would accept such mediocrity. And mediocrity is being kind, seeing as we've won 4 of the last 17 games.
Well said. A 0-0 draw at home with two shots on target is now acceptable because we "played well". Jesus wept...

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I kind of expect them to sign an additional winger and striker for him in January too if we don't just bring back Januzaj.

I hope there's a reason to this madness and the board is being far more pragmatic than indecisive. LvG has also given debuts to a ton of academy players which the club probably feels good about.

Firing him is easy but what if Mourinho comes in and brings the same malaise that he had at Chelsea while ignoring the youngsters too? Then we run out of options.

I think I'm ranting to myself so I'll stop now.

United22

We really are becoming a mid table club.

From the top to the bottom, standards are dropping and dropping. To the point where even some fans are accepting it.

No other elite European club would accept such mediocrity. And mediocrity is being kind, seeing as we've won 4 of the last 17 games.
Wait what :confused:

Dante

Average bang
30 points after 19 games (at the halfway point for this season). On course for 60 points unless things start getting better.
If your memory isn't too clouded, which I doubt. We got hammered at home by Liverpool,City, lost to Newcastle,Everton(home and away).Lost tamely to swansea. Virtually had no game plan that I saw.

Yup, it was entertaining..... if you're an ABU
I could list games we've lost this season too! Maybe your short term memory is as faulty as my long term memory.

We're on course for 60 points, currently. In 13/14, we got 64. LvG needs to improve to get to Moyes' level.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Trying to imagine how the 2nd half of the season will go now it's becoming increasingly likely we wont sack him.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand what a 0-0 draw changes. He blames luck, but LVG is beyond lucky himself.

Crashoutcassius

8 fecking games without a win. All that talk of his job hanging on Stoke and Chelsea and we get 1 of a possible 6 points.
You deserve to be disappointed for listening to something the media. I honestly dont know how far all these years people don't realise that these stories are invented to get clicks.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
feck him and feck the board.

If he isn't sacked by the Swansea game I honestly thing it is the biggest farce in the history of any sport ever. He should have gone after the Norwich game, probably even the Bournemouth game.

The performance today was improved but for the most part was dogshit.
pretty dogshit performance
:lol: the feck is this?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
The man is deluded, a draw against a relegation contender and he thinks that he is invincible. There is no hope.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
30 points after 19 games (at the halfway point for this season). On course for 60 points unless things start getting better. It doesn't look like they will.

I could list games we've lost this season too! Maybe your short term memory is as faulty as my long term memory.
Maybe, but I'm not retarded enough to believe Moyes was more entertaining; a manager who up that point had won the Community Shield

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Our board are a bunch of fecking idiots if they don't sack him. They'll probably buy into this bullshit that today was a genuinely good performance. It was better then normal under LvG, but a 0-0 draw at home to Chelsea (who are fighting relegation at this point), after the run we've been on, is shite. No two ways about it. 4 wins in the last 17 games, none in the last 8... Dreadful form.

Dante

Average bang
Maybe, but I'm not retarded enough to believe Moyes was more entertaining; a manager who up that point had won the Community Shield
More than LvG has got for us. I'm not retarded enough to be happy with van Gaal's successes before he came to OT.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
:lol: the feck is this?
In the context of who we are and the state of our opposition, it was dogshit. Fair enough if you prefer the context of the previous few games, where it was much better. Is that our standard now then?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I hated moyes as much as anyone, but statistically, we had more shots per game (and the opposition had more shots per game against us). Overall, it's just as bad, just that Van Gaal has been about as boring as possible, despite spending 250 million. Yet Woodward has a hard on for him for some reason:houllier:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
In the context of who we are and the state of our opposition, it was dogshit. Fair enough if you prefer the context of the previous few games, where it was much better. Is that our standard now then?
Your post was dogshit.

Biggest farce in the history of any sport ever :lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The man is deluded, a draw against a relegation contender and he thinks that he is invincible. There is no hope.
Yup, it's rather defeating. I hope the standards are not slipping at the club.

Riz

You deserve to be disappointed for listening to something the media. I honestly dont know how far all these years people don't realise that these stories are invented to get clicks.
Even so, what's not invented is the facts. Whether it was a briefing or not, the pressure was on after the Norwich game and that's what our next 2 results were?

Crashoutcassius

Good to know that our manager 'isn't concerned' that he's taken his team to 6th in the league. Not won in 8, won 4 in 17, won 15 of the last 36, got us knocked out of the CL, got us knocked out of the LC by a championship team...but no its okay, he isn't concerned.

What an utter clown. How people can accept this is beyond me.
you can take any quote out of context. He said he isn't concerned about his job lol, I'm sure he's concerned that the performances aren't good

Boycott

If your memory isn't too clouded, which I doubt. We got hammered at home by Liverpool,City, lost to Newcastle,Everton(home and away).Lost tamely to swansea. Virtually had no game plan that I saw.

Yup, it was entertaining..... if you're an ABU
At least we had some good wins in there. Compile Moyes's victories vs Van Gaal's victories and Moyes's victories would come out on top in terms of goals, quality and purpose.

Spoony

The People's President
I suspect he'll either go in the summer after getting us in the top four or sacked after it becomes mathematically impossible to get a CL place.

RedMilo

Enjoyed the performance, first time in a while I have been totally engaged for 90 mins. Chelsea were poor and it may have been a different story if Diego Costa had been fit for them. Still unchanged on my position, LVG has got to go. No wins in 8 is not good enough.

bubbles_

It has become ludicrous. A manager of one of the teams lower in the league would be under very serious scrutiny with 4 wins out of 16, never mind the Manchester United manager.

Triple.Threat

Top team with top management will recognize when things aren't work out and act swiftly. Not our management sadly.

mu4c_20le

We drew 0-0, at home, to the team that are 16th in the league.

People that are happy with that have no standards at all. You're talking like you support West Ham or Stoke.
While I am lukewarm to the news of him staying for the moment, I don't see how this result is any worse than our previous four. People are feeling positive because of a change in performance on the pitch, regardless of the disappointing result.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I'm begging to get the feeling i had in the Moyes era where i actually never expect United to win games. Van Gaal manages to have us lower the expectations.
Moyes was appallingly bad, the amount of home defeats, and seemingly a new record each time, "this team haven't won at OT for 241 years until now" type stuff regularly.

But I don't remember 5 home 0-0s, and 8 games without a win.

8 games without a win! At Manchester United!

Status
Not open for further replies.