LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ixion

Never understand why people compare SAFs start with LVGs..

United of 86 is nowhere near United of 2015. I cant comprehend the logic of it.
They did the same with Moyes. Did you know statistically he had a better start than Busby and Ferguson? Apparantly that's important because people kept pointing it out.

Arytonblue

Emerald Isle (Paddyland for the uncultured swine)
We've scored only 13 goals at home between August and December. That's utterly utterly pathetic. How can anyone still think that LVG is the right man in charge.
Because Van Gaal has been given the arduous task of rebuilding the bombed out nuclear wasteland known as Old Trafford all by himself brick by brick. The poor aul sod was only given a quarter of a billion ffs, we can only hope he brings us back to the glory days of yesteryear (2013) within the next century. Sir Moysie himself said it was always going to be tough after SAF and that he needs time (the mystical elixir to cure all of a club's ills), who could disagree with such a United legend like him?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We've scored only 13 goals at home between August and December. That's utterly utterly pathetic. How can anyone still think that LVG is the right man in charge.
I've been to 4 home games this season, and actually feel lucky I've seen us score 6 In those 4!

Moriarty

They did the same with Moyes. Did you know statistically he had a better start than Busby and Ferguson? Apparantly that's important because people kept pointing it out.
Which shows the truth of the old adage about lies, damned lies, and statistics.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Because Van Gaal has been given the arduous task of rebuilding the bombed out nuclear wasteland known as Old Trafford all by himself brick by brick. The poor aul sod was only given a quarter of a billion ffs, we can only hope he brings us back to the glory days of yesteryear (2013) within the next century. Sir Moysie himself said it was always going to be tough after SAF and that he needs time (the mystical elixir to cure all of a club's ills), who could disagree with such a United legend like him?
Agreed. We should definitely give him another fifty years and £5-£6 billion to spend before we even begin to question him.
And your quite right, When king Moysie speaks, oceans do part, world leaders stop dead in their tracks and listen and Gods nod their heads in agreement. He is truly the philosopher to Van Gaals philosophy.

I feel better now knowing that in 30-40 years when the philosophy is nearly working and it's just LVG's brain in a jar (even in death the board wouldn't replace him) strategically placed on the managers seat in the Old Trafford dugout that we'll be in safe hands (well actually a safe brain in a jar, but you know what I mean). :-)

Garethw

I've been to 4 home games this season, and actually feel lucky I've seen us score 6 In those 4!
Definitely mate. However I misread the article. It's actually 13 goals goals in total from all teams. United themselves have only scored ten fecking goals at home all season! Shocking stuff!

acrebo

Reflecting on the last couple of weeks, one big positive on this whole debacle is how the media have acted.

The went WAY over the top on the "two games to save his job" story. LVG called them out on it and said he expected an apology and, despite a couple of papers throwing their toys out of their prams in response, they've proven to be totally wrong and have certainly stopped spreading anywhere near as much shit as they were before.

The usual suspects will continue to make stuff up to sell papers but it's noticeable how some of the more respected outlets, including BBC, have gone back to playing it safe with rumours regarding LVG's future. Kinda boring now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Definitely mate. However I misread the article. It's actually 13 goals goals in total from all teams. United themselves have only scored ten fecking goals at home all season! Shocking stuff!
It's the 0-0s at home that have been the real madness. Other years we might get 1. To get 6 already is horrendous. It's such an odd feeling leaving a 0-0 game

spwd

Also, LvG is not a long term solution. With short term solutions you would expect much more than with a young talented manager. I fail to understand why its so important to give him time when he is gone next year or before that.
My thoughts exactly, he's going soon anyway,so why not give Maureen 3 years or more if pep isn't available, to me it's a no brainer sacking him.
If he actually manages to turn it round and win something (a trophy not a game) he will want to go out on a high so more than likely he won't extend even if he did well.

Last edited:

spwd

I actually thought Moyes was very lucky to stay in the job so long but this clown seems to be even luckier and he's on par if not worse than Moyes given the money spent and 18 months.

I hoped we'd learn from that but it seems we learned that we should give managers more time even if they're shite instead of getting rid early enough to save the season.

We've got to have a second half of the season as good as arsenals first half and hope Leicester implode, this simply shouldn't be the case having a so called top manager and having spent £300 million in 18 months .

Ixion

He's always seemed like a nice guy to be honest. I've no problem with the person (and to be honest my vote on here has never changed, let him see out his contract).

Gatti33

He's always seemed like a nice guy to be honest. I've no problem with the person (and to be honest my vote on here has never changed, let him see out his contract).
I'm a nice guy, or so people tell me, do I deserve to manager Manchester United?

spwd

We have scored 13 goals at Old Trafford from August till December, and are ranked 92 in all of the English leagues,can someone sack this fraud straight away, we are the first club that naively gave him a blank check and let him throw away 250mill

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...officially-boring-watch-English-football.html
And people are still sticking up for him.
In comparison, during Sir Alex Ferguson’s final title-winning season in charge (2012-13), it took United just four games to reach 13 league goals at home.

Arytonblue

Emerald Isle (Paddyland for the uncultured swine)
In comparison, during Sir Alex Ferguson’s final title-winning season in charge (2012-13), it took United just four games to reach 13 league goals at home.
:lol:

Don't you know that was literally the worst title winning team ever? What a rubbish side, 86 league goals? 89 points? 11 point winning margin? World class strike force? Exciting goal-fests? Last minute winners? Comeback wins? Who needs such shite like that?
What were their possessions stats like? Pass completion? Passes back to the keeper? How many 0-0's were achieved? Thank god those times are well and truly gone.

Garethw

I was actually wrong. That's 13 goals in total scored at OT this season (United and opposition). United have only scored 10 goals!

It's a jaw dropping statistic.

spwd

:lol:

Don't you know that was literally the worst title winning team ever? What a rubbish side, 86 league goals? 89 points? 11 point winning margin? World class strike force? Exciting goal-fests? Last minute winners? Comeback wins? Who needs such shite like that?
What were their possessions stats like? Pass completion? Passes back to the keeper? How many 0-0's were achieved? Thank god those times are well and truly gone.
Shocking stuff eh!

I was actually wrong. That's 13 goals in total scored at OT this season (United and opposition). United have only scored 10 goals!

But but we won the possession grrrrrr!

Hammerfell

I switch between wanting him thrown off the top of Old Trafford and being desperate to keep him because I'm not confident about the possible successors on an almost daily basis. Bad times.

spwd

You could but shouldn't accept to be lower than top teams in the top two divisions but to be bottom of everyone is gobsmacking, I'm hoping were securing pep so are not making any statements to support lvg etc, if not we'll do worse than Liverpool considering the money around now compared to then.

C'est Moi Cantona

And yet everything is now seemingly rosy after that swashbuckling 0-0 draw with Chelsea, it really is incredible how that result has changed the mood so drastically.

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he has for the sake of sanity he has to go at the end of the season at the latest.

spwd

I'm pretty sure I could do a better job than lvg just by picking the right team we all kind of agree on and not making illogical substitutions .

spwd

Don't get me wrong I like the guy, but he has for the sake of sanity he has to go at the end of the season at the latest.

I liked him when he joined but he's coming out with so much bs I actually hate him now.

C'est Moi Cantona

I liked him when he joined but he's coming out with so much bs I actually hate him now.
Word for word that's exactly what I said 3 minutes ago.

C'est Moi Cantona

I was trying to quote you bud but screwed it up lol
:lol: No worries, thought you were some sort of weirdo or something.

I agree with your sentiment, he just never fails to surprise with what he comes out with, I think he actually believes it all too. Reality is has turned us into a horribly dull side and it has to stop, but I do think we're stuck with him until the end of the season, sadly.

Oneunited26

And yet everything is now seemingly rosy after that swashbuckling 0-0 draw with Chelsea, it really is incredible how that result has changed the mood so drastically.

If he watched our european cup winning teams, he would have said to the likes of scholes, ronaldo, giggs, best, charlton, rooney, they should have passed it to this guy instead of shooting, LOL.

He really does get under my skin how he thinks we showed great character, what? against a struggling chelsea team who are doing worse than he is

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

If he watched our european cup winning teams, he would have said to the likes of scholes, ronaldo, giggs, best, charlton, rooney, they should have passed it to this guy instead of shooting.

He really does get under my skin how he thinks we showed great character, what? against a struggling chelsea team who are doing worse than he is
He is just the wrong guy with the wrong 'philosophy' for a club like United, I have said it several times on this forum, but I believe he was taken on solely on the basis that he was the only 'big name' available at the time, & I don't think the club/Woodward dug deep enough to find out the possible implications of hiring him, they are in too deep now which is why he is still here.

If klopp, Ancelotti, or maybe Simeone had been available at the same time he would never have been hired, and the whole story would have played out very differently, we were just unlucky.. as LvG loves to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.