LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spwd

:lol: No worries, thought you were some sort of weirdo or something.

I agree with your sentiment, he just never fails to surprise with what he comes out with, I think he actually believes it all too. Reality is has turned us into a horribly dull side and it has to stop, but I do think we're stuck with him until the end of the season, sadly.
Yeah he certainly believes in his own hype, what's surprising is How many on here have fell for it too, it's like an LVB cult.

Oneunited26

He is just the wrong guy with the wrong 'philosophy' for a club like United, I have said it several times on this forum, but I believe he was taken on solely on the basis that he was the only 'big name' available at the time, & I don't think the club/Woodward dug deep enough to find out the possible implications of hiring him, they are in too deep now which is why he is still here.

If klopp, Ancelotti, or maybe Simeone had been available at the same time he would never have been hired, and the whole story would have played out very differently, we were just unlucky.. as LvG loves to say.
He is just too old and deep in his ways to be managing club football, why in his late 60's is he even coming to the PL to manage someone like united, when he clearly he is past his best to be managing club football at his age. But yea I agree, and the board are at times to selfish to put this old horse out of its misery. His mistakes are so mind boggling, how we are going into the new season with a weaker squad than last, when we had one less competition last season yet we had a deeper squad lol.

He can make the best jobs in the world feel like wanting to clean toilets a better prospect than working for this senile old man, then we know this guy should be has far away from a club like united has possible

C'est Moi Cantona

Yeah he certainly believes in his own hype, what's surprising is How many on here have fell for it too, it's like an LVB cult.
I'll tell you that Chelsea draw was almost hypnotising for some people, he was apparently under massive pressure going into the Christmas fixtures and he walked away from it with one point, a sackable offence you would have thought, but no, and that's because that one point was taken in the last game, a game we only looked good in because of how utterly dreadful we were in the previous matches, it was just a normal performance against a bad side, and we still didn't win!

i have accepted he will be here until the end of the season now so I just hope he gets us top 4 and then resigns gracefully.

spwd

I'll tell you that Chelsea draw was almost hypnotising for some people, he was apparently under massive pressure going into the Christmas fixtures and he walked away from it with one point, a sackable offence you would have thought, but no, and that's because that one point was taken in the last game, a game we only looked good in because of how utterly dreadful we were in the previous matches, it was just a normal performance against a bad side, and we still didn't win!

i have accepted he will be here until the end of the season now so I just hope he gets us top 4 and then resigns gracefully.
Very very sad times unfortunately, it seems were run by idiots so guess we're on the way to liverpoolitus which we could avoid but don't seem to want to.

The posters saying it's all about 4th place and the commercial side seem to be spot on unfortunately.

roykeane19

I'm a nice guy, or so people tell me, do I deserve to manager Manchester United?
Same these "oh hes such a nice guy" things are doing my head in, im sure hes one of the highest paid managers in the league, plus hes flushed 250 mill and cant set the team up to create a goal, let alone score

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I switch between wanting him thrown off the top of Old Trafford and being desperate to keep him because I'm not confident about the possible successors on an almost daily basis. Bad times.
This. I am skeptical when other posters say we should sack him now and put Giggs as caretaker.

Oneunited26

Very very sad times unfortunately, it seems were run by idiots so guess we're on the way to liverpoolitus which we could avoid but don't seem to want to.

The posters saying it's all about 4th place and the commercial side seem to be spot on unfortunately.
It seems we have to wait 10 years for a new set of people to come in, who actually know what they are doing in making the right FOOTBALL calls, that is right the right FOOTBALL calls. We always say football moves in cycles, we had our decades of dominance, seems for the foreseeable future we are now in the cycle where idiots are running the asylum looking after their jobs, and not what is best for the club. We have an idiot managing our club, who's doing so bad, he must sink to new lows for him to get the hell out. We are in the era of chimps running the club, with head chimp managing the team

Winrar

"He's great, give him an extension" :lol: :lol: :lol:
Can we name and shame the ones who voted for that
more than half of them are oppo fans taking the piss.

as for the rest... maybe they're all duplicate accounts of rooney.

Last edited:

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...er-united-better-without-van-persie-hernandez

I'd much rather he just says "I' smarter than the lot of you so shut up" instead of these bordering on insanity explanations.
Now I've heard it all. Competition used to be the bedrock of United's success. Ferguson used to call United "a moving bus that couldn't afford to wait for anyone." (This was before he got soft towards the end of his career)

Now we're left with Van Gaal waiting for Wayne Rooney to reach the bus stop, only for him to turn up 3 hours late whilst being drunk and overweight.

Tosicsleftpeg

We simply must win the next 3 games, all against inferior opposition who have been in woeful form and really struggling hugely.

If we can't score against Swansea sheff utd and Newcastle I can't see how the board can back him it would be a genuine disaster. We have to at least get through to FA cup quarters or semis.

spwd

We simply must win the next 3 games, all against inferior opposition who have been in woeful form and really struggling hugely.

If we can't score against Swansea sheff utd and Newcastle I can't see how the board can back him it would be a genuine disaster. We have to at least get through to FA cup quarters or semis.
Sheffield Utd probably haven't beaten us for 300 years or something so that's bound to happen in my eyes and who really expects us to go far in the Europa when we're playing like we are?

Tosicsleftpeg

Sheffield Utd probably haven't beaten us for 300 years or something so that's bound to happen in my eyes and who really expects us to go far in the Europa when we're playing like we are?
I think we will scrape this round of the Europa league as the opposition is relatively poor but after that I don't see much hope. Even if we come against a half decent mid table team from any of the top leagues I think we will crumble.

FA cup we need to get through a couple of rounds at least there is no excuse to go crashing out of that.

Litch

The funny thing is I'm listening to him in a different way now, and it's making less sense than the riddles before it.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
In the Express he's quoted as saying he may buy a striker in this window. Not the sort of statement a manager makes who could be about to take charge of his last match (should the result not be positive). How did the Chelsea match suddenly reset the pressure for him to be sacked?

Stretford End Phil

His press conference was a nice rendition of the theory behind his 'philosophy' of football - no 'magic' and no explanations for how to 'destroy' Swansea - and the inner circle working to help him. His routine deflection of hard questions. Today's watchword is BALANCE.

Utter tosh as usual, one wonders whether the press are taken in by this kind of tripe. For the outsider it's like watching a heavily censored Punch and Judy show. We're in a game by game scenario so the charade will stumble on.

Plainly, if we do badly in the next five games our season is over - so to distract from that kind of reality the club will dangle decoys like a 'new' striker. That other philosophy of not facing painful truths and tomorrow will be better!

Happy New Year everyone!

Last edited:

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
In the Express he's quoted as saying he may buy a striker in this window. Not the sort of statement a manager makes who could be about to take charge of his last match (should the result not be positive). How did the Chelsea match suddenly reset the pressure for him to be sacked?
I think us fans are still pretty intent on him getting the boot. Unfortunately the board doesn't seem like it ever was planning in removing him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-un...er-united-better-without-van-persie-hernandez

I'd much rather he just says "I' smarter than the lot of you so shut up" instead of these bordering on insanity explanations.
Anybody that's played football will know that competition for your position is a good thing.

Knowing that you have competition for your place in the team is a good pressure that keeps you on your toes.

LVG surely doesn't believe half this tripe that's coming out of his mouth, does he?

midnightmare

Now I've heard it all. Competition used to be the bedrock of United's success. Ferguson used to call United "a moving bus that couldn't afford to wait for anyone." (This was before he got soft towards the end of his career)

Now we're left with Van Gaal waiting for Wayne Rooney to reach the bus stop, only for him to turn up 3 hours late whilst being drunk and overweight.
Yeah, saw this article and knew the CAF would be on it. It's mind-numbing to hear any top-level manager say this. More than just competition, where does that leave "squad depth"? When we started the season, I assumed he meant to use more of Wilson and Pereira with a floating top 3 in the old Dutch style. May as well have wished for the skies to rain pasta...

When you have poor depth it isn't just the competition (and drive) that suffers. It's also the team since each injury / suspension guarantees wither a shift in formation, style and tactics or players having to play out of position...or both. Then again, I've stopped trying to even imagine what is going on in his head...and that sickens me since I was a bonafide LvG supporter till recently. I started getting uneasy and questioning him in November when he made it clear that he'd rather play Fellaini and Powell (?!?) than Pereira or Herrera...and of course, the deterioration in play became more telling. December just leaves me with no option but to admit he's taken us as far as he can... I continue to hope we'll win all our games, but what used to be expectation now seems to be not just hope, but often forlorn hope...

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He absolutely made the wrong call on that, even if he made those decisions with the best intentions (it's a positive thing to show faith in certain players; we can all agree on that). Even the common-sense conclusion that unselected players want to play & will look elsewhere if they don't get selected is flawed because of what looks like a differing set of standards for different players. It's hard to avoid these conclusions:

* His preference for Rooney caused upset.
* That preference was deemed wrong and unfair by players like RVP and Hernandez.
* They, as a result, were conveniently deemed 'troublesome'/'bad for team spirit' etc, and moved on.
* Van Gaal now has a meek squad which is more controllable, content...but more complacent and characterless.

Further, the 'no competition' thing is a bloody joke, and goes against all usual footballing common sense; in a lesser manager and a more insecure man, it would look like someone merely keeping certain players happy, and therefore, onside. Usually, that is a sign of weakness, and the province of managers lacking in credibility.

More personally: RVP in his first United season put Wayne Rooney to shame, and showed what a genuine world-class professional can and should do; Chicharito - similarly to van Persie - loved being a United player, and had more dynamism in his big toe than Everton fan Rooney...yet both those players were ushered out for an obviously-declining Rooney. We're not talking about maverick troublemakers here, regardless of Moyes' need to have Wayne on his side or van Gaal's implication that RVP and Hernandez were bad for team spirit. It's pretty bloody disgraceful, IMO, and smacks of managers putting their own interests first and not the club's.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
From that ESPN link:

ESPN FC's Shaka Hislop agrees with David Moyes' assertion that Man United should not sack Louis van Gaal.
Well that's my mind changed, if Shaka Hislop thinks he should stay I guess that's that.

Crustanoid

He's earned the right to lose another 4-5 consecutive games following the storming 0-0 vs Chelsea.

NK86

He absolutely made the wrong call on that, even if he made those decisions with the best intentions (it's a positive thing to show faith in certain players; we can all agree on that). Even the common-sense conclusion that unselected players want to play & will look elsewhere if they don't get selected is flawed because of what looks like a differing set of standards for different players. It's hard to avoid these conclusions:

* His preference for Rooney caused upset.
* That preference was deemed wrong and unfair by players like RVP and Hernandez.
* They, as a result, were conveniently deemed 'troublesome'/'bad for team spirit' etc, and moved on.
* Van Gaal now has a meek squad which is more controllable, content...but more complacent and characterless.

Further, the 'no competition' thing is a bloody joke, and goes against all usual footballing common sense; in a lesser manager and a more insecure man, it would look like someone merely keeping certain players happy, and therefore, onside. Usually, that is a sign of weakness, and the province of managers lacking in credibility.

More personally: RVP in his first United season put Wayne Rooney to shame, and showed what a genuine world-class professional can and should do; Chicharito - similarly to van Persie - loved being a United player, and had more dynamism in his big toe than Everton fan Rooney...yet both those players were ushered out for an obviously-declining Rooney. We're not talking about maverick troublemakers here, regardless of Moyes' need to have Wayne on his side or van Gaal's implication that RVP and Hernandez were bad for team spirit. It's pretty bloody disgraceful, IMO, and smacks of managers putting their own interests first and not the club's.
All that interview did was confirm for me that he is horrible, horrible at man-management.

This guy actually speaks out about his lack of skills in managing players of high caliber as some sort of solid trait in management.

He has lost his marbles.

Gatti33

He's earned the right to lose another 4-5 consecutive games following the storming 0-0 vs Chelsea.
:lol: The funny thing is that's probably true! Woodward needs to grow some balls, if the rumours are true that he's refusing to sack LVG because that was his appointment and it will look bad on him, then it will look even worse when the owners have enough and the decision to sack him is taken out of woodward's hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.