LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Would love for him to turn it around, i feel it's vital that we act in this transfer window even though it will be overprice.

C'est Moi Cantona

This sums him up.
Is this him willingly trying something different, or him bowing to pressure for the club/players/fans?

Again what he meant could be have been misinterpreted, but if he sees the last two games as 'risky' then you can only worry for the rest of the season.

Edit, not sure it was misinterpreted, he said on Sky that he enjoyed the first half more than the second, could be a long few months.

starman

But we don't, this is the first win, and a very close one at that for ages, I have absolutely no confidence along with a vast percentage on here that we will win any game, it's probably worse under LVB because we know what we're going to get, under Moyes it was unpredictable so yeah 50/50, I can't stand either of them by the way because one ruined our club and the other one is trying to out do him!
Given the dominance in most games we should be winning them. The problem is the attack and mostly Rooney, but thats Van Gaal's, Moyes and the clubs fault as a whole, giving him so much power. 300k for 5 years for a player who is unshiftable and not anywhere near worth his wages.
The attack is crying out of a striker that given all that possession and dominance gives its deserved rewards. And as crap as Rooney has been, i always think he could produce something, which he did today, but still should be giving a hell of alot more considering he is paid similar to Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Saurez, Augero & Zlatan....

At the moment Marital carrying the ballot on the left wing/wingback, along with Young. Rooney is a passenger. And when opposite teams have that to contend with they can soak it up and hope for a the few chances to nick a goal and than just park the bus. A quality striker that put fears in the opposite will change that, imo.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
But we don't, this is the first win, and a very close one at that for ages, I have absolutely no confidence along with a vast percentage on here that we will win any game, it's probably worse under LVB because we know what we're going to get, under Moyes it was unpredictable so yeah 50/50, I can't stand either of them by the way because one ruined our club and the other one is trying to out do him!
Now it is the season of goodwill. And as I am a friendly and rather outgoing character, I feel always affinity with the 'family' of United supporters, and I will always make an effort to be simpatico. I smile and generally entertain a whole wide variety of opinion; I love to debate and moan with the best of them. So, yes, I understand frustration and dreams unfulfilled. But your post, in my very humble opinion, is cliched, tiresome, typical anti-LVG diatribe without much thought. I would encourage a more positive and imaginative approach. I am really only interested in the views and the confidence of MUFC supporters. Supporters, for whatever reason, are already committed, they are in for thick and thin. You have no confidence that we will win any game. And what is more, you are not alone, you tell us. You and the horde have lost faith in this manager. Well, okay. I lost faith, to be fair, in Moyes; he was a bad choice. But a quick look at the match day prediction thingy today shows that quite a few people in here expected a win against Swansea. What is more, I would venture to say, they feel included in the club project, win, lose or draw. Bobby Charlton was in the stand today, supporting the team, watching Wayne Rooney creep up on his record of goals scored for this amazing club. I would venture to say he expected a win today. Just all alone, by his little self. You can't stand either David Moyes or Louis Van Gaal? Alright, but I suggest that there is little or no comparison between the two. Different setup, different dynamic, different experience, different destiny. Watch this space, and magic will happen. Hey, let us not be joyless in the face of three hard-won points on the first game of 2016. Let us celebrate a decent win today against a well-organised side who have been our bogey team recently. Let us cheer on United in 2016. Happy New Year.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
The very same familiar issues existed today. Only saw flashes of increased energy and tempo.

Last edited:

Sultan

They're clearly too dignified to do anything of the sort. Seriously takes the piss that we have such a weak minded match day fanbase, they really could make a difference .. instead we indulge the likes of Rooney (never hear him get booed).

They need to wake the feck up and get the message through to the likes of Woodward. @Sultan does make me feel confident though that they're all not meek and accepting of what is on offer at the moment.
Most match goers would rejoice in LvG leaving. However, as match-going fans, it's difficult to show our displeasure during games. It would hurt the teams confidence and further sour the atmosphere.

Stringer

Given the dominance in most games we should be winning them. The problem is the attack and mostly Rooney, but thats Van Gaal's, Moyes and the clubs fault as a whole, giving him so much power. 300k for 5 years for a player who is unshiftable and not anywhere near worth his wages.
The attack is crying out of a striker that given all that possession and dominance gives its deserved rewards. And as crap as Rooney has been, i always think he could produce something, which he did today, but still should be giving a hell of alot more considering he is paid similar to Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Saurez, Augero & Zlatan....

At the moment Marital carrying the ballot on the left wing/wingback, along with Young. Rooney is a passenger. And when opposite teams have that to contend with they can soak it up and hope for a the few chances to nick a goal and than just park the bus. A quality striker that put fears in the opposite will change that, imo.
I agree that our attack isn't what it should be but Van Gaal could still be getting a lot more from it. Also part of the reason we 'dominate' games is because we take so few risks in possession and teams know this therefore they sit deep and look to hit us on the counter.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
This sums him up.
It says a lot that producing a mildly attacking performance in which the final score was 0-0 against a dire Chelsea side is regarded as being even remotely 'risky'. I very much doubt City, Arsenal, or even Leicester would've viewed any performance in such a manner if they'd played like we did at home against Chelsea, with the match still ending 0-0.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The very same familiar issues existed today. Only saw flashes of increased in energy and tempo.
I think it says a lot about his approach that we do occasionally seem to be capable of short bursts of energy and attacking play when we want to produce it. The latter stages of our win against Watford were an example. We had to find a winner, so produced a much more attacking performance for the period of a few minutes until we ended up scoring.

There could be an argument that we have certain players in our team who lend to a slow, less risky style (Mata, who I like but can be very quiet despite his talent being an example), but to me it's quite clear that LVG really wants us to play in this way, and slowly try to break teams down in a careful, calculated manner that involves us taking as little risk as is fathomably possible.

spwd

I agree with you that we SHOULD be winning these games but apart from today (which could easily have been 2-2) we aren't winning these games, he's only here for 18 months maximum IF he does well, which he isn't so why miss out on Maureen for the sake of a possible turn around for a maximum of 18 months, if we miss out on pep and Maureen we are truly fecked because city will have pep and Maureen will be at Madrid and kloppmeister at pool,(although that's looking very shaky) and Simeone/Pellegrini at Chelsea.

Now it is the season of goodwill. And as I am a friendly and rather outgoing character, I feel always affinity with the 'family' of United supporters, and I will always make an effort to be simpatico. I smile and generally entertain a whole wide variety of opinion; I love to debate and moan with the best of them. So, yes, I understand frustration and dreams unfulfilled. But your post, in my very humble opinion, is cliched, tiresome, typical anti-LVG diatribe without much thought. I would encourage a more positive and imaginative approach. I am really only interested in the views and the confidence of MUFC supporters. Supporters, for whatever reason, are already committed, they are in for thick and thin. You have no confidence that we will win any game. And what is more, you are not alone, you tell us. You and the horde have lost faith in this manager. Well, okay. I lost faith, to be fair, in Moyes; he was a bad choice. But a quick look at the match day prediction thingy today shows that quite a few people in here expected a win against Swansea. What is more, I would venture to say, they feel included in the club project, win, lose or draw. Bobby Charlton was in the stand today, supporting the team, watching Wayne Rooney creep up on his record of goals scored for this amazing club. I would venture to say he expected a win today. Just all alone, by his little self. You can't stand either David Moyes or Louis Van Gaal? Alright, but I suggest that there is little or no comparison between the two. Different setup, different dynamic, different experience, different destiny. Watch this space, and magic will happen. Hey, let us not be joyless in the face of three hard-won points on the first game of 2016. Let us celebrate a decent win today against a well-organised side who have been our bogey team recently. Let us cheer on United in 2016. Happy New Year.[/QUOTE,

I'm 45 and I've SUPPORTED Utd all my life, I don't however support a manager who is full of crap and apart from a lucky win today has produced absolute Shiite for 17 months out of 18, and I would venture to say sir bc wouldn't have expected a win today based on the facts of the last 18 months, and either way both Moyes and lvg need only one comparison and that's results which both of them have and are failing at, 20 minutes of ok football against Chelsea and a fluke win today won't change my mind or a lot of other SUPPORTERS!

Sereques

It says a lot that producing a mildly attacking performance in which the final score was 0-0 against a dire Chelsea side is regarded as being even remotely 'risky'. I very much doubt City, Arsenal, or even Leicester would've viewed any performance in such a manner if they'd played like we did at home against Chelsea, with the match still ending 0-0.
He said playing 3 at the back in first half and putting Young further forward was risky considering the pressure the team was under. Listen to the fecking press conference before jumping to journos with agenda and will quote him out of context.

SalfordRed1960

Is this him willingly trying something different, or him bowing to pressure for the club/players/fans?

Again what he meant could be have been misinterpreted, but if he sees the last two games as 'risky' then you can only worry for the rest of the season.

Edit, not sure it was misinterpreted, he said on Sky that he enjoyed the first half more than the second, could be a long few months.
He talked about being risky playing 3 at the back against Swansea when they had 4 in a diamond.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He said playing 3 at the back in first half and putting Young further forward was risky considering the pressure the team was under. Listen to the fecking press conference before jumping to journos with agenda and will quote him out of context.
Isn't the part about the Chelsea game a direct quote?

Shark

@NotShark
I still want him out. I'm supporting the players right now, not him. He lost me a long way back.

Sultan

He's not playing 3 at the back. He's also playing 2 very defensive minded midfielders. Also playing 3 at the back against a team who was scared to come beyond the half-way is hardly risky.

Sereques

He's not playing 3 at the back. He's also playing 2 very defensive minded midfielders. Also playing 3 at the back against a team who was scared to come beyond the half-way is hardly risky.
You don't have to make case to me on why you want LVG out, am correcting a very bias tweet from Herbert.

And yes, it was risky for a team that hadn't won in so long. Also, Bastian is not a defensive midfielder, he has never been a defensive midfielder in his life.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Anyone think Slaven Bilic might be a good candidate for us? I've loved his management and demeanor so far this season with West Ham, solid guy rarely gets flustered and got some good results at tough away games.

saivet

I've accepted he wil be here until at least the end of the season. No longer in a sad/angry state. Onwards and upwards.

SteveW

He's just a bad fit for this club. The board just needs to accept that and move on

Devil may care

Looks like we are unfortunately stuck with him, the board will wait until the wheels fall off completely before acting, just as they did with Moyes, leaving whoever is next the difficult rebuild without CL football.

ZDwyr

I don't even know what to think anymore. He obviously won't be going anywhere until the end of the season at least. I find his football absolutely awful to watch, I get no enjoyment from watching us play and am struggling to really care. But the last few matches has seen some improvement so maybe we shouldn't be so hasty.

Stretford End Phil

Actually 3 or 4 defenders, the 2 dmf's, supported by forwards and attacking midfielders. Indeed during the Swans attacks we often had 9 or 10 'defenders' scrambling to get the ball away. It was quite bizarre in the first half with Martial defending in some strange places given that he is a striker.

As to LVG's buzzwords, with Chelski and before today it was 'balance' which the squad plainly hasn't achieved. After today's game it was risk. In a week we've gone from resignation to balance to risk - it's simply incoherent and intended to deflect attention from the issues.

Today was a good performance and we won but Swansea threatened and at times we looked vulnerable. This victory no doubt raised morale in the dressing room but I still think it's a game-by-game scenario this month. We cannot afford to lose any games and we need to address the weaknesses in defence. It's still up hill until the end of the season.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Van Gaal using the word "risky" annoys me. Apparently, trying to score goals is "risky."

Moonred

Keep on winning. As much as swansea are relegation candidates, they are our bogey team and have been decent in the last few matches. Only a few weeks back, it took city a last minute winner to get all 3 points. Building confidence and rhythm is the key. I'll berate the mad man a bit later as today was just about fine.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Exciting times ahead.
Just another provocative piece imo.

• Louis van Gaal staying.
  • Giggs taking over.
  • Mention Woodward and Glazers.
  • Mention current form and imply that a win against Swansea is worthy of saving him.
  • Mention that Mourinho is available but we don't want him.
  • Mention that Pep is available but we're letting City have him.
  • Mention it's our first win in four against Swansea.
It's the journalistic, click-bait equivalent of painting by numbers.

How to subtly get United fans riled up in 500 words.m and all done in a passive aggressive tone that imply that they are just fairly reporting the news rather than accidentally poking their stick into an open wound.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Exciting times ahead.
This article makes me feel sick. Maybe the fans ought to be concerned about this obsession to make Giggs manager? Gary Neville who has much more about him has admitted in a Sky interview that he doesn't see management or coaching in his future - this after only a couple of games in charge of Valencia - and yet we want to give a rookie like Giggs the job?

The club is insane.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Just another provocative piece imo.

• Louis van Gaal staying.
  • Giggs taking over.
  • Mention Woodward and Glazers.
  • Mention current form and imply that a win against Swansea is worthy of saving him.
  • Mention that Mourinho is available but we don't want him.
  • Mention that Pep is available but we're letting City have him.
  • Mention it's our first win in four against Swansea.
It's the journalistic, click-bait equivalent of painting by numbers.

How to subtly get United fans riled up in 500 words.
Just saw your post after my panic stricken one:lol: Your interpretation of the piece has instantly cheered me up - let's hope it's correct...:)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Just saw your post after my panic stricken one:lol: Your interpretation of the piece has instantly cheered me up - let's hope it's correct...:)
Writing about United right now must be the easiest job in the world. You can literally follow Sam around this forum and write things that he gets flustered about from the angle that your inside sources have informed you of.

That particular article made me laugh because they're barely being subtle now. He's actually included about 10 different points. It's the equivalent of the Daily Mail having the headline:

Pot smoking immigrant Muslim teenager addicted to violent video games simultaneously causes cancer and cures diabetes but is he able to spot the early signs of dementia?

Status
Not open for further replies.