LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ken11

He said he preferred the first half to the second. I'm pretty sure I nearly fell asleep in the first half so can't imagine what he saw in it unless I missed a few things. He also said it was basically a 3-5-2 (or some version of that) in the first half, I'm not a fan of a new system each game. Surely it's easier to master a certain system than play 50 in a single match
Of course he preferred the first half when it was 0-0. Philosophy. He's probably going to yell at the team for scoring TWO goals.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I've just left the game and I'm as angry as I have been when we lose. I'm 99% certain that there's a large group of our players that either want him gone or don't believe in what he is telling them, because that was a pathetic performance in the first half. None of them looked like they could be arsed. Bet they're happy to pick up the millions of pounds they're getting between them this week.

On Van Gaal, I don't need to say anything. He's shit, end of.

JoaquinJoaquin

Nobody is happy but its probably the most realistic target. I just hope we fire him no later than the end of the season. Surely we can bring in Guardiola or Mourinho at this point in time.

Is our management so shite that we miss out on them both for a second time?!

Before people go on about having a longterm manager, lets not forget LVG has only one more year left after this. Then what!? Its ridiculous and we surely cannot miss out the chance to sign the top 2 managers in the world. We just cannot afford to. It could set us back another 3-5 years.
Agree with this. And yes I think our management IS that bad we will miss out on both Jose and Pep again.

We have some tough games still to go and playing like we have I cannot see LVG seeing the season out. I do think he will cling on a few more months though.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I'm as fickle as the next fan.

No point getting on van Gaal's back now anyway as he's clearly going nowhere, he needs support now.
But he didn't at half time? Now we've got the 3 points on the board there's no reason to get on his back...till we play like a sack of shit again next week, at which point 'its time for a new direction' again.

There's nothing wrong with being unhappy with what you're seeing from us. It's only a matter of time until we mess up again, we can all see that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But maybe the board's expectations needs to be higher than 4th place annually?
The NFL has a different dynamic and the Buccaneers failed to find the Franchise QB* that they need. Also they fired 3 head coaches since 2008.

Edit: *They are the only in their division without one, the others have Ryan, Brees and Newton.

R'hllor

Wont go gung ho at those wanting him out but to hear today those chanting name of that cnut during game...what a bunch of clowns.

Woodenlung

LvG quoted saying he thought the first half performance was better than the second.

Enigma_87

You know who
I'm as fickle as the next fan.

No point getting on van Gaal's back now anyway as he's clearly going nowhere, he needs support now.
I'd say we played 30 good minutes today with a full force squad against a relegation battler without a manager. And yet I feel a draw would have been the fair outcome given what the 2 sides created.

I'd say bring in Mourinho before we again start losing points and still have chance for top position this year.

What's the point really? We're playing Sheffield next which we will probably win. Then Newcastle and Liverpool away - both teams are playing better than us currently. It's more likely not to win either game. Then Soton and Stoke at home - we win another game and let's give him another vote of confidence. And when in March we're off top four and eliminated in FA cup and EL, let's sack him? What's the point? If we're to save somehow this season he needs to be removed now, not after we continue with the poor form...

Someone

Something
I still want him out but it doesn't matter now, if he manages to change things around in the next month, then by all means keep him, but we have some tricky fixtures in the league soon that could make or break or season.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I think the plan is Pep in the summer and we'll allow van Gaal to finish off the season, so I can see the point in not sacking him now.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I think its pretty much decided that we will stick with LVG (something I wanted).

Oddly enough, the horrific month of December 2015 might be the vital team bonding experience this new squad needed. They have this shared experience to fall back on. If they can go on a run of victories, it will bring them a lot closer together.

Sometimes,you need to bottom out before you can be truly successful.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
I suppose all football fans like to think their club is different to the rest for some reason.

Wouldn't it be just superbly, deliciously, arrogant if United sacked VG and gave out the official reason: Too boring.
Nothing about results, just pay him off and say why.

Fully Fledged

So the playe
LvG quoted saying he thought the first half performance was better than the second.
Yeah that was baffling. He also said they didn't have a chance in the first half. He needs to look up for his notepad more often.

The idea that the players had to ask him to play pressing football is rather sad. I'm glad they managed to get through to him. The thing is they should have to ask to be allowed to play football.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I've just left the game and I'm as angry as I have been when we lose. I'm 99% certain that there's a large group of our players that either want him gone or don't believe in what he is telling them, because that was a pathetic performance in the first half. None of them looked like they could be arsed. Bet they're happy to pick up the millions of pounds they're getting between them this week.

On Van Gaal, I don't need to say anything. He's shit, end of.
Interesting view. It's difficult to see from the telly our of the ball movements so your opinion counts. Please tell us more. Any specific player you have in mind?

Enigma_87

You know who
I think the plan is Pep in the summer and we'll allow van Gaal to finish off the season, so I can see the point in not sacking him now.
And that's a plan that will go tits up as soon as Pep goes to City (which is more likely than not).

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
That's what the majority of us are hoping i think. But the board must be damn sure Pep is a certainty if that's the case. Hoping he chooses us over City isn't good enough. I don't particularly want Mourinho but i'd take him over LvG for sure. If we don't get Pep/Mou in the summer then i'd be happy if we appointed Pochettino as i can't see Simeone moving for the forseeable future.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
How have we proved we can? 1 win out of 9 is not convincing yet, the first half was a prime example of the problems we have upfront, still for me the drought of lack of wins cannot be put under the rug. 0 wins out of 8 I do think will ultimately cost us the top 4
I'm an optimist and like to believe that we will find some kind of form now

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I don't get why people want 4th place to be the target? That was the bare minimum last year!!!
Expectations keep getting lower and lower, and the goalposts keep shifting.

Personally I wouldn't trust LVG with another penny in the transfer market.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd say we played 30 good minutes today with a full force squad against a relegation battler without a manager. And yet I feel a draw would have been the fair outcome given what the 2 sides created.

I'd say bring in Mourinho before we again start losing points and still have chance for top position this year.

What's the point really? We're playing Sheffield next which we will probably win. Then Newcastle and Liverpool away - both teams are playing better than us currently. It's more likely not to win either game. Then Soton and Stoke at home - we win another game and let's give him another vote of confidence. And when in March we're off top four and eliminated in FA cup and EL, let's sack him? What's the point? If we're to save somehow this season he needs to be removed now, not after we continue with the poor form...
The over reaction on here is just too excessive.

Despite not winning a game the entire month of December and forgetting how to score goals, we are still 5th and only 1 point behind 4th place team.

2 excellent transfers and a few more wins in January, and we'll be right in the mix again.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
That's what the majority of us are hoping i think. But the board must be damn sure Pep is a certainty if that's the case. Hoping he chooses us over City isn't good enough. I don't particularly want Mourinho but i'd take him over LvG for sure. If we don't get Pep/Mou in the summer then i'd be happy if we appointed Pochettino as i can't see Simeone moving for the forseeable future.
And that's a plan that will go tits up as soon as Pep goes to City (which is more likely than not).
Personally feel Pep would pick United over City, he's a romantic. Now if we don't get top four that could change...

Petr1

Clearly van Gaal has agreed to "alter" his philosophy to turn this around which is good. Probably have let Giggs get a word or two extra in the tactics/man management too. Hopefully things will turn now

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Clearly van Gaal has agreed to "alter" his philosophy to turn this around which is good. Probably have let Giggs get a word or two extra in the tactics/man management too. Hopefully things will turn now
The only thing that has changed is that we put the ball in the back of the net twice. It's a carbon copy of how we have been performing for a while.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
2 tweets that summarize why Van Gaal has to leave United and that his idea of football just doesn't belong at United:

Enigma_87

You know who

Despite not winning a game the entire month of December and forgetting how to score goals, we are still 5th and only 1 point behind 4th place team.

2 excellent transfers and a few more wins in January, and we'll be right in the mix again.
4 wins in 17 games with 14 goals scored. Worst league form compared to all teams in Prem before this game. 9 points behind top Arsenal and 7 points behind Leicester.

We're still 5th because we have a game more than Palace and we're 1 point behind 4th place team because 2 of them have one game in hand.

Talk about overreaction...

Who will be those 2 excellent transfers?

Shall we wait when we're 10 points off top four before we think again of sacking him?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

Over reaction? The others in the league also being shite doesn't excuse how bad we've been.

SqueakyWeasel

He left of his own accord to join Palace as the financial constraints and abuse of the fans pissed him off, plus most of his appearances as a player was at Palace.
Not to mention his house has always been down South … thought he might actually take the vacant Fulham job at one point when he was getting loads of crap off the Toon fans.

Hed Zitin

Never a United manager with opinions like that. The players really have been put on a leash.

I can't take anymore boring first halves.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
4 wins in 17 games with 14 goals scored. Worst league form compared to all teams in Prem before this game. 9 points behind top Arsenal and 7 points behind Leicester.

We're still 5th because we have a game more than Palace and we're 1 point behind 4th place team because 2 of them have one game in hand.

Talk about overreaction...

Who will be those 2 excellent transfers?

Shall we wait when we're 10 points off top four before we think again of sacking him?
We can keep on complaining, moaning, stomping .... but I think its clear the board will not sack him yet. And Im glad they are trying to ride out the crisis.

Is it not better spend your valuable energy being supportive and trying to find joy that way?

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
The players are clearly playing for him. Anyone suggesting they aren't trying is talking complete bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.