LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
What Cina said plus make a serious attempt to fix the squad in January and just throw some reasonable offers for players that might actually help get us higher to at least goddamn Leicester City in the table.

Anduin

What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why always so bloody negative? You make yourself look like spoilt plastic idiot fans
Rooney's brilliant winner pretty much covers a typical performance of our last couple of months... toothless upfront, lucky at the (leaky) back. We could've easily conceded again and we'd be talking no different here. Just because we won a game for the first time since November the issues largely remain the same. Nothing to do with being "spoilt plastic idiot fans".

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Rooney's brilliant winner pretty much covers a typical performance of our last couple of months... toothless upfront, lucky at the (leaky) back. We could've easily conceded again and we'd be talking no different here. Just because we won a game for the first time since November the issues largely remain the same. Nothing to do with being "spoilt plastic idiot fans".
We were not toothless and we created more chances than in the previous games. It was certainly an improvement albeit a small one. Also some of our players did a lot better than recently. There was more flow in our game, we were more direct and positive which is exactly what we need. I hope this win gives LVG and the lads some much needed confidence

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Would like him to turn it around. I remember being furious after the Norwich game and wanting him gone but as I calmed down my stance softened... I was angry again at half-time today and wanted new direction and new management but a win is a win and think we displayed what the philosophy can do in the second-half.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
When did that happen? We were as bad as ever in the first half and ended up scraping a home victory over a side who has no permanent manager and are two points above the relegation zone. Go us.
We improved but people just don't want to see it because they want LVG out. Once Swansea scored, we get going again and won the game, something we couldn't have done a couple of weeks ago. As I said, we played faster and more direct and both Young and Martial were brilliant. We're far away from perfect but if we continue to build on that things could get better for the 2nd half of the season

Devil81

He's not only staying, he's also being back in this January transfer window.

Anduin

We were not toothless and we created more chances than in the previous games. It was certainly an improvement albeit a small one. Also some of our players did a lot better than recently. There was more flow in our game, we were more direct and positive which is exactly what we need. I hope this win gives LVG and the lads some much needed confidence
We scored two really nice goals, but really, how many saves did Fabianski really need to make? Our first shot on target was in the 32nd minute FFS! I fail to see the improvement in our 'flow', while 'creating more chances than in the previous games' isn't really that hard when we basically created next to nothing since we beat Watford in November.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I don't get why people want 4th place to be the target? That was the bare minimum last year!!!

mu77

not LVG fan but that was better - had to be. looked more aggressive going forward.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
What the hell is wrong with you guys? Why always so bloody negative? You make yourself look like spoilt plastic idiot fans
Though i agree some of the responses here are a bit unfair, people are worried about the future.

There are two world class managers without a job, and LVG has not proved he is up for it. No better than Moyes in fact, despite having spent a shitload more than him

Oneunited26

We improved but people just don't want to see it because they want LVG out. Once Swansea scored, we get going again and won the game, something we couldn't have done a couple of weeks ago. As I said, we played faster and more direct and both Young and Martial were brilliant. We're far away from perfect but if we continue to build on that things could get better for the 2nd half of the season
The problem is? we got to go to spurs, city, liverpool, the dropped points against a terrible chelsea team, a city team missing the 2 most creative players in their team, the winnable games that were embarrassing, our lack of firepower is going to haunt us. I just do not see us making the top 4 with some tough games coming up, no win in 8 games will ultimately cost us the top 4, that is one game too many to claw back

justboy68

If he keeps his job to the end of the season because he keeps winning then that will do us just fine. But is that likely? We'd still have to improve massively. The only thing we can hope for is that we do improve. If not and we keep losing/ failing to score then he will be out on his arse eventually anyway (like most here I do think he should have gone already after the recent performances) so having mixed feelings about winning games never makes sense. Just enjoy the victories while we can.

One win at home will not buy him 4 more extra bad results. Not by a long shot.

Crustanoid

He's earned the right to lose another 4-5 consecutive games following the storming 0-0 vs Chelsea.
:lol: The funny thing is that's probably true! Woodward needs to grow some balls, if the rumours are true that he's refusing to sack LVG because that was his appointment and it will look bad on him, then it will look even worse when the owners have enough and the decision to sack him is taken out of woodward's hands.
He's now in a position where he'll be able to lose 10-12 consecutively before sacking becomes an option

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
The problem is? we got to go to spurs, city, liverpool, the dropped points against a terrible chelsea team, a city team missing the 2 most creative players in their team, the winnable games that were embarrassing, our lack of firepower is going to haunt us. I just do not see us making the top 4 with some tough games coming up, no win in 8 games will ultimately cost us the top 4, that is one game too many to claw back
If we focus on today's game, there was an improvement. Let's see if we continue that or if we fall behind. But as others said, he's gonna stay unless we can't make top 4.

DevilRed

I don't get why people want 4th place to be the target? That was the bare minimum last year!!!
Nobody is happy but its probably the most realistic target. I just hope we fire him no later than the end of the season. Surely we can bring in Guardiola or Mourinho at this point in time.

Is our management so shite that we miss out on them both for a second time?!

Before people go on about having a longterm manager, lets not forget LVG has only one more year left after this. Then what!? Its ridiculous and we surely cannot miss out the chance to sign the top 2 managers in the world. We just cannot afford to. It could set us back another 3-5 years.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We scored two really nice goals, but really, how many saves did Fabianski really need to make? Our first shot on target was in the 32nd minute FFS! I fail to see the improvement in our 'flow', while 'creating more chances than in the previous games' isn't really that hard when we basically created next to nothing since we beat Watford in November.
When we had the ball, we were much quicker and direct. We tried to exploit space and put them under pressure. We even tried some 1-2s and passes into the path of our players. It was not Barca or vintage United but much better than what we saw recently

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We can beat many of these teams. As I said, we were a bit better than we used to and maybe this will give the players some much needed confidence. It also looks like LVG saw where we struggled and is willing to change his system.

Devil81

I think Remi Garde could go before Van Gaal, I'd certainly be getting hot under the collar if I'd wagered a big figure.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Nobody is happy but its probably the most realistic target. I just hope we fire him no later than the end of the season. Surely we can bring in Guardiola or Mourinho at this point in time.

Is our management so shite that we miss out on them both for a second time?!

Before people go on about having a longterm manager, lets not forget LVG has only one more year left after this. Then what!? Its ridiculous and we surely cannot miss out the chance to sign the top 2 managers in the world. We just cannot afford to. It could set us back another 3-5 years.
It's only the most realistic target because we are playing so shite. We should be challenging for the league and it's only a few weeks ago we were top.

Enigma_87

You know who
A narrow win(and I really mean a narrow win as the score should be leveled given the last 10 mins). At home. Against a side in freefall without a manager (2 point off relegation zone).

I'm not sure it's a progress at all, just lucky to get the 3 points today.

Esquire

Though i agree some of the responses here are a bit unfair, people are worried about the future.

There are two world class managers without a job, and LVG has not proved he is up for it. No better than Moyes in fact, despite having spent a shitload more than him
You are right. I don't think people in the LVG out camp are spoilt fans. I don't understand what makes people think the comments are overly negative. Yes, we did win but anyone who actually watched the game will agree that we didn't play well overall. Much better performance than the past few games but the bar has been set so low. If we are perfectly frank we were not convincing today at all. So just because on the back of a draw with a very poor Chelsea and a win against relegation plagued Swansea we have turned the corner and LVG all of a sudden is a genius again? So far the evidence, 1 win in bloody 9 games, warrants a serious look at LVG if not sacking. If we string a few more wins together playing decent football then I'm sure a sh*tload of folks in the LVG out camp are more than happy to apologize. But until then, I think the LVG apologists need to keep quiet and hope their genius does in fact elicit a positive turnaround.

Drifter

American
Seemed very upbeat in the BBC interview. Not happy though with the lack of goals in the first half .

Oneunited26

We can beat many of these teams. As I said, we were a bit better than we used to and maybe this will give the players some much needed confidence. It also looks like LVG saw where we struggled and is willing to change his system.
How have we proved we can? 1 win out of 9 is not convincing yet, the first half was a prime example of the problems we have upfront, still for me the drought of lack of wins cannot be put under the rug. 0 wins out of 8 I do think will ultimately cost us the top 4

ken11

May or may not be relevant but here's Tampa Bay Buccaneers annual win/loss records in the NFL. Glazers have owned the team since 1995. Our board of directors are made out of many Glazers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_seasons

1 superbowl win in 2002, yes. TB had one of the greatest NFL defences from 1995 to early 2000s.

But look at the rest of the seasons afterwards. "4th" place is last place in their respective divisions btw.

I'll leave it to you all to make judgments of the kind of ppl running our board.

NessunDorma

A win is a win.

And perhaps this is the point where things to start improve. I hope so.

But our next two games in the league are Newcastle away and Liverpool away, followed by Southampton and Stoke at home, then Chelsea away.

That's a fairly difficult run of fixtures, so the pressure isn't off just yet.

rpitchfo

I think LVG might have told ed Woodward in the summer that if we didn't secure a massive striker (I.e muller) that we would need to temper our expectations until time as the squad was fit for purpose. I think the reason he's still in a job is because we weren't able to fulfil his player demands in the summer. We might get that chance in January!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Would like him to turn it around. I remember being furious after the Norwich game and wanting him gone but as I calmed down my stance softened... I was angry again at half-time today and wanted new direction and new management but a win is a win and think we displayed what the philosophy can do in the second-half.
Basically you're as kneejerk as they get.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
May or may not be relevant but here's Tampa Bay Buccaneers annual win/loss records in the NFL. Glazers have owned the team since 1995. Our board of directors are made out of many Glazers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tampa_Bay_Buccaneers_seasons

1 superbowl win in 2002, yes. TB had one of the greatest NFL defences from 1995 to early 2000s.

But look at the rest of the seasons afterwards. "4th" place is last place in their respective divisions btw.

I'll leave it to you all to make judgments of the kind of ppl running our board.
That's rather irrelevant as you said simply because the fact we sacked Moyes for bad league position.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I think LVG might have told ed Woodward in the summer that if we didn't secure a massive striker (I.e muller) that we would need to temper our expectations until time as the squad was fit for purpose. I think the reason he's still in a job is because we weren't able to fulfil his player demands in the summer. We might get that chance in January!
No fecking chance, unless you're a big fan of Lukaku or some other shitter like that.

LARulz

He said he preferred the first half to the second. I'm pretty sure I nearly fell asleep in the first half so can't imagine what he saw in it unless I missed a few things. He also said it was basically a 3-5-2 (or some version of that) in the first half, I'm not a fan of a new system each game. Surely it's easier to master a certain system than play 50 in a single match

Status
Not open for further replies.