LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tarjei2k

Why stop at SAF? I would in fact go further back and blame Sir Matt and Sir Bobby for the shite we are on. It is but obvious now. LVG's failings are because of the way the club, which has been the most dominant in English football for the last two and a half decades, is structured.
So your delightful sarcasm should be taken to imply that you don't agree that an unprecedented 25 year run as a one-man-club has left the organizational structure more or less exactly tailored to the methodology of Alex Ferguson? And that this fact has furthermore provided a major hurdle to his successors?

I'd say you're not even trying to view the bigger picture.

Edit: And the line between trying to point out a causal relation and blaming is not all that fine. The latter would be putting words in my mouth. More or less.

lem8sh

Well Blind has played in a lot of positions before he joined us including CB, LB and DM.

Young I will grant you but that will happen when 3 of your 4 fullbacks are injured.

Darmian was signed as a fullback who can cover both sides. Which he has done

Martial has played all but one game as either a left forward or striker. His positions.

Mata has played the same role his whole career.

Fellaini has played CM (which box he is closest to changes at times) all his career he just isn't very good.

Valencia is a much better fullback than he is winger and also better than Darmian at right back.

Herrera and Rooney covered a thin area last season.
Disagree absolutely and totally Pexbo. As much as Darmian is blunt offensively, Valencia is diabolical defensively and I'd much rather a right back that can defend first and foremost.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Disagree absolutely and totally Pexbo. As much as Darmian is blunt offensively, Valencia is diabolical defensively and I'd much rather a right back that can defend first and foremost.
It's just not true at all.

He was scapegoat last season with certain goals blamed on him by some that the majority agreed was nothing to do with him.

When it comes down to it he probably cost us two or three goals last year which is about normal for any right back over the season.

He's never had a game for us like Darmian had against Arsenal. I've seldom seen a worse defensive display from a fullback in his natural position in the Premier League. It wasn't his last either.

lem8sh

He was scapegoat last season with certain goals blamed on him by some that the majority agreed was nothing to do with him.

When it comes down to it he probably cost us two or three goals last year which is about normal for any right back over the season.

He's never had a game for us like Darmian had against Arsenal. I've seldom seen a worse defensive display from a fullback in his natural position in the Premier League. It wasn't his last either.
Opinions and all that. I won't disagree too much because I usually find myself in agreement with your musings.

Norris

Maybe Sir Alex was telling the truth when he said Moyes wasnt anywhere near our first choice.
Yeah, in a way I am relieved then. Coz we did go for the best managers at the time then. They either just said No or or already joined elsewhere. But if the Klopp story is true, does that make the Mourinho story true as well? That he was indeed offerred the job, but made a promise to Abrahmovic to rejoin Chelsea. I always thought it was bollocks coz I thought he desperately wanted the United Job.

RedPnutz

Not that I particularly care right now but, same thing happened when Moyes was here from what I recall. Same excuses were trotted out.

Although, even Hugh Hefner's stiffy went down when Moyes was in charge
Oh no doubt LVG has problems. Stock market's hardly his fault though. Not having a go at you, just saying that Twitter post is stretching, a lot.

NK86

So your delightful sarcasm should be taken to imply that you don't agree that an unprecedented 25 year run as a one-man-club has left the organizational structure more or less exactly tailored to the methodology of Alex Ferguson? And that this fact has furthermore provided a major hurdle to his successors?

I'd say you're not even trying to view the bigger picture.

Edit: And the line between trying to point out a causal relation and blaming is not all that fine. The latter would be putting words in my mouth. More or less.
What exactly is tailored in such a way that LVG is struggling? Please do let me know. This speculation is bloody boring. LVG changed our style of play to way more possession than during the Fergie years. This took him less than a year so what more proof do you need that such so called tailored structures don't exist.

Anyway, I don't understand you or anyone else trying to somehow claiming his failure is someone else's cause but not his. Why not simply see the fact for what it is? He is shite as a manager.

NK86

May not be in his natural position, but have you forgotten Valencia standing 10 yards behind everyone to nullify the offside trap for Wolfsburg first goal when we played them at home? Or the one where he stood stupidly against Everton while his winger ran forward to score by beating DDG 1 on 1. Or the gift he gave Arsenal last season when he got us knocked out of the FA cup.

That is just 3 off the top of my head. A little more digging will surely bring back a lot more or such instances. He was horrible in his positioning and was caught out a lot of times. Always way too narrow which led the flank get overloaded

Shamwow

listens to shit music & watches Mrs Brown's Boys
The old "I can think of three so there must be dozens more" argument.

C'est Moi Cantona

Today is the day, I think he could be sacked today.
You're dreaming, a heavy loss might just put him in mortal danger this coming week, but even then nothing would be guaranteed.

There is no way Liverpool are capable of inflicting too much damage on us anyway imo, I think the worst case scenario would be a tight one goal loss, or a draw, in which case he'll be fine, and hallelujah to that if the Giggs/Fergie rumour has any truth.

Needham

Take a look at this......

Telling me the Glazers will stand by him if this keeps up?
He will be sacked for an accumulation of reasons. Just seen the video of the press conference where he calls one journo fatman. They're laughing at him as he says it. Whether they're diabolical pricks or not, the loss of respect speaks volumes. LvG just isn't holding the whole thing together very well.

Tosicsleftpeg

Today is very important, we just have to win to keep pace with the clubs at the top. There are so many factors in play here, the awful form we've showed being one, league position and rivalry with Liverpool all contributing. If we are beaten and beaten well by Liverpool I just don't see how we can carry on with him at the helm.

A loss today and we are miles behind where we want to be and the clubs minimum expectations slip further from our grasp. We have to get into the champions league next season as if we continue a tend of not making it into that top bracket then it can become a problem in terms of mentality. Its tough at the top and at the moment we don't seem to have what it takes to make our way up there and stay there.

We've problems with our squad but I think it should easily be good enough to have won at least 3 or 4 more than we have this season in the league.

There is no clear way forward at this point I just want a win.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
We will smash em 4-1 today, you'll have to wait a little longer :wenger:

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
You're dreaming, a heavy loss might just put him in mortal danger this coming week, but even then nothing would be guaranteed.

There is no way Liverpool are capable of inflicting too much damage on us anyway imo, I think the worst case scenario would be a tight one goal loss, or a draw, in which case he'll be fine, and hallelujah to that if the Giggs/Fergie rumour has any truth.
I think the same thing...looking at our recent Anfield history, last decade or so, we never lose heavily at Anfield.

If there's a winner, it will be by a goal or two.

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Some people still think LVG should be given time - but what's the point when he's said he's going after next season? The very fact that he's made that declaration, means we should be looking now for a replacement. What is the point in missing out on a good manager, whoever he might be?

R'hllor

Is it true that LvG is now holding up the loan of Valdes to Newcastle? It's nothing personal though :lol: … this guy is a fruitcake! :wenger:
What if Newcastle wants him on loan but doesnt want to pay his wages during that period? Is it personal then,is he fruitcake then? I mean some :lol:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Liverpool hammered 4 past city and 3 past Arsenal. They're capable

arthurka

If he sets us up like Arsenal away we will be burried in the first 20 min. But that win or lose Van Gaal will get the boot.. So out of a defeat vs Liverpool might actually come something good, one can only hope..

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
A loss could tip him over the edge today. Would almost be better than a draw.

Enigma_87

You know who
He won against Swansea and Sheffield, he won't be sacked anytime soon. He can lose the next 3 games then bounce back at home to Stoke with a narrow win that will get him another couple of games... I've given up on the idea he'll be sacked before the end of the season(or we are out of contention for both league and cups).

acnumber9

What if Newcastle wants him on loan but doesnt want to pay his wages during that period? Is it personal then,is he fruitcake then? I mean some :lol:
He's getting paid to do feck all now so what difference would it make?

Shark

@NotShark
The club should just check this tenure off as another failed experiment and get him the feck out ASAP. We couldn't do any worse with no manger at all. We're pathetically shite under this man.

Status
Not open for further replies.