LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheldon69

Honestly don't know where we are heading under him. We've even seemed to abandoned the possession game. It's all about long balls to Rooney and Fellaini now.

I'm not sure what he wants to do with this team anymore. Does he even know? We look like a team completely without a plan.
And the ddg kicking out the hands up field to Rooney .
Wheres that ploy come from ?

LARulz

I suppose he doesn't want to say
"my word we could have lost by 3 goals if De Gea hadn't been a legend", as it'll only make him sound a poor manager.

Also, I think he has an odd mix in thinking, where he expects us to score every chance, but doesn't think many chances should be scored v us.
I agree about chances vs us etc. It's just a small but annoying thing I find with his interviews. In the Arsenal vs Newcastle game Cech made a few big saves but Wenger had no problems praising him for saving points/giving them a chance to win. I don't get why Van Gaal tends to struggle with just coming out and saying "yes he kept us in the game with a couple vital saves and saved us points, thankfully his saves didn't go to waste etc.". It's not hard at all

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And the ddg kicking out the hands up field to Rooney .
Wheres that ploy come from ?
Today, it probably made sense to play less intricate little short balls, as players like Milner and Henderson as fairly limited as they are, are dogs who can press for 90.
Take out the short passes, and you take out their gameplan, is no doubt the theory.

Pumping it down field straight into their keeper's arms, having spent 5mins trying to get it back wasn't fun to watch though

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Don't think he's the man for us but credit where it's due, he's managed to get results in the big games.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
And all the best players in our spine are players who were already at the club. So if he's building that for the future he's shite at it too. He's built feck all so far and the problems that you seem to think are hampering him are mostly of his own doing.
Your just on it arnt you. You will take any weakness an attribute it to van gaal.

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal
On form smalling - after van gaal
On form young ( better player than he ever was) - after van gaal
Memphis is getting better wvery game- van gaal
Rooney is undisputed nunber 1 atm - because of van gaal.
Scneirdlin- been disappointed by his attacking abiliry but defensively he makes us better - van gaal
Schweinsteiger- always better on the field & experienced enough - van gaal

Wtf are you seeing that im not?

Never mind lingard, Borthwick jackson, periera, Mcnair all have progressed because of him, some who really wouldn't have had a chance befoere.

Cina

Your just on it arnt you. You will take any weakness an attribute it to van gaal.

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal
Scneirdlin- been disappointed by his attacking abiliry but defensively he makes us better - van gaal

Never mind lingard, Borthwick jackson, periera, Mcnair all have progressed because of him, some who really wouldn't have had a chance befoere.
Have you ever heard of punctuation?

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
LvG's philosophy will work in the long run. You saw it today. Must be given a contract extension IMHO.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Don't think we dealt with the pressing too well and they should have punished us but considering our thin midfield, the approach was right. Arsenal got into a slugfest here last week and came away with only 1 point. Do that against a bottom half side at home, though, and any goodwill from today gets destroyed.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Credit to him for making better use of Fellaini today. He should still go, obviously

Stringer

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal

Jesus, that list is desperate stuff.

Martial - Fair enough but the fact we are relying on a 19 year old tells it's own story.
Shaw - He had been targeted long before Van Gaal was even mentioned in connection with the United job.
Herrera - Another player that United were after before Van Gaal joined. He has also misused him throughout his tenure.
Blind - Good squad player. Shouldn't be starting at centre back though.
Smalling - Yes, he's one of the few positives so Van Gaal deserves credit.
Young - He has improved but still isn't good enough. Can't blame Van Gaal for that though.
Memphis - He's had two decent cameos after being awful up to about Christmas. Hardly a convincing argument for a player we spent £25 million on.
Rooney - :lol:
Schneiderlin - Decent, nothing more.
Schweinsteiger - Good buy but has hardly blown anyone away with his performances.

acnumber9

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal

Martial was a good signing. Luke Shaw was coming to Utd regardless. Our keeper was already here. Our best defender was already here and blossomed due to staying fit. Carrick is still our best midfielder and if you're really attributing Rooney's current form as due to Van Gaal then you do yourself no favours. Rooney is number one because Van Gaal sold all his competition. Depay has been shite. Any improvement has been from atrocious to slightly less atrocious. If you want to credit players progression under Van Gaal then you have to give him criticism for the awful performances of the players he's got nowhere near the best from.

Ultimately we're weaker up front, out wide and in defensive numbers. Van Gaal's squad building for you. One minute you're saying the youngsters are holding us back the next the manager deserves praise for how well they're doing. Make up your mind.

acnumber9

Jesus, that list is desperate stuff.

Martial - Fair enough but the fact we are relying on a 19 year old tells it's own story.
Shaw - He had been targeted long before Van Gaal was even mentioned in connection with the United job.
Herrera - Another player that United were after before Van Gaal joined. He has also misused him throughout his tenure.
Blind - Good squad player. Shouldn't be starting at centre back though.
Smalling - Yes, he's one of the few positives so Van Gaal deserves credit.
Young - He has improved but still isn't good enough. Can't blame Van Gaal for that though.
Memphis - He's had two decent cameos after being awful up to about Christmas. Hardly a convincing argument for a player we spent £25 million on.
Rooney - :lol:
Schneiderlin - Decent, nothing more.
Schweinsteiger - Good buy but has hardly blown anyone away with his performances.
That list also conveniently ignores the keepers he bought, the ones w signed and sold and Darmian and Rojo.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal

Say what?

Martial - van Gaal deserves a lot of credit for this.
Shaw - been injured all the time.
Herrera - been poor most of the time, here.
Blind - van Gaal made a really good signing here.
Smalling - no. He got over his injury issues.
Young - he's so average.
Memphis - he's been woeful.
Rooney - rubbish.
Morgan - yes, van Gaal deserves credit here.
BFS - he's been quite poor.

RedStarUnited

Crazy thing is, as bad as it has been, He can still turn the season around. There is around 4 and a half months worth of football. A lot can happen in a month let alone 4 months.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Crazy thing is, as bad as it has been, He can still turn the season around. There is around 4 and a half months worth of football. A lot can happen in a month let alone 4 months.
Dare I say, if we win the four fixtures against the four above us, you just never know...

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal

The only players there who have been slightly better than average are Martial and Shaw. Even Herrera isn't doing much at the moment.
Smalling isn't anything to do with LVG.

I'm not even saying they're bang average players, which should say something in itself about LVG.

Amethyst

It's banter lads, inn't?
Ultimately we're weaker up front, out wide and in defensive numbers. Van Gaal's squad building for you. One minute you're saying the youngsters are holding us back the next the manager deserves praise for how well they're doing. Make up your mind.
Van Gaal's handling of the squad in terms of balance and depth has been one of his biggest mistakes and it's something that could continue to hurt us beyond his tenure. There's a reason why we never had such a ridiculous player turnover under Ferguson. Even when we had poorer squad and a few years where didn't really challenge in that 2003-2006 period you never saw us get of get rid of ≈18 players in two seasons, bringing in 12 and cutting the squad.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Like I've said countless times, he's still our best bet for top 4 this season. We should part ways in the summer.

RedStarUnited

Dare I say, if we win the four fixtures against the four above us, you just never know...
It is nuts when you consider that we would have been 3 points behind Arsenal (right now) had we won vs Newcastle the other day. Win 3/4 games in a row in this league and you are back in the mix again for the title.

Its probably that kind of thinking that's annoys us the most, we should be in the mix.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
If that was true the criticism would have been considerably less in december than in octobre.
For me at least, i no longer feel as excited as i used to before a game, and that has everything to do about our rubbish football.

At the start of the season i thought it was teething issues, bedding in the new players, Rooney being a spent force etc. Turns out, it is not, and its mostly down to our tactics.

The fact that Van Gaal also takes no responsibility and talk absolute bollocks in his interviews has pushed me further into the "out camp" as the season has progressed

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
That list also conveniently ignores the keepers he bought, the ones w signed and sold and Darmian and Rojo.
Thats because they have not done well =/

Convenient lol.

All these butt hurt anti LVG brigade.

And shaw was targeted but LVG still could have decided yes or no as he did with herrera. If people saying herrera hasn't been all that great & attribute that to LVG then the same can be done to shaw. Who also happens to be a chelsea supporter at the time where they were stronger than us.

Blind is fantastic, how anyone can call him a squad player when he starts every game, takes our corners & provides everything that smalling would struggle with etc. How is he a freaking squad player lol.

Also smalling has been fantastic under van gaal if you attribute his rise completely away from LVG then, somw of you need to stop playing fifa & think every player is bound to some potential.

Sorry to piss you guys off - il go back to the anyone believe in LVG anymore thread.

Sorry for my punctuation- im on my phone.

C'est Moi Cantona

Thats because they have not done well =/

Convenient lol.

All these butt hurt anti LVG brigade.

And shaw was targeted but LVG still could have decided yes or no as he did with herrera. If people saying herrera hasn't been all that great & attribute that to LVG then the same can be done to shaw. Who also happens to be a chelsea supporter at the time where they were stronger than us.

Blind is fantastic, how anyone can call him a squad player when he starts every game, takes our corners & provides everything that smalling would struggle with etc. How is he a freaking squad player lol.

Also smalling has been fantastic under van gaal if you attribute his rise completely away from LVG then, somw of you need to stop playing fifa & think every player is bound to some potential.

Sorry to piss you guys off - il go back to the anyone believe in LVG anymore thread.

Sorry for my punctuation- im on my phone.
All boils down to what we are all having to watch, and that I'm sure even you can't be happy with.

FujiVice

Cant believe we are only 7 points behind Arsenal. If I had any faith in the manager I'd be quietly confident we'd put a run together and win this. Especially with Arsenal, City, Leicester and Spurs ahead of us. Shame really.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
All boils down to what we are all having to watch, and that I'm sure even you can't be happy with.
Im not happy with it but this isnt a full LVG team by any standard. Anyone who knows his teams & his influence knows what players need replacing. TBH theres no need to replace but just add.

There's alot of expectations on this team (rightly so) but we are trying to play like an organised team without an organised squad.

Rossa

What is wrong with this guy in the media? He tries to be clever, but if I were DDG, I would be fuming with LVG's comments. He should be praising him for being able to make those saves WITHOUT having much to do otherwise. Ridiculous man management in the media. Also, why say that Lingard is slow and Young is no Ronaldo? What is he going to achieve with spouting sh*t like that? Even after a win he gets me mad.

foolsgold

7 pts from 9, other results have gone his way again this weekend.

We're back in the title race, 7pts is nothing at this stage of the season.

Like it or not, he's weathered the storm and is here for the season now.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything

Martial - van gaal
Shaw- van gaal
Herrera- van gaal
Blind - van gaal

Manchester United, poor = LvG

Dr Fink

Ha ha ha, someone mentioned Utd in the title race. I think not. There is no corner that has been turned. We will continue to play this bland keep-ball. I really want him out with a passion.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
7 points off the top. If we can use this win to get into something resembling good form then the title is there for the taking.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
7 points off the top. If we can use this win to get into something resembling good form then the title is there for the taking.
I'm that close to being optimistic again but I know Louie is a stuborn f#ck and we may very soon get back into old way of dealing with things but for the time being why not being slightly less depressed.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
I'm that close to being optimistic again but I know Louie is a stuborn f#ck and we may very soon get back into old way of dealing with things but for the time being why not being slightly less depressed.
I'm feeling great after the game today!

It's clear though that the players are still very much behind LVG so that's a big plus in my eyes. Just need to string a 4 or 5 wins in the trot and we'll be within touching distance!

Status
Not open for further replies.