LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Santiago_KinderBueno

Santiago Kinder Bannedo
Yeah because Mata and Fellaini were the problem. They were among our best performers today and both contribute to our goal. Smalling was once again our best defender, De Gea man of the match and Rooney the goal scorer. Meanwhile the wort performers were Schneiderlin and Darmian. Comfortably so at that. It was also Van Gaal's choice to leave the squad so light necessitating the young players. How do you know what Woodward has done in this window?
The team cant be built around fellaini or mata though. To get the best out the team you need to build around the spine.

Im one of the only supporters that doesnt harp on abiut fellaini & i think he should stay at this club because he gives us a different alternative. Mata on tge right is never going to work full term.

My quote was in reference to builsing for the future btw not now.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I'm not sure about what you are trying to say. When we play well and lose people are disappointed but they know that you can't win every games and that sometimes luck isn't on your side. Our current problem is that we don't play well and that it means that we will often lose or draw.
I'm just pointing out that no matter the result, or the reason for the result, people will chalk it up to whatever they feel like chalking it up to. If we win, well we were shit and didn't deserve it and it was a fluke and LVG out. If we lose and the other team fluked it, well we might have been the better team but we lost so LVG out. If we draw and don't concede for 10 games, LVG out. If we win 9-0, well it was only AFC Whocares so LVG out.

I'm just happy we got 3 points. That's a positive.

LARulz

Why does he refuse to praise De Gea in his interviews? The man should be sucking him off daily for keeping him in a job for so long

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Honestly don't know where we are heading under him. We've even seemed to abandoned the possession game. It's all about long balls to Rooney and Fellaini now.

I'm not sure what he wants to do with this team anymore. Does he even know? We look like a team completely without a plan.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I'm just pointing out that no matter the result, or the reason for the result, people will chalk it up to whatever they feel like chalking it up to. If we win, well we were shit and didn't deserve it and it was a fluke and LVG out. If we lose and the other team fluked it, well we might have been the better team but we lost so LVG out. If we draw and don't concede for 10 games, LVG out. If we win 9-0, well it was only AFC Whocares so LVG out.

I'm happy we won but the performance worries me, is that an awful state of mind?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Absolute crap. We looked terrible out there. We didn't create a chance for 75 mins.

The win masks it. It deserved to be 0-0. LVG is still awful.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
He really should start playing the lottery, more often. I mean, how can someone be so shit at their job, but still be so far away from getting sacked?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Why does he refuse to praise De Gea in his interviews? The man should be sucking him off daily for keeping him in a job for so long
I dunno, maybe something relating to him being desperate to leave in the summer, being a completed bit of paperwork away from it happening, and not being able to get his "Head right" meaning we had to bench him for 6-7 games early on?

It's funny how De Gea doesn't seem to embitter any annoyance for such behaviour from our fans yet Rooney does. Even though he came a lot closer to leaving than Rooney ever did.
Similar with Ronaldo I guess, we're sympathetic to the "dream club" line

C'est Moi Cantona

Just get us to the end of the season, hopefully with CL football, then on your way Louis.

He's pain the neck, but it is the best way forward now imo.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Absolute crap. We looked terrible out there. We didn't create a chance for 75 mins.

The win masks it. It deserved to be 0-0. LVG is still awful.
He really should start playing the lottery, more often. I mean, how can someone be so shit at their job, but still be so far away from getting sacked?
:lol:

You two sound especially gutted

Zarlak

I dunno, maybe something relating to him being desperate to leave in the summer, being a completed bit of paperwork away from it happening, and not being able to get his "Head right" meaning we had to bench him for 6-7 games early on?

It's funny how De Gea doesn't seem to embitter any annoyance for such behaviour from our fans yet Rooney does. Even though he came a lot closer to leaving than Rooney ever did.
De Gea wanted to leave because he wanted to play for RM I thought. He handled the whole thing with dignity, even after having his move snubbed he acted like a professional. Rooney held the club to ransom over a new contract. There is a difference IMO and even the fans quickly got back on Rooney's side when he started scoring again. On top of that De Gea has been great and Rooney was shite for the first half of the season. I guess it's easier for people to like you when you're performing.

Stringer

How many times have we really been the better team this season? Dominating possession doesn't suffice. Even when the results were decent at the start of the season, the matches were very close and could have went either way.

MoskvaRed

Smash n'grab at Anfield is always enjoyable but it's increasingly hard to maintain the pretence that LVG is implementing some master plan. Today was pure opportunism, assisted by the world's best keeper. We are scrapping to earn fourth, nothing more, nothing less.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
De Gea wanted to leave because he wanted to play for RM I thought. He handled the whole thing with dignity, even after having his move snubbed he acted like a professional. Rooney held the club to ransom over a new contract. There is a difference IMO and even the fans quickly got back on Rooney's side when he started scoring again. On top of that De Gea has been great and Rooney was shite for the first half of the season. I guess it's easier for people to like you when you're performing.
Yep granted, and I don't hold any disdain to him either, so was just musing how unusual that is.

The summer will be very interesting. Only the most naïve fan thinks that contract was anything but a marriage of convenience, but with Madrid's seeming childlike "I want, I must have now" mentality, you wonder if they will want him next summer for starters. And obviously whether they'll be allowed him with their ban!

LARulz

He hardly praised him last year either which is why I was definitely not surprised he wanted to leave if his own manager overlooks everything he does (assuming Van Gaal in private didn't really praise him then either).

Also it shouldn't matter if we got lucky he's still here, he's saved us way more points than we'd have hoped needed saving. If your player continuously wins you points with telling contributions you give credit where it's due. He seems more hell bent on praising players who play averagely on a regular basis

Di Maria's angel

Not at all, I can understand that. It just amuses me the ease in which people pile on the blame and the reluctance at which people will give even the slightest credit to someone they don't like.
After that performance, what possible credit does van Gaal deserve? It was another terrible performance, where we our goal was the only shot we had on target. Even after the goal, when Liverpool were trying to get a late equaliser, we looked terrible trying to counter. I really don't know what to praise him for?

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

While that is true, most of the criticism of Van Gaal is based on the terrible attacking football, not the poor results, and this game changes nothing. Don't get me wrong, im always happy when we beat that lot, but that was some dreadful football on show.

The thing that bother me most is how our play has regressed under Van Gaal. When he first came here, we actually produced some decent football, but it has gotten progressively worse to the point where we barely create any chances. It just makes me wonder what the feck they are doing in training, because it seems any attacking instinct and desire has been driven from the entire team

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best

On David De Gea's clean sheet: "I don’t know how many saves he did but I think it was too much. He is always playing at a certain level, which is amazing, but I was very pleased with the way we kept our score because against Newcastle United we have given a score away two times."

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Not at all, I can understand that. It just amuses me the ease in which people pile on the blame and the reluctance at which people will give even the slightest credit to someone they don't like.
But today there is nothing to credit LVG for, we were bad. He deserved credit for our performance against City, the organization was spot on we didn't won but it was a good collective performance, today we won but it was a bad collective performance.

Stringer

That doesn't alter what I said though.
You're basically saying that people have an agenda against Van Gaal and I asked for an example to back that statement up? As far as I can see, we have played poorly for nearly the entire season and have now run out of the luck we were getting at the beginning of it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
But today there is nothing to credit LVG for, we were bad. He deserved credit for our performance against City, the organization was spot on we didn't won but it was a good collective performance, today we won but it was a bad collective performance.
Exactly. LVG's tactics didn't win us that game. LVG's tactics barely kept it level, which sums him up.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Everyone celebrates the goal and he immediately writes something down. What on earth could he be writing at a time like that? Really odd
I dont see anything odd in that at all, maybe he saw something in the lead up or setup that could be relayed to the players at training or maybe its reinforcing a point or training exercise. Some people will whine about the most bizarre things....

Zarlak

After that performance, what possible credit does van Gaal deserve? It was another terrible performance, where we our goal was the only shot we had on target. Even after the goal, when Liverpool were trying to get a late equaliser, we looked terrible trying to counter. I really don't know what to praise him for?
I don't believe I said he deserved praise today? I simply made an observation. For example, had the teams been switched around today, don't even try to tell me you'd be praising LVG and saying that we were unfortunate. Because you wouldn't have been. My point was that people make excuses when we win, and they lay on all the blame when we don't win but deserved to win.

Steven Seagull

I dont see anything odd in that at all, maybe he saw something in the lead up or setup that could be relayed to the players at training or maybe its reinforcing a point or training exercise. Some people will whine about the most bizarre things....
I'm not whining at all. Just an odd time to write it down literally as everyone else jumps up in the air

Di Maria's angel

I don't believe I said he deserved praise today? I simply made an observation. For example, had the teams been switched around today, don't even try to tell me you'd be praising LVG and saying that we were unfortunate. Because you wouldn't have been. My point was that people make excuses when we win, and they lay on all the blame when we don't win but deserved to win.
Fair enough. I felt both teams were garbage. So, I won't be going around saying we didn't deserve to win as neither did Liverpool.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He hardly praised him last year either which is why I was definitely not surprised he wanted to leave if his own manager overlooks everything he does (assuming Van Gaal in private didn't really praise him then either).

Also it shouldn't matter if we got lucky he's still here, he's saved us way more points than we'd have hoped needed saving. If your player continuously wins you points with telling contributions you give credit where it's due. He seems more hell bent on praising players who play averagely on a regular basis
I suppose he doesn't want to say
"my word we could have lost by 3 goals if De Gea hadn't been a legend", as it'll only make him sound a poor manager.

Also, I think he has an odd mix in thinking, where he expects us to score every chance, but doesn't think many chances should be scored v us.

LARulz

On David De Gea's clean sheet: "I don’t know how many saves he did but I think it was too much. He is always playing at a certain level, which is amazing, but I was very pleased with the way we kept our score because against Newcastle United we have given a score away two times."
He also before said : I don’t think David de Gea has done very much, two or three balls he has to stop, a goalkeeper has to do that. He is playing very good but you can not say he was a fantastic, marvelous goalkeeper today.

Maybe his expectations are too high for goalkeepers but every manager would say their goalkeeper was fantastic after saving several shots and setting up a couple counters we tend to naturally throw away

acnumber9

The team cant be built around fellaini or mata though. To get the best out the team you need to build around the spine.

Im one of the only supporters that doesnt harp on abiut fellaini & i think he should stay at this club because he gives us a different alternative. Mata on tge right is never going to work full term.

My quote was in reference to builsing for the future btw not now.
And all the best players in our spine are players who were already at the club. So if he's building that for the future he's shite at it too. He's built feck all so far and the problems that you seem to think are hampering him are mostly of his own doing.

Zarlak

I'm not whining at all. Just an odd time to write it down literally as everyone else jumps up in the air
If he had jumped in the air there would be posts in here saying 'look at him, celebrating because he knows he's clinging on to his job by his fingernails, bet he's relieved that he's still getting paid next month, not that his team are winning'.

I'd be interested to see what he did write down though, maybe it's meme worthy like the 'Shoot!' gif.

Dr. Funkenstein

Not CAF Geert Wilders
While that is true, most of the criticism of Van Gaal is based on the terrible attacking football, not the poor results, and this game changes nothing.
If that was true the criticism would have been considerably less in december than in octobre.

Moonred

I'll give him some credit. It was an away game at Anfield and we have been horrific of late. Klopp is a good coach and the midweek match showed how much of a nervous wreck we are. In isolation, this was fine. Also Liverpool have done well against some of the top sides. It was quite bad at times of the match but a lot of liverpool's effort was just efforts and we rode our GK's brilliance who is also part of our team just like if we had decent wingers or attacking midfielders.

C'est Moi Cantona

This is true, we are not progressing at all with our general play, but today was a lucky day, and I'm happy to take that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.