LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbie Boy

I was never abusive lad, I said your hypothetical was shit not you. Don't get all sensitive on me now. I made my point and you just weren't able to understand it and that's okay.
Think you were the one lacking a point and calling other people's points shit as you clearly quoted me and regretted it as y'know, you had no point and still don't. I made an innocuous hypothetical scenario which greatly offended you. I still stand by it by the way.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
As others have rightly pointed out, much of what is written on here at the moment has to be seen in a certain light: It's not simply a matter of hating LVG and wanting him sacked at any cost. Sure, we have our share of entitled/impatient/foolish/childish fans who would no doubt be kicking and screaming regardless of the circumstances, but this is neither here nor there. All big clubs have fans like that.

What this is mainly about, however, is that a huge amount of United fans lack confidence in the club's decision makers. LVG isn't the main concern for many of those fans. They're much more worried about what the people behind him are up to. Standing by the manager isn't the worst approach you can take, as a fan, but it becomes complicated if you have serious doubts about his employers. Standing by the owners is a very different concept, and something which probably comes far less naturally to most fans.

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
He is so going to be here next year....And then, we all know who takes over...

Hilarious thing is, as others have pointed out, Mourinho is as close to a Fergie type manager as you'll see

ravi2

Hilarious thing is, as others have pointed out, Mourinho is as close to a Fergie type manager as you'll see

I am pretty sure he isnt going to be here next year.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
He's already lowered the expectations to ridiculous levels. He could lose 10 games in a row and when we win the 11th, he'd go on and on about progress, how the fans should be delighted and other bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I'm desperate for us to win the FA Cup and don't really think about what it'd mean regarding Van Gaal's future at the club, but the man is fecking cancer and is acting as if we're some midtable club that should be making DVDs about every single win.

I wish he'd just feck off so we wouldn't have to listen to "shall be difficult" and the rest of his small time garbage.

Sad Chris

Come on guys, I'm sure Ed is just waiting for us to crack the 1000 mark. As soon as 21 more of us vote for him to be sacked now, he'll be gone.

Sad Chris

I feel sure that there is no way he would be allowed to continue, perhaps we can make a bet involving some sort of name change here?
I request to change my name to Happy Chris if Louis goes, or to Very Sad Chris if he stays. Or are you talking about changing the name on .Rossi's house deed to yours?

sunama

Baghdad Bob
If VanBallbag wins the FA cup, also leads us to a late surge up the league and makes us champions, formulates a cure for cancer on his matchday notepad, and devises a sustainable plan to solve all famine in the world, I still hope he gets sacked!!!
DAMN!!!!

Robbie Boy

I fully believe he'll be here next season too.

Art Vandelay

I've gone from Red Rossi to Period Rossi to .Rossi.

Not really sure where we could go from there tbf
You could end up getting called Period.

I've a terrible feeling he's going to be here next season and it will be the same thing again. Surely the board see he's worn out his welcome with his small time negative bullshit, brain dead squad management and bizarre decisions.

Red-Jeff

Think you were the one lacking a point and calling other people's points shit as you clearly quoted me and regretted it as y'know, you had no point and still don't. I made an innocuous hypothetical scenario which greatly offended you. I still stand by it by the way.
My point was that it is ridiculous to make up hypotheticals in which you would hope United lose, almost as bad as actively hoping United lose. I haven't been offended at all and I definitely do not regret criticising your foolish hypothetical situation.

Someone

Something
This man has drained any life and character out of this team, don't think i can stand the sight of him anymore.

Scorpy

Interesting article from Simon Stone. The main lines:

- Van Gaal thinks he could be allowed to finish his contract.
- Mourinho has told friends and associates that he has a verbal agreement with United, but no contract has been signed yet.
- The club is likely to speak to Mourinho in the near future.
- Charlton and Ferguson want Giggs as manager and the players would prefer Giggs over Mourinho as well.
- Woodward knows his reputation would take a blow if he sacks Van Gaal as he's taken responsibility for his appointment and they have a good relationship as well.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/3...bc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
In any other top club in the world - LVG would have been gone by now.
Ever since Fergie and Gill left, we're being run by idiots who continue to dig us deeper in our graves.

El Zoido

This Giggs nonsense is doing my head in. Can we please just hire him already so we can get his inevitable failure out of the way sooner rather than later.

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst

- Mourinho has told friends and associates that he has a verbal agreement with United, but no contract has been signed yet.
- Charlton and Ferguson want Giggs as manager and the players would prefer Giggs over Mourinho as well.
- Woodward knows his reputation would take a blow if he sacks Van Gaal as he's taken responsibility for his appointment and they have a good relationship as well.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/3...bc_sport&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport
That's pretty interesting if true.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
the players would prefer Giggs over Mourinho as well.
I bet they would. God forbid any of them challenge themselves...
And it's patently obvious which of those players most want Giggs, and the easy life.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I bet they would. God forbid any of them challenge themselves...
And it's patently obvious which of those players most want Giggs, and the easy life.
Exactly Steve. Not gonna win anything with that attitude. As I said on the Giggs thread - I hope nobody listens to them - they are not managers and most importantly not in charge.

SteveJ

Scout
Exactly Steve. Not gonna win anything with that attitude. As I said on the Giggs thread - I hope nobody listens to them - they are not managers and most importantly not in charge.
Complacency and parochialism is killing this club by inches, mate. Besides, I believe the club is desperate to avoid being obliged to appoint Mourinho.

Jazz

Complacency and parochialism is killing this club by inches, mate. Besides, I believe the club is desperate to avoid being obliged to appoint Mourinho.
This.

The only way they will come to their senses is when the sponsors start getting restless. If they continue like this, that scenario won't be too far off.

Devil may care

I'd rather see the back of Giggs than LvG, he's just slithering around waiting to be handed the keys to the kingdom with absolutely no credentials.

SteveJ

Scout
This.

The only way they will come to their senses is when the sponsors start getting restless. If they continue like this, that scenario won't be too far off.
That's it. I feel that (losing) money is the only language this lot understand.

Mister_Stubbs

I'm sick to death of this Ryan Giggs bollocks. If the club are that intent on seeing us fail just get it over and done with. If we ignore a serial winning manager like Jose again this time for some bloke who'll look like some kid on work experience then the club deserve every bit of shit coming our way.

Jazz

See I don't understand that. LVG was probably the right choice at that moment in time. Nobody anticipated it would be this bad. Woody made an at the time sound decision, so what's he got to feel bad about? It's business. Surely he'd look more incompetent by sticking with LVg after this season ends? Those board members puzzle me.

SteveJ

Scout
Can anyone imagine Giggs being able to dramatically change things on the fly in a match, like Guardiola habitually does or Mourinho does when necessary? No - it's more likely that he and his mates/staff will be busy looking for a lost team-sheet. And if that sounds harsh, what do you expect when it seems he can't even 'manage' Depay, let alone one of the world's major clubs?

Scorpy

All of these egos at the club will ruin us - Woodward's, Ferguson's, Charlton's and some of the player's as well. Seems like they all want what's best for them and not for the club.

Art Vandelay

I find it hard to object to Giggs at the minute. Then again I'd find it hard to object to a turd wearing a tiny tie and glasses as long as LVG is gone.

Mister_Stubbs

All of these egos at the club will ruin us - Woodward's, Ferguson's, Charlton's and some of the player's as well. Seems like they all want what's best for them and not for the club.
I'm in favour of having people in and around the club who have the clubs best interests at heart and of course ties (like that of these guys mentioned) have but at the same time would it be the worst thing in the world if they were all just told to just leave now.

Jazz

Can anyone imagine Giggs being able to dramatically change things on the fly in a match, like Guardiola habitually does or Mourinho does when necessary? No - it's more likely that he and his mates/staff will be busy looking for a lost team-sheet. And if that sounds harsh, what do you expect when it seems he can't even 'manage' Depay, let alone one of the world's major clubs?
Could have told that lot at Carrington that Giggs was not the ideal person for Memphis. The kid is from a complicated background - Ryan has no life experience outside of United, exactly how did anyone expect him to get through to someone like that?

He also couldn't inspire Januzaj either, and by all accounts he really liked and rated Adnan.

Management in football is not just about learning tactics etc, it's about how you deal with people and how you get the best out of them. Frankly, Ryan seems too insular to be able to pull that off. And again - no life experience outside of United.

Oneunited26

Ferguson and his former players are summed up like this, just has a few said on Twitter. They are so obsessed having Giggs in charge, they willing to gamble just like the mess we got in with Moyes

spwd

He's already lowered the expectations to ridiculous levels. He could lose 10 games in a row and when we win the 11th, he'd go on and on about progress, how the fans should be delighted and other bullshit. Don't get me wrong, I'm desperate for us to win the FA Cup and don't really think about what it'd mean regarding Van Gaal's future at the club, but the man is fecking cancer and is acting as if we're some midtable club that should be making DVDs about every single win.

I wish he'd just feck off so we wouldn't have to listen to "shall be difficult" and the rest of his small time garbage.
I feel for you bud, that's exactly how I feel, How this cretin is supposed to inspire players wh n all he seems interested in is making stupid fecking decisions that will hopefully (in his mind) make him look like a genius while probably pissing said players off and all of us, I despise him!

Sigma

I find it hard to object to Giggs at the minute. Then again I'd find it hard to object to a turd wearing a tiny tie and glasses as long as LVG is gone.
If we get Giggs the club are going to be much more lenient than they were with van Gaal (which is already extremely lenient) and we're gonna be stuck with mediocrity for a whole lot longer. We need to get this decision correct, its a decision that is staring us in the face.

Status
Not open for further replies.