LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Law of Denis

At the end of the day, one more point would have kept LvG in his job. If you see the shitty and stupid points dropped over the course of the season, it is hard to feel sorry for him. It's his own fault completely.

The FA cup is an incredible send off, not a lot of failed league managers can go off with pride and on a high note. He should be happy with that.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
At the end of the day, one more point would have kept LvG in his job. If you see the shitty and stupid points dropped over the course of the season, it is hard to feel sorry for him. It's his own fault completely.

The FA cup is an incredible send off, not a lot of failed league managers can go off with pride and on a high note. He should be happy with that.
I'm fairly sure that last season Woodward said to the investors that United planned on a top 3 finish, Because top 3 means direct CL qualification. So I don't think that reaching the 4th place once again would have saved his job.

Edit: If he actually lost his job.

PieCrust

Absolutely. There can be a break up and still end it professionally while enjoying a bit of success in an otherwise dour season.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Paddy is such a deluded moron. He's like our version of Summerbee.

Maybe him and Vangle can share a taxi on their way out.

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Did you even read that list?

Thats the history of the entire corporation from almost the last 100 years. Only a few (literally one or two and none to do with football/sport) of those are publishing false stories.

What does Jeremy Clarkson's contract or Blue Peter have to do with the validity or their reporting.

Last edited:

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Paddy only very recently acknowledged that Fergie has retired, so I'm not surprised he's having none of this.

Bless him. People calling him names should have a word with themselves. He's a harmless old man.

Rednotdead

This really is getting to the silly stage. It's now being claimed - apparently by the club - that Van Gaal's "it's over" comment referred to the season being over, not his reign as manager.

The club really needs to get its act together and get this sorted one way or the other.

Devil may care

I love the way he bigged his ego up again "I have won trophies in 4 countries"

Yeah you've just been sacked in 4 countries too you egotistical twat

Good riddance, can't believe the revisionism crap.
Well said, the turn around from some on here based off the Cup final win is crazy.

Brownie85

Mes que un muppet!
This really is getting to the silly stage. It's now being claimed - apparently by the club - that Van Gaal's "it's over" comment referred to the season being over, not his reign as manager.

The club really needs to get its act together and get this sorted one way or the other.
It makes sense that they'd say that though. They had to acknowledge the comment, and they weren't going to say "Yes van Gaal has left Manchester United by mutual consent". Saying he meant the season is over is an easy way for them to get out of having to release anything before they're ready to do so.
It'd be pretty stupid for United to say anything other. If there was no truth to the rumours, then i'd imagine they'd have released a statement saying van Gaal will see out his final year and they have no intention of bringing in anyone else. To be fair, their silence is deafening. They're doing nothing to stop the rumours, just acknowledging, and attempting to play down, van Gaal's comment.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Did you even read that list?

Thats the history of the entire corporation from almost the last 100 years. Only a few (literally one or two and none to do with football/sport) of those are publishing false stories.

What does Jeremy Clarkson's contract or Blue Peter have to do with the validity or their reporting.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I love the way he bigged his ego up again "I have won trophies in 4 countries"

Yeah you've just been sacked in 4 countries too you egotistical twat

Good riddance, can't believe the revisionism crap.
He also said he's proud to win the first trophy since Sir Alex retired. He's forgetting he's been in charge for 2 of the 3 years and spent obscene amounts of money.

Kill 'em all

Pastor of Muppets
Just imagine if all of this was a hoax and we give LVG a contract extension for winning the FA cup. :lol: Redcafe in a Fallout scenario.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
Just imagine if all of this was a hoax and we give LVG a contract extension for winning the FA cup. :lol: Redcafe in a Fallout scenario.
Nah, look at the picture above your post. Even it wants LVG out....

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Paddy Crerand still not having it that he might be gone.

He has no credibility it annoys me how bad he is.

"Are they going to sack Klopp, Liverpool were awful losing to a rubbish Sevilla side".

A Sevilla side that have won three back to back Europe Leagues.

I really hate Crerand, a pundit worse than those on BT Sport.

Stretford End Phil

Storm in a teacup. Jose has been news for months. Crerand is full of double standards as he showed when he was assistant to Tommy Doc. Great player, at times, but a dubious person for this kind of 'morality' play. He was correct that the Scousers were garbage, he should stick to slagging them off.

Dobbs

Paddy is such a deluded moron.
He has no credibility it annoys me how bad he is. I really hate Crerand, a pundit worse than those on BT Sport.
I love Paddy but he clearly lost his marbles years ago.
Ha this kind of stuff just makes laugh. I wonder if any of you would say it to him directly. Certainly you wouldn't 20 years ago but I'd still back Paddy even now.

It's not so much LvG he's defending, he's been quite critical of him over the last few months. He's just challenging sports journalism in general and he's right to. It's all bullshit and lies. Equally he's right to say they hide behind this idea of betraying their sources. It's an excuse, they have no source. If they did their prediction rate would exceed that of a monkey.

This guy doesn't know LvG is gone, he's just guessing at what's most likely like the rest of us do.

spwd

Revisionism of his reign has already begun I see, the usual 'foundations' garbage and Barca/Bayern comparison shite being brought up, I thought only one peculiar WUM would ever try and propose such nonsense but it'll fly under the radar with all that's happened this weekend but it simply has to be laughed at. Have a nice retirement Louis and tell yourself you were a success here but this belated sacking and imminent Jose announcement at least says that the club isn't totally oblivious to another failed managerial regime. The fact it didn't happen 6 months ago is still a stain and has cost us CL next season, but the club only has itself to blame for that. Winning the cup was fantastic and it was great to see how strong the team responded to going behind and the red card, great Brentan styled character in fact, but LVG's failure was already assured well before that anyway so it was a nice finish to a dreary season.

I've no doubt that if we have any success under Mourinho in the next 2/3 years that there will be some trying to shamelessly credit Van Gaal, absolutely no doubt it will happen at some point, some United fans are just so enamored with him for whatever reason which I find bizarre. We had constant mention of Moyes being 'honest' and a 'nice guy' and now we'll get head wrecking comments about LVG being a 'character' and being the paragon of youth players. Whatever, he's gone, he has his pay off and FA cup, but his reign was a failure in almost every category and his comments and deluded nonsense about fans expectations really exposed that not only was he a failure here, but an arrogant one at that.

That 'Thank you Van Gaal' and that car crash 'we have lost our class' threads really show how many United fans' priorities are really out of sync IMO. Some honestly like to believe we are some type of special, precious and kind hearted club with 'class'™. Yes, that multi-million pound sporting corporation owned but American business tycoons that makes more money off advertising and selling products than any other in the world is really quaint and humble and prioritizes how nice it acts to underperforming employees. Is Jose a self centered twat? Probably, is he one of the most successful managers in the modern era? Yes, which is more important? Go figure. I wouldn't have cared a shite how arrogant or stubborn Vangle was if he didn't produce such shite, but he did so it only pronounced the need to replace him.
Spot on!

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Revisionism of his reign has already begun I see, the usual 'foundations' garbage and Barca/Bayern comparison shite being brought up, I thought only one peculiar WUM would ever try and propose such nonsense but it'll fly under the radar with all that's happened this weekend but it simply has to be laughed at. Have a nice retirement Louis and tell yourself you were a success here but this belated sacking and imminent Jose announcement at least says that the club isn't totally oblivious to another failed managerial regime. The fact it didn't happen 6 months ago is still a stain and has cost us CL next season, but the club only has itself to blame for that. Winning the cup was fantastic and it was great to see how strong the team responded to going behind and the red card, great Brentan styled character in fact, but LVG's failure was already assured well before that anyway so it was a nice finish to a dreary season.

I've no doubt that if we have any success under Mourinho in the next 2/3 years that there will be some trying to shamelessly credit Van Gaal, absolutely no doubt it will happen at some point, some United fans are just so enamored with him for whatever reason which I find bizarre. We had constant mention of Moyes being 'honest' and a 'nice guy' and now we'll get head wrecking comments about LVG being a 'character' and being the paragon of youth players. Whatever, he's gone, he has his pay off and FA cup, but his reign was a failure in almost every category and his comments and deluded nonsense about fans expectations really exposed that not only was he a failure here, but an arrogant one at that.

That 'Thank you Van Gaal' and that car crash 'we have lost our class' threads really show how many United fans' priorities are really out of sync IMO. Some honestly like to believe we are some type of special, precious and kind hearted club with 'class'™. Yes, that multi-million pound sporting corporation owned but American business tycoons that makes more money off advertising and selling products than any other in the world is really quaint and humble and prioritizes how nice it acts to underperforming employees. Is Jose a self centered twat? Probably, is he one of the most successful managers in the modern era? Yes, which is more important? Go figure. I wouldn't have cared a shite how arrogant or stubborn Vangle was if he didn't produce such shite, but he did so it only pronounced the need to replace him.
Amen. I recommend people watch a random game under LVG to remind how pathetic we were under him.

Spoony

The People's President
Ha this kind of stuff just makes laugh. I wonder if any of you would say it to him directly. Certainly you wouldn't 20 years ago but I'd still back Paddy even now.

It's not so much LvG he's defending, he's been quite critical of him over the last few months. He's just challenging sports journalism in general and he's right to. It's all bullshit and lies. Equally he's right to say they hide behind this idea of betraying their sources. It's an excuse, they have no source. If they did their prediction rate would exceed that of a monkey.

This guy doesn't know LvG is gone, he's just guessing at what's most likely like the rest of us do.

I love Paddy I was saying it affectionately, but he's always been like that. The man clearly loves United and doesn't deserve folk saying that they hate him or whatever. Hate? Christ.

Dobbs

I love Paddy I was saying it affectionately, but he's always been like that. The man clearly loves United and doesn't deserve folk saying that they hate him or whatever. Hate? Christ.
Ah fair enough if you meant it affectionately.

I don't think those calling him a moron have even listened to the interview properly.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality

I just hate his nature to be overly biased and not objective about situations.

I hate the press, how they are vultures and stick with an agenda until someone breaks like the LvG sacking for instance but him to say Sevilla are trash for instance he clearly doesn't get out of the "United bubble" much.

There is a source behind this though, the media was brief by someone even if it was Mendes... to announce this minutes after a cup win, there's something there.

BBC are generally very reliable with sources and credible, more-so than skysports.

Dobbs

I just hate his nature to be overly biased and not objective about situations.

I hate the press, how they are vultures and stick with an agenda until someone breaks like the LvG sacking for instance but him to say Sevilla are trash for instance he clearly doesn't get out of the "United bubble" much.
He works for MUTV, Paddy doesn't pretend to be anything but a United fan.

Having said that you can't have seen his criticism of LvG over the last few months to believe he has no objectivity.

Again though just to use the word "hate" in relation to an 80 year old football pundit is ridiculously over the top. Save your ire for dictators, corrupt politicians etc.

bleedred

Get out of my head!!!!

NK86

Paddy was ripping LvG on MUTV big time around Christmas. In fact, many of us thought he'd lose his job.
Thank God I wasn't imagining that. I remember he ripped VG apart around our miserable run of form. Why is he getting ao hyper about VG now being sacked?

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He works for MUTV, Paddy doesn't pretend to be anything but a United fan.

Having said that you can't have seen his criticism of LvG over the last few months to believe he has no objectivity.

Again though just to use the word "hate" in relation to an 80 year old football pundit is ridiculously over the top. Save your ire for dictators, corrupt politicians etc.
It's a commonly used word in the English dictionary, It makes no sense to say I strongly dislike, or I oppose this view-point.

I oppose his view-point entirely.

I understand that he wants to be anti-media and I appreciate that I lov--I strongly-like the fact and strongly-approve of that but it's the fact he shifts blame to other clubs in this interview.

There's two different narratives going on, one manager in the job for six-months in a lower position both financially, and with the squads, and another who has been in the job nearing two-years and has had chance to purchase his own players.

That's what I have a problem with.

Yes I agree it's not a great way to let somebody go in the manner LvG was let go, but nearly every football fan would say it's the right time to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.