LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kant-ona

Everybody likes to be loyal to the coach, but this team is broken and it seems as the players want the coach out more than the fans do, so why wait? Let's do it now. The season is (nearly) already over for us - let's prepare for the "era" after Van Gaal.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
I guess LvG wants to break some more records. This is already our worst points tally after 18 games in the PL.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
6 points conceded (Stoke,Chelsea) because the Glazers dont want to pay compensation for sacking him.

They are probably also bricking it that he will raise the issue of transfer funds and wage capacity.
Because not paying compensation is more important then getting top 4 right?
That doesn't make sense.
And the guy has more or less spent as desired so I don't get your point here.

hobbers

The question will be is there any point in giving Giggs the Chelsea game. Will 1 day of Giggs (apparently not even a day since they've got the day off) make a difference and justify the accompanying media storm right before a game?

If they want to wait until after Chelsea that's fine, but it should be independent of the result, and at this stage I reckon it will be.

ZDwyr

This waiting is pointless. He should have been gone after Norwich, everyone knows it. Why waste two more matches and potential points by keeping him in charge? The board is incompetent when it comes to football.

C'est Moi Cantona

I wasn't entirely serious but there are a few fans around thinking like that.
Tbh I think the board arw more level headed then many believe.
Not so sure they are level headed to be honest, I just reckon they are at a loss to know what to do. This has all happened very quickly. It was only 3-4 weeks ago they were saying he was doing a good job and they wanted him to stay longer, they are now firmly in a corner and they have to do something, just reckon it's taken them by surprise and there is no real contingency plan there.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Frans is showing us the parking space for José's bus.

Someone

Something
It'd be amazing if he's in charge against chelsea, i mean what if we win, would he keep his job and all is good?

itso 7

It's completely within their rights the have issues with a new manager coming in. Not just for previous behaviour but also after a shocking season, far worse than Utd under LVG. It's a massive decision and if they don't fancy Jose it's perfectly understandable.

Then there is the Pep factor. Maybe just maybe newspaper reports of his agreement with city is false. And we are in the running for him. Then we certainly don't get Jose

I'm not a fan of those who run Utd but you have to look at other possible scenarios about why things aren't happening instantly to appease impatient and spoilt fans
It's not about 'impatient and spoilt' fans but the need for immediate and decisive action to arrest the slide that this man has so far proved incapable of arresting. The longer this goes on the greater the damage and the task could end up being so daunting that a candidate like Pep could end up being apprehensive of taking on such a major rebuilding job. Plus it's one thing to want Pep but a completely different thing to be confidentwe are his choice and proceed to pass up on someone who is still a top manager, if we are to pass up on Mourinho it should be something concrete like a precontract not hope or a few flirty smiles he casts our way.
We are a big club and big clubs don't feck around if they want to stay that way. Lok at Bayern, bold, clever and decisive.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
Wouldn't read anything into the image, he regularly does it. Even his Twitter header is a similar sort of image.

Riz

Words cannot describe how livid I'll be if we win against Chelsea and Van Gaal comes out smiling in his press conference. We'll then proceed to give him more time, hate saying it but if the board aren't convinced already we may need another loss against Chelsea to get our season back on track.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Not so sure they are level headed to be honest, I just reckon they are at a loss to know what to do. This has all happened very quickly. It was only 3-4 weeks ago they were saying he was doing a good job and they wanted him to stay longer, they are now firmly in a corner and they have to do something, just reckon it's taken them by surprise and there is no real contingency plan there.
Level headed maybe the wrong words but I doubt they're as hopeless as many seem to assume.
But I think you're right that this happened fairly quickly and I get a sense they are between two chairs in regards to Mourinho. He can be the quick fix but it can also go horribly wrong after a while.

Hitchcocker

Words cannot describe how livid I'll be if we win against Chelsea and Van Gaal comes out smiling in his press conference. We'll then proceed to give him more time, hate saying it but if the board aren't convinced already we may need another loss against Chelsea to get our season back on track.
If he's managing us on Monday, it means we've been too polite. The crowd really need to let their feelings known.

saivet

Journos have been quiet unlike after the Norwich game? He's still staying?

iKeano

Staggering levels of incompetence from the board that he's not been sacked yet. How can they not have a contingency plan in place? Are they too busy with their turkey curries or do they not think the fans will notice?

Giving LVG the Chelsea game is throwing away three valuable points. It's a pointless exercise that only highlights the boards ineptness.

I've become more worried by the day that the detritus doesn't just stop at LVG, but runs right through the core of the club. If they don't throw everything they have at Guardiola in the summer (and I'm clinging on to this being why they're stalling over LVG) then we might as well accept that they're settling for mediocrity & the board are comfortable that their wage comes from washing machine partnerships in south east Asia rather than off the back of footballing success.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Does anything ever happen on a Sunday? Aren't we almost forced to wait until NYSE is open to announce things like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.