LVG Out Thread | BBC: Sacked!

Do you want LVG sacked?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
It's the Martial cross in Rooney, right? Wasn't it in the second half?
Umm no think that was the 2nd in the game,
it was definitely 1st half, remember being frustated as feck sat there until it happened, scored in extra time in the first half, from a blind pass over the top, pushed across the goal
we've scored 3 first half goals it appears. :drool:

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
I think we would back LVG in the transfer market but with the prices quoted for Felipe Anderson and Mane, we might as well wait for someone like Griezmann in the summer....it makes zero sense to pay €50M for Mane or Anderson, when it is not clear that they will massively improve the team.
Here's the thing though, we won't get someone like Griezman in the summer if we're not in the CL, and we won't be given our current form. Woodward has to either sack him or back him. It's that simple.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
At which stage was Moyes sacked? Tuesday morning at 8-9 AM after speculation on Monday? Deja vu anyone?

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
This is true, it's easy to vent your anger soley at him, but of he wants out & Woodward won't let him/talks him around (he is under contract after all) then it's not his fault.

I just want to see him having a long & happy retirement in Portugal, he's done some good stuff in his career, but sadly this was just a job too far for him.
Seems like all this talk of power struggle at Old Trafford might have a hint of truth to it. I can't make sense of this any other way.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Umm no think that was the 2nd in the game,
it was definitely 1st half, remember being frustated as feck sat there until it happened, scored in extra time in the first half, from a blind pass over the top, pushed across the goal
we've scored 3 first half goals it appears. :drool:

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
Whether or not Van Gaal is the problem (I think he is FYI) he needs to go.
The thing is if we're not prepared to bring in JM, or unable to get Pep now, what's the point in firing him?
The only other thing I could think would be Giggs (+Fergie:drool::drool:) until the end of the season, then bring in Pep.

Or just bring back Moyes.

nibble

ravi2

no need to go there with swearing. But yeah. the board is to blame.

I know man, I lost it for a few days there. Our football has been very tough for me to stomach this season but happily I am in a much better place now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Seems like all this talk of power struggle at Old Trafford might have a hint of truth to it. I can't make sense of this any other way.
I dunno, maybe it's just more a case of Woodward digging his heals in & not been willing to accept LvG just hasn't worked out.

I'm fine with this just as long as he's willing to follow LvG out the door when we get knocked out of FA cup & Europa, & finish mid table, but he won't.

ravi2

Here's the thing though, we won't get someone like Griezman in the summer if we're not in the CL, and we won't be given our current form. Woodward has to either sack him or back him. It's that simple.

ADM and Falcao set a bad precedent in Woodward's mind, he thinks we can still sign anyone without Champions League football.
Maybe if we had Champs league we could have signed Sanchez.

Amir

At which stage was Moyes sacked? Tuesday morning at 8-9 AM after speculation on Monday? Deja vu anyone?
There wasn't much speculation 24 hours before Moyes was sacked. It went beyond that - Some reporters claimed he's off, simple as that.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Something may be in the air but if true we really better have someone good lining up for this job.

We can't just let another disappointment waste another club's years in this football limbo.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Shows what I said? :D
1st goal, 1st half, blind over the top, played across the goal, depay scored
2nd goal is martial cross, hits rooney in.

We've scored 3 goals first half, I swear :D other two were spuds OG and depay vs watford.

Spock

It's now Monday afternoon in Manchester and still no announcement of Van Gaal's sacking?

Unfukinbeleevable.

How much more of his garbage tactics are we supposed to take? It we were collecting the points, but doing so ugly, we'd be ok with that. If we were playing great football but dropping the points, we'd be frustrated but ultimately ok with that too. But when the performances are consistently poor and we're sliding down the table week after week, the rot has got to stop.

If drop to a Moyesian 5th, 6th or 7th place this season we can forget about a EPL or CL trophy for years to come.

The time to act is now, not this summer.

fergieisold

It's now Monday afternoon in Manchester and still no announcement of Van Gaal's sacking?

Unfukinbeleevable.

How much more of his garbage tactics are we supposed to take? It we were collecting the points, but doing so ugly, we'd be ok with that. If we were playing great football but dropping the points, we'd be frustrated but ultimately ok with that too. But when the performances are consistently poor and we're sliding down the table week after week, the rot has got to stop.

If drop to a Moyesian 5th, 6th or 7th place this season we can forget about a EPL or CL trophy for years to come.

I know, it's making me madder by the second. Why is he still here?

JPRouve

Scout
Shows what I said? :D
1st goal, 1st half, blind over the top, played across the goal, depay scored
2nd goal is marital cross, hits rooney in.

We've scored 3 goals first half, I swear :D other two were spuds OG and depay vs watford.
Mate, even your BBC link says that Rooney scored the second goal.

Memphis Depay scored his fourth goal of the season by tucking in from Juan Mata's cut-back just before half time.

United doubled their lead 40 seconds after the break as Wayne Rooney bundled home from close range to end an 11-game scoring drought in the Premier League.
Edit: We are talking about goals at home.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
A word of warning for all you who might think things will improve if United get rid of LvG. The fact is our squad is piss poor. We have too many mediocre and/or inexperienced players. Although LvG (and/or at least the man in charge of purchasing players in the first place) is partly to blame for this situation, LvG is not the one who has to perform on the pitch. It won't make a god damn difference who we have in charge if the players aren't good enough.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
A word of warning for all you who might think things will improve if United get rid of LvG. The fact is our squad is piss poor. We have too many mediocre and/or inexperienced players. Although LvG (and/or at least the man in charge of purchasing players in the first place) is partly to blame for this situation, LvG is not the one who has to perform on the pitch. It won't make a god damn difference who we have in charge if the players aren't good enough.
That's failure to prepare then, and that rests solely on management. If players aren't good enough, you usually need to get better ones. The buck stops with LVG, and Woodward yet again.

peridigm

Unfukinbeleevable.

That time is already here mate.

Maradona10

Woodward’s biggest fan
Losing hope now. Think he will make it to derby now. I hope fans boycott first half of derby to make their point
I think van gaal wants to leave, its just woody dragging him and keeping him.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
The players are good enough to beat Norwich at home and have more than shot on target in a game.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Bollocks mate. It won't be an instant route to success but it's clear as day that the system we are playing would struggle to break down conference sides. The players aren't free from blame but they aren't the root cause like you seem to think.

Minimalist

I think most acknowledge this. We do have some real poor players stealing a living (our captain being one of them for the majority of this season) but the manager built this squad and he still has to go.

Hopefully a new manager might just give us a boost.

Mciahel Goodman

Staff
Yeah, the squad needs a lot of work. No one denies it. But the system is absolute shite, and that comes from the manager. Also, the lack of depth in the squad is solely down to Woodward and LvG. Not buying a single player in January, even. It boggles the fecking mind.

Slops

has Adobe Premiere and too much time on his hands
There's something particularly dodgy about Ladbrokes putting out an article that says LVG is odds on to go before next league game according to Ladbrokes. Just trying to stoke up betting actividy.

BennyBlanco

fixated with Shaw's bum
Home goals.

This was the orginal point ya? from this post.

The main thing I took from that article

"They have scored only two first-half goals in the Premier League since last summer."

:lol::(
The post didn't specify at home, so I pointed out we've scored 3 first half goals in the PL.

Depay vs Sunderland OT 45+2mins
Depay vs Watford (Away) 11mins
OG vs Spuds

3 goals total in the first half, 2 at home :D I never argued Rooneys goal was first half...
Im out. :D

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
must disagree. this git has destroyed this team. Players have no belief. That is being displayed in how they play.

A good manager will turn this round immediately.

JPRouve

Scout
This was the orginal point ya? from this post.

The post didn't specify at home, so I pointed out we've scored 3 first half goals in the PL.

Depay vs Sunderland OT 45+2mins
Depay vs Watford (Away) 11mins
OG vs Spuds

3 goals total in the first half, 2 at home :D I never argued Rooneys goal was first half...
Im out. :D
He made a mistake, it's at home, we scored against Everton twice in the first half, we scored against Leicester and Bournemouth too.

Edit: And twice against Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.