Madeleine McCann

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Although Michael Gove has done the same recently, where he left his 11yo son alone in a B&B for 6 hours when he went to a party and he isn't far off from being our PM. I reckon more people probably still do it than let on.
David Cameron left his kid in a pub and he was our PM :lol:

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

This is a disgrace, so much money spent chasing dead links. There's loads of children need help here at home that should be prioritised instead of helping out these 2 idiots further.

They should end this case and arrest the 2 parents for child neglect and be done with it.
It doesn't make sense because of the lack of evidence.. unless of course they think the McCann's are behind it..

EricaNo7

You have to admit that there is a difference between leaving the kids playing in the garden, when you can hear them laughing and shouting and being in a restaurant 50m away?
Wasnt it about 70m away? And across a swimming pool and the children's bedroom was on the opposite side of the apartment block so there was no way it could be seen

Rams

Whether it's 50 or 70 meters, it's besides the point I think.

I really really hope l'm wrong, but the whole thing doesn't add up based even on the things we know for 100% that happened.
For example, take the reaction of Kate McCann when she raised the alarm as soon as she found out Madeline had disappeared: "they've taken her". Now imagine yourself finding out your child was gone? What would you do? Surely the first thing you'd instinctively do was look for your child (in the apartment and its immediate surroundings) and shout & scream his/her name? There is no evidence she did so. Instead, she head back to the tavern and screamed she had been taken. This leads me to believe that either Kate McCann was acting, or knew straight away that it was impossible that Madeline could have left the apartment/bedroom on her own accord, which is strange in itself.
And this is just one of a number of things which are strange.

EricaNo7

Whether it's 50 or 70 meters, it's besides the point I think.

I really really hope l'm wrong, but the whole thing doesn't add up based even on the things we know for 100% that happened.
For example, take the reaction of Kate McCann when she raised the alarm as soon as she found out Madeline had disappeared: "they've taken her". Now imagine yourself finding out your child was gone? What would you do? Surely the first thing you'd instinctively do was look for your child (in the apartment and its immediate surroundings) and shout & scream his/her name? There is no evidence she did so. Instead, she head back to the tavern and screamed she had been taken. This leads me to believe that either Kate McCann was acting, or knew straight away that it was impossible that Madeline could have left the apartment/bedroom on her own accord, which is strange in itself.
And this is just one of a number of things which are strange.
Leaving the twins behind, alone

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
If only this could get solved someday. The fact there are basically zero suspects and no body found leads me to think the parents covered it up extremely well. However, I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I find it bizzare how some people presume to know the "normal" way to react in this sort of scenario.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
I agree. I think it was a tragic accident which they concealed. A chap called Peter Hyatt does statement analysis and he has done some very in depth work on their statements. They are all on youtube
I looked it up, I gave up listening when he claimed that the fact Kate used the word 'child' implied there had probably been 'child abuse or mollestation' because that's the context you'd usually use the word. He's a complete charlatan.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
How would you react?
I have no idea how I would react or how normal people "should" react, that's my point. Maybe I'd be eerily calm, maybe I'd be a panicked wreck.

I would hope to act as rationally as the McCanns did in the aftermath, listening to the behavioural experts, legal advisiors and PR gurus who are advising me on the best course of action. That sort of reaction is certainly far more likely to see an abducted child recovered than the public breakdown so many people seem to expect from "normal" parents.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
To be honest leaving your kids alone when on holiday especially ones so young is not on IMO.. that idgaf mentality is probably more likely the explanation behind their lack of emotion in general rather than any reflection of their guilt.

My mum used to nip out when we was younger but I was like 6-7 and was expected to look after my younger sisters. I don't think that was acceptable either but there is no way she would have done that on holiday unless there was family babysitting.

Rams

I have no idea how I would react or how normal people "should" react, that's my point. Maybe I'd be eerily calm, maybe I'd be a panicked wreck.

I would hope to act as rationally as the McCanns did in the aftermath, listening to the behavioural experts, legal advisiors and PR gurus who are advising me on the best course of action. That sort of reaction is certainly far more likely to see an abducted child recovered than the public breakdown so many people seem to expect from "normal" parents.
I'm not saying there's one way to react, there are a million ways to react. However, that still doesn't mean that the way Kate McCann reacted to the immediate situation was very odd to say the least considering the circumstances. But moreover, it's the whole catalogue evidence which makes it so strange. From sniffer dogs to conflicting eye witness statements and everything in between. I really do hope I'm wrong, but I can't help feeling that there's something not quite right.

TheReligion

Abusive
Don't think we will ever find out what happened here.

The Portuguese Police made a number of basic errors which wouldn't have been made over here and as such the opportunity to fully investigate what happened what hindered in my opinion. Now it's too late.

The McCann's aren't very likeable but I guess that doesn't make them murderers.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
Don't think we will ever find out what happened here.

The Portuguese Police made a number of basic errors which wouldn't have been made over here and as such the opportunity to fully investigate what happened what hindered in my opinion. Now it's too late.

The McCann's aren't very likeable but I guess that doesn't make them murderers.
Agree with most of this but the Portuguese Police part. It happens in every country. Not every copper in charge is well versed in the correct procedures in every instance. Yeah, it may sound basic but stuff happens. All the time.

The whole thing is a mess. I'd be great if the child was found, especially if alive.
If it was my kid I'd at least want closure.

TheReligion

Abusive
Agree with most of this but the Portuguese Police part. It happens in every country. Not every copper in charge is well versed in the correct procedures in every instance. Yeah, it may sound basic but stuff happens. All the time.

The whole thing is a mess. I'd be great if the child was found, especially if alive.
If it was my kid I'd at least want closure.
What do you disagree with in particular about what I have said about the Portuguese Police?

Will Absolute

After ten years there must be a better use for police resources than pouring them into this black hole. In the unlikely event that the girl is still alive, there's always a chance she'll eventually turn up, but surely a decade old police investigation isn't going to track her down after all the dust that has now settled on the trail.

Javi

Whether or not the money is well spent surely depends on the lead they have. At this stage of the investigation it should be a damn good one though (and certainely nothing with human memory involved).

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Whether or not the money is well spent surely depends on the lead they have. At this stage of the investigation it should be a damn good one though (and certainely nothing with human memory involved).
Their leads have been tenuous at best. But it's a media focused investigation, so it gets additional funds pumped into it even though the money could be used far more wisely elsewhere.

Think how many extensive MP investigations could be carried out with 11m, or how many lives it could save.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's been 11 years but if it leads them to discovering a gang that kidnaps and sells young kids, it's worth the hassle even if she's not going to be found alive.

Last edited:

Javi

Surely it's unlikely that they were granted money without presenting actual leads?

Dave89

Can't begrudge her family wanting to throw everything at finding her, but how do the police sit down and explain this to grief-stricken parents of missing children who haven't had a tenth of the money spent pursuing their child?

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Can't begrudge her family wanting to throw everything at finding her, but how do the police sit down and explain this to grief-stricken parents of missing children who haven't had a tenth of the money spent pursuing their child?
I wouldn't blame the police, it seems to have been the home office pushing to keep the investigation going, cos of the publicity around the case. Hard to believe any 'new leads' now will lead anywhere, given the time that's lapsed since the event.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Quite easily really, sorry but we've given up looking for your nipper, you are too poor/black or Asian/working class to warrant the kind of money that the little white photogenic drs daughter got.