Madeleine McCann

GeorgieBoy

Quite easily really, sorry but we've given up looking for your nipper, you are too poor/black or Asian/working class to warrant the kind of money that the little white photogenic drs daughter got.
What do the home office gain from extending the search for her though? People throw about the term 'increased publicity' due to the nature of her upbringing but how does that benefit them?

Oscie

What do the home office gain from extending the search for her though? People throw about the term 'increased publicity' due to the nature of her upbringing but how does that benefit them?

They do use very aggressive lawyers to go after any criticism of them. Think about what happened and then think about little criticism of them has been published, officially, in newspapers here. Quite something. One might argue it's a bit odd how given what happened to them they were so bothered so early to shut down criticism.

PoTMS

It's very sad what happened to Maddie but enough of the taxpayers' money needs to be spent on this. Don't the McCanns' have a trust where they can fund this themselves? As far as I'm aware, there's nothing to suggest that we're any closer to finding out what happened to her.

Sure, you can say there's no limit to the amount of money we should spend if it uncovers the truth of something more sinister, but there's no guarantee we'll ever get that. Where do we draw the line? We're just pissing money away that could be better spent elsewhere on cases that really need the money.

GeorgieBoy

They do use very aggressive lawyers to go after any criticism of them. Think about what happened and then think about little criticism of them has been published, officially, in newspapers here. Quite something. One might argue it's a bit odd how given what happened to them they were so bothered so early to shut down criticism.
Again though, not necessarily untrue, but what has that got to do with the home office?
The politicising of this doesn't sit too well with me in all honesty.

Oscie

Again though, not necessarily untrue, but what has that got to do with the home office?
The politicising of this doesn't sit too well with me in all honesty.
I think the PR campaign has arguably been tremendously influential in the decision to keep funding the search.

Investigation gets another 150k to continue work

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
They've been granted another £150K for the investigation.

There's something very strange about this case. There are theories of the parents being predators and that Madeleine was bought before she was born and then raised to a certain age before being exchanged.

Aren't the parents high ranking Freemasons too? and have links to powerful people?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

There's something very strange about this case. There are theories of the parents being predators and that Madeleine was bought before she was born and then raised to a certain age before being exchanged.
What's this theory based on?

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
If the McCann were guilty of anything more than neglect why would they keep pushing for the case not to be forgotten. The conspiracy theories are way off imo.

Deleted member 101472

No idea why people complain about more money being pumped into the case. A little girl disappeared and has been missing for 11 years without any plausible explanation, they should spend what they need to to get to the bottom of it once and for all.

BD

technologically challenged barbie doll
No idea why people complain about more money being pumped into the case. A little girl disappeared and has been missing for 11 years without any plausible explanation, they should spend what they need to to get to the bottom of it once and for all.
I guess it's because there are plenty of unsolved missing persons cases, so should they all be given an unlimited budget? Clearly not. There comes a time you have to stop funding it, as horrible as that may be for those involved.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
What about all the kids who have gone missing in the UK whose investigations aren't going to get the resources because the McCann investigation takes the money?

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Aren't the parents high ranking Freemasons too? and have links to powerful people?
This is just bollox. Seriously who even thinks this crap up?

A little girl was kidnapped and/or murdered

I hope the truth comes out one day so that the rest of the family can move on. Can’t be pleasant for the 2 siblings growing up with what happened and the rumours about the parents

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Are there any cases as high profile or as baffling?
So the value of a child’s safety is intrinsically linked to how complex and high profile the circumstances of their disappearance?

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
It's very sad what happened to Maddie but enough of the taxpayers' money needs to be spent on this. Don't the McCanns' have a trust where they can fund this themselves? As far as I'm aware, there's nothing to suggest that we're any closer to finding out what happened to her.

Sure, you can say there's no limit to the amount of money we should spend if it uncovers the truth of something more sinister, but there's no guarantee we'll ever get that. Where do we draw the line? We're just pissing money away that could be better spent elsewhere on cases that really need the money.
Forget spending on more cases. Stick this in hospitals and you'd be saving lots of lives.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Are there any cases as high profile or as baffling?
No, which is partly my point. Any funding being provided for the McCann investigation is presumably only to win over Daily Mail readers etc. at this point. I hate to say it but after 11 years the child is either dead or not the person she was when she was abducted. There comes a time when the state have to draw a line under it and stop the funding. If the McCanns wish to continue funding investigations themselves, all the power to them.

Deleted member 101472

No, which is partly my point. Any funding being provided for the McCann investigation is presumably only to win over Daily Mail readers etc. at this point. I hate to say it but after 11 years the child is either dead or not the person she was when she was abducted. There comes a time when the state have to draw a line under it and stop the funding. If the McCanns wish to continue funding investigations themselves, all the power to them.
Is this really a widely held belief?

Deleted member 101472

Can it be anything other than a political decision at this point?
Of course it can, and unless any of us have or know someone with inside knowledge on the case and the reasons why it keeps getting funded let them get on with it. I’m sorry that other families won’t get their search efforts funded but the McCanns and the investigators keep asking and they keep getting and so they should.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
It's a fecking disgrace really. There are plenty of missing kids.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout

:lol: Internet theories.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

You need to take a wee break from Facebook.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This is just bollox. Seriously who even thinks this crap up?

A little girl was kidnapped and/or murdered

I hope the truth comes out one day so that the rest of the family can move on. Can’t be pleasant for the 2 siblings growing up with what happened and the rumours about the parents
I agree his theory is pretty rubbish.

The truth seems to be she somehow died in the apartment and they covered it up.

This never ending search and not letting it rest is a sign of their guilt IMO.

Livvie

Scout

That makes no sense. If they were guilty, they would let it go, and want the investigation dropped.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Or that, you know, it’s hard to just stop caring about one of your fecking children that suddenly disappeared and was never seen again?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Can't help but feel they did have something to do with it. But it's important never to assign guilt when it can't be proven. If they did do it, they've gotten away with it.

Livvie

Scout
It's A bloody witch hunt...just look at the baying mobs on social media, full of hate for a couple who might only be guilty of stupidity at least, neglect at most.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Can't help but feel they did have something to do with it. But it's important never to assign guilt when it can't be proven. If they did do it, they've gotten away with it.
If they have done it, they're either total psychopaths or the best actors ever as the police are very good at spotting which grieving family going on TV are likely killers.

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
You need to take a wee break from Facebook.
:lol: I don’t use Facebook, it’s just a common theory I’ve come across over the years.. like the 9/11 theories, Sandy Hook and so on.

If I remember correctly there is factual information that 2 high profile billionaire paedophiles were in the local area at the time.

The parents of Madeleine are also good friends with a guy called Freud, he is allegedly a well known paedophile that owned a villa 1/3 a mile from the area and was being used by the said 2 billionaire brothers at the time.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
:lol: I don’t use Facebook, it’s just a common theory I’ve come across over the years.. like the 9/11 theories, Sandy Hook and so on.

If I remember correctly there is factual information that 2 high profile billionaire paedophiles were in the local area at the time.

The parents of Madeleine are also good friends with a guy called Freud, he is allegedly a well known paedophile that owned a villa 1/3 a mile from the area and was being used by the said 2 billionaire brothers at the time.
So they sold their daughter?

Livvie

Scout
I wonder how many of those who scream off with their heads, left their child in a Butlins chalet....

Baby crying in Chalet number...

20-30 years ago it was the done thing.

Maddie wasn't an ill treated child. It's just possible that her parents made a huge error of judgement.