Madeleine McCann

theyneverlearn

and this one probably never will
Care to summarise briefly this evidence?
Listen to Generation Why and True Crime Garage.

I don’t want to get into it, but these shows are several hours long and in depth so will be able to put the available evidence out there for you to decide for yourself.

There are others I’ve listened to on the case and if you’re interested you can find some yourself.

Deleted member 101472

So curiosity is a deciding factor?
It’s not curiosity. A little girl has literally disappeared with literally to this day, zero positive line of enquiry. It’s the most high profile unsolved missing person case maybe in history.

Deleted member 101472

I don’t want to get into it, but these shows are several hours long and in depth so will be able to put the available evidence out there for you to decide for yourself.

There are others I’ve listened to on the case and if you’re interested you can find some yourself.
Do they think Steven Avery is innocent?

theyneverlearn

The same number of podcasts promote flat earth theory and other conspiracy theory nonsense. People who listen often find them hard to disagree with.
Agreed, some pick and choose what they want to reveal to their audiences, but I have listened to several on the case and they’re all pretty much in agreement with what is available and how they reach their conclusions.

If you’ve got the time to listen to the 2 I mentioned then it’s worth it.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Care to summarise briefly this evidence?
Young pretty white kid goes missing from a holiday millions of us take. Harder to ignore and dismiss as something that happens to other people.

IMO the reason so many people want the McCann's to have something to do with it is so the idea that bad things can happen to your kids no matter what can be dismissed. People want to think it can't happen to them

Last edited:

villain

Hates Beyoncé
You seem to have eased on what sounds like tonnes of children in your first post, to suddenly there's no number on it, and now it's "people", not children.
I'm sure you can understand the difference between adults and children going missing.

How many children going missing can you specifically name in the last 5 years?
In the last week, about 14 from varying London police departments have posted information for missing kids under 18 (I know because I retweet them on my twitter page)

I'm failing to see your point, because the McCann story is more popular, it's somehow more deserving?

At what point do they move on and accept that they're unlikely to find answers to the questions they have?

Aye, 100s go missing every day and they still have people working on them.
And the ones who don't have a resolution to their missing loved one, don't receive £12m in funding.

theyneverlearn

Do they think Steven Avery is innocent?
I don’t believe either have covered the case, but they have mentioned how they don’t agree with the bias nature of the Making a Murderer series and even Serial.

Edit: sorry, Generation Why did cover the case, and concluded he was guilty from the evidence.

Deleted member 101472

In the last week, about 14 from varying London police departments have posted information for missing kids under 18 (I know because I retweet them on my twitter page)

I'm failing to see your point, because the McCann story is more popular, it's somehow more deserving?

At what point do they move on and accept that they're unlikely to find answers to the questions they have?

And the ones who don't have a resolution to their missing loved one, don't receive £12m in funding.
I bet you they’d receive plenty funding if their case was in any was as baffling as the McCann one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can you work out the reasons why this case may have received so much money?
Because of the press and public reaction to it. Which is plainly ludicrous.

I'm still waiting for you to explain "the unique circumstances", because so far all you've come up with is "it's high profile" and "she literally disappeared". Unless all the other missing kids only figuratively disappeared that's entirely not unique.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I've read plenty around it, and the fact the parents have never been close to being charged, despite some outrageous smears and books from the supposed "investigators" tells me there's nothing substantial against them.

Hence me genuinely being intrigued as to this "evidence".

From what I've seen, the most likely culprit was some notorious pedo in the area, long since dead.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
I bet you they’d receive plenty funding if their case was in any was as baffling as the McCann one.
Every person who disappears with no clear evidence, motive or suspect is baffling.

McCann isn't the most interesting, unique or complex disappearance story.

Deleted member 101472

Because of the press and public reaction to it. Which is plainly ludicrous.

I'm still waiting for you to explain "the unique circumstances", because so far all you've come up with is "it's high profile" and "she literally disappeared". Unless all the other missing kids only figuratively disappeared that's entirely not unique.
Disappeared with no plausible explanation.

Deleted member 101472

Every person who disappears with no clear evidence, motive or suspect is baffling.

McCann isn't the most interesting, unique or complex disappearance story.
Then why has it received 12million in funding?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

The examples you mention may simply be runnaways, and there's nothing to say there's a crime been committed.
A kid abroad, 100metres from her family, in a packed hotel, becomes a whole different matter.

Deleted member 101472

Well you're claiming the case is unique because she disappeared with no explanation, so yes.
Can you show me the othe case of the UK family on vacation in Portugal who’s little girl vanished out of their hotel room and there isn’t a single piece of evidence to suggest exactly where she went, or with who?

theyneverlearn

I've read plenty around it, and the fact the parents have never been close to being charged, despite some outrageous smears and books from the supposed "investigators" tells me there's nothing substantial against them.

Hence me genuinely being intrigued as to this "evidence".
Apologies, maybe I should have made it clear there’s no ‘evidence’ as such to convict, but from the interviews, timelines, what happened before, during and after the events, they conclude that they feel that the parents were either involved with her death or were aware of the death and covered it up. If I remember correctly, they say it wasn’t premeditated, but more towards involuntary manslaughter.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
What price would you put on trying to find out what happened if it was your kid out of interest?
What a moronic reply and question. I said i understand and sympathise with them but this has cost millions and gone on for years, the case can remain open but are you seriously suggesting more time, money and resources should be spent on this over other cases? Because that's what will happen.

As I said, the case can remain open and if new leads come up then it could be decided if they are worth following up, but imho if the McCanns want continued detective work then they should hire Private Detectives themselves.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Genuine question, there have probably been many missing persons cases, how come this one gets so much press?

Deleted member 101472

...this is literally the point.
There's no reason for it to receive that much, especially given most of it is tax payer funded.
Well if she turns up alive one day thanks to something the investigation uncovered make sure you write to your MP and ask for the tax money back.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Can you show me the othe case of the UK family on vacation in Portugal who’s little girl vanished out of their hotel room and there isn’t a single piece of evidence to suggest exactly where she went, or with who?
So it being in Portugal makes it unique and deserving of special attention and funding?

https://www.missingpeople.org.uk/help-us-find.html

Have a look through there.

Deleted member 101472

What a moronic reply and question. I said i understand and sympathise with them but this has cost millions and gone on for years, the case can remain open but are you seriously suggesting more time, money and resources should be spent on this over other cases? Because that's what will happen.

As I said, the case can remain open and if new leads come up then it could be decided if they are worth following up, but imho if the McCanns want continued detective work then they should hire Private Detectives themselves.
They did. and I’m sure they will again if the authorities do stop funding it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Well if she turns up alive one day thanks to something the investigation uncovered make sure you write to your MP and ask for the tax money back.
feck me. Ignore my last post, you're not worth having any kind of discussion with.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
The examples you mention may simply be runnaways, and there's nothing to say there's a crime been committed.
A kid abroad, 100metres from her family, in a packed hotel, becomes a whole different matter.
You're making assumptions about dozens of missing children as if Madeline McCann is the only allegedly abducted child. Her case isn't unique.
The point is that 11 years on, she's not the only child abductee and £12m in funding is ridiculous.

That's incredibly condescending.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

What's to argue about then! This will be what they judge is happening!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You're making assumptions about dozens of missing children as if Madeline McCann is the only allegedly abducted child. Her case isn't unique.
The point is that 11 years on, she's not the only child abductee and £12m in funding is ridiculous.

That's incredibly condescending.
Give me an exact example of a missing child in the last few years then. And what happened?
Otherwise, how can we make anything but generalisations.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It’s not curiosity. A little girl has literally disappeared with literally to this day, zero positive line of enquiry. It’s the most high profile unsolved missing person case maybe in history.
And all this after such a huge amount of money, time and focus has been spent on it. Surely the lack of progress after such expense should be a reason to stop funding it rather than continue to pump public money into something with such scant returns