Mason Mount's Misfortune

ChaddyP

What's the criteria to get number 7 anyway? after Ronaldo we've tried:
  1. An old proven goalscorer : Didn't do shit
  2. A flying winger of our own : couldn't handle it and decided to get his old number back
  3. A proven CL winning midfielder from Madrid : cried and left britain for eternity
  4. A proven winger at the best form of his life from Arsenal : lost his mojo almost instantly, running around like a useless midget and then fecked off to Italy
  5. A "special" talent with a lot of arrogance : failed to meet even the most basic of expectations (without even counting in the shirt number)
  6. Giving it back to Ronaldo as a failproof solution : sacked the manager and single handedly ruining the club that finished 2nd just a season prior
Basically it means feck all now. The myth is gone until someone becomes successful while wearing it. Let it go and move on. We will stumble a good number 7 wearer again but we shouldn't expect it.
wait, which one of these is cavani?

tomaldinho1

I'm not angry in the slightest. I was just being sarcastic as you intentionally misunderstood the point I was making to change the subject.

Look at KDB or Kovacic's heatmaps on your own link.

Eriksen can't run and Kroos has played as a 6 for about 5 years.
Or just misunderstood a very vague sentence...

FYI Kova heatmap disproves your point?

KDB is actually a better comparison because he is a wide player/attacking mid who moved into the CMs, I'm probably not alone is saying however Mount is nowhere near as good as KDB and also does not have the passing range, amongst other things.

Mateo Kovačić stats and ratings | Sofascore
Kevin De Bruyne stats and ratings | Sofascore

I feel like you've now doubled down to the point you're just wasting everyone's time. Ask any of the Chelsea fans on here (who have watched Mount more than any of us) about where Mount has played. He may well be able to play as a CM but he has not played in the CMs at Chelsea for any prolonged period of time and has been a wide attacker or central.

Abdullah7

Mason Mount was one of those that got me jealous of their team. That they are lucky to have him coming up the ranks. I was baffled by the news of him leaving, let alone to us. I think we pulled a master class on this one stealing Chelsea's gem and best player at a young age going to his prime. How dump can Chelsea be? I'd be fuming if I was one of their fans. To top it off, now, he got the iconic number 7 which will be huge to his confidence and I'm sure he'd be the one to left it of insha2 Allah.

MM7 :drool:

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It’s gonna be so weird to play against him. He could get booed when he returns to the Bridge. Havertz too.

Sad times, it still doesn’t feel real but at least it’s over with now. We move on.

Glorio

The story goes that a number of players keenly coveted the number 7 shirt last season. This prompted EtH to set a season-long challenge (based on his 7th principle apparently) that if a player could score 7 direct free kicks in 10 attempts, they'd get the number.

Going into the break, to everyone's surprise, Garnacho led with 4 goals in 10 attempts and believed that upon returning for this season, he'd get the shirt. It seemed it was going to happen for him too till ...

Yesterday when Mount casually scored 7 out of his first 7 attempts - all in the top corner as part of his medical. :eek:
EtH U-turned on the spot and the rest is history.

OverratedOpinion

Or just misunderstood a very vague sentence...

FYI Kova heatmap disproves your point?

KDB is actually a better comparison because he is a wide player/attacking mid who moved into the CMs, I'm probably not alone is saying however Mount is nowhere near as good as KDB and also does not have the passing range, amongst other things.

Mateo Kovačić stats and ratings | Sofascore
Kevin De Bruyne stats and ratings | Sofascore

I feel like you've now doubled down to the point you're just wasting everyone's time. Ask any of the Chelsea fans on here (who have watched Mount more than any of us) about where Mount has played. He may well be able to play as a CM but he has not played in the CMs at Chelsea for any prolonged period of time and has been a wide attacker or central.
It literally doesn't. Both spend the majority of their time just next to the centre circle to the left in both their half and the opononets half. They also both drift wide left a lot. I feel like you are just seeing what you want.

I agree one of us is wasting the others time considering I said about 4 messages ago let's just see at the end of next season.

I'll leave it there. Look forward to Mount being out number 8 in the coming season. You will be truly shocked at how huge of an upgrade it is on Eriksen. Almost a team changing improvement.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I dont think players think about who are the owners before moving to clubs at all.
:lol: Absolutely idiotic post. Just utter drivel.

Look at Newcastle ffs.

If the Glazers left Utd and bought, say, Liverpool, players would immediately be wary about joining them.

Utd is a circus from the top down, and that absolutely impacts the players’ opinions when eyeing a prospective club, idiotic to suggest otherwise.

Tiber

I really hope I'm wrong and that Mount goes on to the best signing since Bruno. But I can't shake the feeling we have signed a very average player for big money...again

mu4c_20le

You don't see these signings happen very often. Top clubs usually don't sell their best homegrown players in their prime to another rival.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Tbf it took me about 5 minutes to realise who your number 5 was. Sat here saying to myself "did we ever give Janazej the number 7?"
Depay is still very clear in my memory and it all started the same way as Garnacho now. People just wanted him to have no 7 because he has the swag and character. I'm glad Garnacho doesnt have to suffer the same fate. Young players with big egos need to be managed and Garnacho hasnt even reached half his potential yet. Depay came here thinking he has made it. And it just went downhill from there.

OverratedOpinion

Depay is still very clear in my memory and it all started the same way as Garnacho now. People just wanted him to have no 7 because he has the swag and character. I'm glad Garnacho doesnt have to suffer the same fate. Young players with big egos need to be managed and Garnacho hasnt even reached half his potential yet. Depay came here thinking he has made and it just went downhill from then.
There are two things that stay in my memory about Depay here. One was an outrageous bit of skill and the other was an almost comically weak flopping back header that cost us a goal.

Sublime and the ridiculous.

m1tch

Fair play to him taking the number 7 shirt, obviously we just need him to be grown up about it. It's just a shirt number, if he was wearing 47 the expectation is the same - total dedication to the team. You're allowed to be better than Cantona & Ronaldo if you wear 47, no one is stopping you. I'd take another Javier Hernandez or Ji Sung Park and be totally fine with them wearing 7, how I'd judge them is nothing to do with the shirt number.

All these in the past that can't handle the weight of a number either aren't very mentally strong/mature or they're just being stupid with superstitions.

tomaldinho1

It literally doesn't. Both spend the majority of their time just next to the centre circle to the left in both their half and the opononets half. They also both drift wide left a lot. I feel like you are just seeing what you want.

I agree one of us is wasting the others time considering I said about 4 messages ago let's just see at the end of next season.

I'll leave it there. Look forward to Mount being out number 8 in the coming season. You will be truly shocked at how huge of an upgrade it is on Eriksen. Almost a team changing improvement.
Mason Mount stats and ratings | Sofascore v Mateo Kovačić stats and ratings | Sofascore
Christian Eriksen stats and ratings | Sofascore v Mateo Kovačić stats and ratings | Sofascore

This is slightly embarrassing now

IRELANDUNITED

I really hope I'm wrong and that Mount goes on to the best signing since Bruno. But I can't shake the feeling we have signed a very average player for big money...again
That’s the spirit :) I bet you think Szoboszlai is a great signing for Liverpool as well.

JPB

Number 7?! This is fecking bullshit. Should have been given to Garnacho.

OverratedOpinion

I agree, maybe you are forgetting to change it to the Premier League or looking at 21/22 rather than the season that proceeded and followed it.

Either way as I said. I'll leave you and your belief that Mason Mount is a waify little winger to it.

tomaldinho1

I agree, maybe you are forgetting to change it to the Premier League or looking at 21/22 rather than the season that proceeded and followed it.

Either way as I said. I'll leave you and your belief that Mason Mount is a waify little winger to it.
As ever a strangely aggressive reply whilst simultaneously being completely inaccurate. The fact Mount has played his whole career as a wide attacker or 10 somehow equating to him being a 'waify little winger' really summing up the quality of your posts.

You are now just lying, it takes two seconds to filter the seasons dates and select PL. It also takes two seconds to see he play a different role to Eriksen/Kovacic completely. If you can't have an actual discussion feel free not to reply.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
From The Athletic

He is set to be paid more than £200,000 per week, potentially rising to at least £250,000 per week with bonuses — in the same ballpark as the deal Chelsea had originally offered, as well as a rival proposal put forward by Liverpool.
So you feckers can calm down.

leeroyTX

:lol: Absolutely idiotic post. Just utter drivel.

Look at Newcastle ffs.

If the Glazers left Utd and bought, say, Liverpool, players would immediately be wary about joining them.

Utd is a circus from the top down, and that absolutely impacts the players’ opinions when eyeing a prospective club, idiotic to suggest otherwise.
That's the dream.

OverratedOpinion

As ever a strangely aggressive reply whilst simultaneously being completely inaccurate. The fact Mount has played his whole career as a wide attacker or 10 somehow equating to him being a 'waify little winger' really summing up the quality of your posts.

You are now just lying, it takes two seconds to filter the seasons dates and select PL. It also takes two seconds to see he play a different role to Eriksen/Kovacic completely. If you can't have an actual discussion feel free not to reply.
"Calls people embarassing", "Tries to mock opinion based on self deprecating name", "you're wasting everyone's time"

Then I suggest you may have forgotten to filter something on a site due to you denying something which is clearly true and I'm aggressive?

You're astounding mate. I'm now going to let you have the last word as I am unable to prove something obvious to you if your eyes won't.

Have a great day.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
It's just sad the way we've cheapened the significance of the no.7 shirt. Another symptom of football losing it's soul, shirt numbers are now irrelevant.
Didn't they just use to give numbers 1-11 to the starting players every match without the names on the back? If anything, this whole obsession with numbers is a result of the ongoing commercialization of football.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
From The Athletic

He is set to be paid more than £200,000 per week, potentially rising to at least £250,000 per week with bonuses — in the same ballpark as the deal Chelsea had originally offered, as well as a rival proposal put forward by Liverpool.
The Athletic reporting a base wage of around 200k rising to 250k with bonuses.
Bearable. Hopefully that’s correct.

Now sell some players and sign Onana and a striker you useless cnuts.

Fabio Rochemback

I've warmed to the idea. Offers something completely different to Eriksen and we've actually got really good value for a player for once.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Well done to all the shirt number gimps for ruining a new player thread before the ink has even dried