Manchester United in talks with Ireland?

beardsleybob

The only real blot on his copy-book (apart from being a bit mental) was last season, when he hardly featured, but that could be down to a manager who didn't know how to get the best out of him and/or felt under pressure to play incredibly expensive new signings ahead of him.
That's my opinion too. I blame Mankini for ignoring the youth prospect for the overrated expensive players. Why play 3 defensive midfielders and leave Ireland to laze on the bench?

AttackingFlair

TBH i'de be surprised if O'Neal doesn't ask for the likes of Ireland, Wrights-Phillips & Belamy to be included in any deal. F*ck it all 3 and Villa would have come out smelling of roses and probably be in a better position to challenge shitty.
The only one worth bothering with is Ireland.

Georgie Best

If I had to choose between sleeping with Miss Worl
This thread is moot there is no way Bobby Manc and Biffo the Clown will sell any players to us! In this case I thank god!
Yes they will, or would is probably a better word. Because I have no faith what so ever that Ferguson indeed are interested in Ireland. Manchester City needs to get in as much cash, they are selling Ireland because they don’t think he is good enough for them, that means they don’t believe he will improve us to much neither. There are not many that will pay the £15m whom they probably want for him.

That's my opinion too. I blame Mankini for ignoring the youth prospect for the overrated expensive players. Why play 3 defensive midfielders and leave Ireland to laze on the bench?
It is not Mancini, Mancini actually did a good job developing talents in Inter, both Santon and Balotelli emerged from his reign. The problem is the owners, whom has ridiculous expectations and are too inpatient. If they were interested in youth development, I bet they would never fired Sparky in the first place. Their demands are simple – win the league or lose your job – so he sings the biggest players he can get, and too be fair – David Silva and Yaya Toure are big names. Svennis did a great job at City, but he did not have the same frame under Shinawatra as they have now under the mad Arabs. Mark Hughes did a good job there too, just as good as Mancini, in my mind better. Manicini did not do much better than Hughes last season when you count the points, and in that “contest” Mancini had the advantage of playing the last half of the season rather than the first where the squad is a factor and the XI a bigger one. At the end of the day, the conclusion is; Mancini’s days are numbered, because there is no chance in hell he will win the league this season, and I doubt a top four position is enough for him to keep his job... Actually, if their opertunities to win the league are gone by January, Mancini might be gone too. But – If Manchester City continue to spend £100m a year, they will eventually win the league… Mancini just won’t be the manager to do it because evolution takes time.

DocRockter

feck NO!! There's no place for character like him in our squad. thank god he's not United caliber ´cause I'm afraid Fergie would look past his chavness..

He's a player who looks like the fan of his team. A good fit for us all

AlwaysRedwood

Ireland is a head the ball and an objectionable little twat.

BUT he is very good at football (one of the best in the league two years ago IMO) and you can't question his dedication at club level (has become a real fitness fanatic) The fact he's surplus to requirements at City after a massive spending spree means feck all really. I mean, look what happened to the Dutch players squeezed out of Real Madrid?

I was thinking about him yesterday actually, when Ozil was being discussed. If I had to name the one player in the PL who Ozil most reminds me of in the way he plays the game, it would be Stephen Ireland.
Couldn't agree more. Would be a fantastic addition to the squad.

beergod

the dressing room needs someone to make fun of other than Nani or PIG for their lack of style.

I think he would be a great addition to the squad and would definitely prefer him to the flavor of the month Ozil.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
I know someone who's been to Ireland who said it's on.

Chirag

Euro '08 League Winner
"His high-speed shuttles between boxes is down to an intense personal fitness regime, centred around kickboxing. During the summer, when other players were topping up tans in exclusive Dubai resorts, Ireland was in his gym in Glossop doing his Rocky Balboa thing.

"My routine was running in the morning and weights at night time. It was a lot of running up hills and power stuff - explosive kicking and stuff like that. At night I'd be working on all my physical stuff, body and strength.I'd be at it for five or six hours.

"I want to be really sharp over five or 10 yards and I get that benefit from kicking the bags and from the pad work. It puts fire in your belly, too, gives you aggression. I love it and it's just up to me to transfer that onto the pitch.

"You see most games get into the last 15 to20 minutes and I'm on my own - running box to box, gambling on things. For the first 75 minutes I have to be more disciplined but as soon as the 75th minute comes I'm gone, I come into my own fitness wise.

"A lot of teams switch off in the last 15 minutes and when they switch off I come into my own and score."
Wow he seems determined..

Ekeke

Because you don't think he is?

And what's Anderson moving to City got to do with any of this?
Because there is no reason to think he is. He's a player on the fringes of a rival club the same as Anderson is on the fringes here. There have been rumours that Ireland may be leaving this summer, there are also rumours Anderson could be leaving this summer.

If for some reason they turned out to be true, there's no chance we'd sell Anderson to Man City when we dont have to and there's no chance City would sell Ireland to Manchester United when they dont have to.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Elano was City's best player in his first season. And he's proven with Brazil its not quite a one off. In the world cup he was one of their best players in the short time he was able to play before injury. But nobody is suggesting we sign him - another player at his best in the hole like Ireland. And the reason is because since that first very good season, he's not been very good for City. Same as Ireland after the season before last.

Tackle stats clearly dont show much because teams cut right through City's midfield with Ireland playing in a two.
Well no, Richard Dunne was their POTY that year...

There's a number of differences between Elano and Ireland, though. Can't you just have an amicable debate once in a while instead of forcing your argument down people's throats?

Ekeke

Well no, Richard Dunne was their POTY that year...
And whats to say he wouldnt have been their POTY the season Ireland won it, if he didnt suffer such bad form (and the whole defence did to be fair) that City accepted a £5 million bid for him?

He always had very high stock at City till that one bad season. So how is Ireland being POTY and Elano not, proof that Ireland was better when the person who beat Elano in the voting had his worst season for them and on the basis of that, was sold for such a fee.

Elano did have a come down in form at the end of the season. But I can remember Kippax Kid on here worried that Barcelona would be after Elano due to what was brilliant form. I dont know about you, but I wasnt expecting Barcelona or Real Madrid to come in and sign Steven Ireland. And Elano was that good and that important to the side when Sven was there, but as I said he did suffer a loss of form torwards the end of the season.

There's a number of differences between Elano and Ireland, though. Can't you just have an amicable debate once in a while instead of forcing your argument down people's throats?
Its my argument. You can disagree or agree, stop being hypersensitive.

Rowem

gently, down the stream
if he didnt suffer such bad form (and the whole defence did to be fair) that City accepted a £5 million bid for him?
The way you manipulate things is hilarious :lol:

City made a massive feck up selling Dunne last summer. It will be a massive feck up if/when they sell Ireland.

Ekeke

The way you manipulate things is hilarious :lol:

City made a massive feck up selling Dunne last summer. It will be a massive feck up if/when they sell Ireland.
He's a good player so probably. Same with Robinho.

Its entirely possible that he stays and puts in performances that see him start week to week though.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Only if he gets laser treatment on that fecking tattoo.

el eric

Just read on the guardian site that he " tweeted " ( is that the right word ), that he is staying in Manchester

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
Just read on the guardian site that he " tweeted " ( is that the right word ), that he is staying in Manchester
I heard Sparky wants him.