Manchester United Kits 2017/18

ravi2

Yeah I don't have an issue with it whatsoever. Amazing init? Wouldn't do us all to be the same. ;)
I wish I felt that way.
I bought a few older kits with sharp as the sponsor ('92 and '93) recently and i like those best

CM

It would be great if we could do away with changing the colour of the club crest on away kits permanently.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Never really gotten the inherent love for our black kits myself. We've only had one truly great black kit IMO, and that was in 94/95. All the others have a slightly off, fascistic look to me. I much prefer the royal blue ones personally.

The pattern on this one looks pretty naff. And the monochrome badges always look cheap.
I've never liked our black kits either. Blues alright. I've loved our white kits.

It's about time we had a yellow kit again!

stevoc

I've never liked our black kits either. Blues alright. I've loved our white kits.

It's about time we had a yellow kit again!
Nah lets leave that to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Didn't we only ever have one in the 70's?

Jaxdan

I don't necessarily disagree with that but for this particular discussion that argument had more merit in 2014. People seem to have no problem with the idea of United selling the advertising space on the shirt, they just don't like which company logo is placed there. I mean come on it's literally the same thing being discussed over and over again 3 years on.

Someone says they hate the Chevy logo and how horrible it is, another person says but thats their company logo they use on all their recent cars and they pay a lot of money to put it there, then someone else says but why can't it just be white text or text and a white outline... bla, bla, bla rinse repeat.

I had thought that at some point over a 3 year period people would just make peace with the fact that the logo is here to stay. It seems i was wrong.
You forgot to list the ones that then chime in about how they can't believe we are still discussing the logo, when actually they are also adding to the discussion. ;)

Yagami

Good post resistant
Nah lets leave that to Liverpool and Arsenal.

Didn't we only ever have one in the 70's?
Last one was the green/yellow, yeah.

In the past few years we've had a few yellow GK tops that have looked gorgeous. I love Villarreal's kits, too. We have yellow on our badge - let's do it! It has the potential to look stunning, and would be a nice change.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Green and gold would be good. Sadly that will not happen now.
I can't decide whether it would have been genius for the club to release a green and gold away kit at the height of the discontent and reclaim the colours, or if it would have just pissed the fans off even more and driven a bigger wedge between the two sides.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
I don't get people's obsession with the colour of a sponsorship logo. It's like complaining about someone shitting on your face instead of pissing in it. Either way, it's still pretty damn unpleasant.

arthurka

Like the throwback retro pattern and will love to get me some when it comes available.

stevoc

You forgot to list the ones that then chime in about how they can't believe we are still discussing the logo, when actually they are also adding to the discussion. ;)
You are right i did. :p

But the ones at the start of the chain moaning about something that they know won't be changed set these tedious circular discussions in motion.

stevoc

I can't decide whether it would have been genius for the club to release a green and gold away kit at the height of the discontent and reclaim the colours, or if it would have just pissed the fans off even more and driven a bigger wedge between the two sides.
Most definitely the latter i would imagine.

Robertd0803

I do as well. So what? Just like certain colors, shirt types, styles, etc., we don't all have the same tastes.
I don't mind it. Plus Red/Gold and Black/Gold are pretty striking and complimentary colours so I think it looks well on most of our jerseys. Certainly less jarring on the eye than the DHL logo we had on our training tops a few years back.

Jaxdan

You are right i did. :p

But the ones at the start of the chain moaning about something that they know won't be changed set these tedious circular discussions in motion.

It's all good. Nothing we say here is going to make one bit of difference one way or the other. There are topics here and elsewhere I find redundant/uninteresting as well, so I get where you're coming from, but I typically just scroll on by. This is pretty typical on any discussion boards. I try to take in account that not everyone has been on board for that long, or perhaps have not paid attention to the topic before.

pacifictheme

Yeah probably not, i loved that kit as a kid.
Me too. Had the home shirt that was the same design.

Probably thr latter. Not sure now.

Plus the chevrolet wedge would need to go black to look ok on the "gold" side of the kit. That won't happen.

stevoc

It's all good. Nothing we say here is going to make one bit of difference one way or the other. There are topics here and elsewhere I find redundant/uninteresting as well, so I get where you're coming from, but I typically just scroll on by. This is pretty typical on any discussion boards. I try to take in account that not everyone has been on board for that long, or perhaps have not paid attention to the topic before.
I usually do the same mate, and i should have done the same here.

But i'm just surprised whenever i take a look in these threads 2-3 times a year to find people are still moaning about a logo 3 years on that doesn't even look that bad.

Jaxdan

I usually do the same mate, and i should have done the same here.

But i'm just surprised whenever i take a look in these threads 2-3 times a year to find people are still moaning about a logo 3 years on that doesn't even look that bad.
I agree with you there. I think we'd all like it if we could just go back to the day there wasn't a logo of any sort on the front. Hell, I can't even remember when that was...the '60's? We should feel honored to an extent that such a huge conglomerate even chooses to put it's logo on our shirt for 50mil. I know, they aren't just doing it just for the good of the club, but still. I'd rather that, than "Joe's Pie's" or something. :cool:

Jaxdan

Do any of their current models have that version of the logo on them?

I think it's on the rear of the side panels on some of their trucks. It's white graphic trim that lets the actual color of the truck show through the body of the logo. The actual medallion bow-ties on the front grill and on the rear of the vehicles are all the gold reflective type pattern set in chrome.

Now we are getting into some serious Chevy logo discussion! :D

stevoc

None that I can think of.
Fair enough.

I think it's on the rear of the side panels on some of their trucks. It's white graphic trim that lets the actual color of the truck show through the body of the logo. The actual medallion bow-ties on the front grill and on the rear of the vehicles are all the gold reflective type pattern set in chrome.

Now we are getting into some serious Chevy logo discussion! :D
Indeed, so they don't really use it that much then. 99% of their logos are gold on their recent models, so therefore theres no chance they would want it all white on Uniteds shirt.

That should end the great Chevy gold/white logo debate. Give it a page or two and no doubt it will begin again though.

Frank Grimes

Not sure why adidas decided to reintroduce the pattern after using very similar 2 seasons back with the black and orange away kit. Also I hate our badge in monochrome. Seems to me that they are looking for the cheapest way to make our kits and everything else is secondary, disappointing.

Jaxdan

Fair enough.

Indeed, so they don't really use it that much then. 99% of their logos are gold on their recent models, so therefore theres no chance they would want it all white on Uniteds shirt.

That should end the great Chevy gold/white logo debate. Give it a page or two and no doubt it will begin again though.
Probably not. But now that you mention it, years ago it actually was solid white. And I suppose you could use the graphic outline be in white, and let the color of the shirt stand through. That would look pretty good, and they would still have the obvious brand recognition. Perhaps they will at some point. Who knows? Either way, I'm okay with it. I like Chevy just fine and I do drive one, but I'm loyal to the United badge no matter the sponsor.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Not even the 07/08? That was just brilliant!
Looking back it was okay. A lot better than our recent black kits. Our 07-08 red and white ones were beautiful, though!

Even above, I'm not keen on that Madrid shirt.

decorativeed

Not sure why adidas decided to reintroduce the pattern after using very similar 2 seasons back with the black and orange away kit. Also I hate our badge in monochrome. Seems to me that they are looking for the cheapest way to make our kits and everything else is secondary, disappointing.
It's no cheaper to embroider the badge entirely in one colour than in two or three, it's a design choice led by the club. It's the club who started using monochrome crests on advertising campaigns and all other kinds of print for a few years. I prefer it, to be honest as it cleans up what is otherwise a dated bit of design/branding.

Frank Grimes

It's no cheaper to embroider the badge entirely in one colour than in two or three, it's a design choice led by the club. It's the club who started using monochrome crests on advertising campaigns and all other kinds of print for a few years. I prefer it, to be honest as it cleans up what is otherwise a dated bit of design/branding.
The patch on badges, also prevalent with Nike so not an Adidas issue, looks cheap to me and cost cutting. Has taking away from all of our jerseys imo.