Manchester United Kits 2017/18

decorativeed

The patch on badges, also prevalent with Nike so not an Adidas issue, looks cheap to me and cost cutting. Has taking away from all of our jerseys imo.
The replica Adidas shirts have a properly embroidered badge, which costs more money than the cheepo stuff Nike used, to be fair. And they are on a patch for comfort, as nobody likes chaffed nips.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I like how simple it is.

Not fond on the blue tone, but that's what I picture a United shirt. Minimal details, without fecking patterns. Black and red details would be difficult to see, I guess.
Yeah, good luck with that. fecking Chevy.

(yes I'm still complaining about their logo.)

bonusroller

Be careful with buying from dhgate or jersey777 etc at the moment since they don't have the right shirt. Check the pics on those sites vs the fottyheadlines one.

Gopher Brown

How is that 'perfect'?

Incredible how Madrid can put out the same kit every year and people drool over it.
Plain looks best. Fancy gimmicks have diminishing returns every time you look at them. The only reason we have a new kit with fancy bits every year is to lull people into buying the new one.

Kylar Stern

I didn't like the Chevy logo at first but I quite like it now.

I also liked the recent black kit with the orange stripes.

The new black shirt is :drool:

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Plain looks best. Fancy gimmicks have diminishing returns every time you look at them. The only reason we have a new kit with fancy bits every year is to lull people into buying the new one.
Exactly. What's the point of bringing out a kit year on year if it looks almost identical to your last 10 years and dozens of other teams.

For good or for bad you remember the original kits. Tea towel, grey away and the one with OT in the background all stick in your mind.

decorativeed

Can't help feeling that the new away shirt would look far better with some red on it. Perhaps completely replacing the white.

Also, the home kit could have easily been one of our best of the modern era if it just had a white collar. I also think the sleeve ends are too fussy and should have been one colour rather than two.

No amount of tweaking can rescue that third kit though. It's an abomination.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Never really gotten the inherent love for our black kits myself. We've only had one truly great black kit IMO, and that was in 94/95. All the others have a slightly off, fascistic look to me. I much prefer the royal blue ones personally.

The pattern on this one looks pretty naff. And the monochrome badges always look cheap.
the 07/08 one was superb

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
I can't decide whether it would have been genius for the club to release a green and gold away kit at the height of the discontent and reclaim the colours, or if it would have just pissed the fans off even more and driven a bigger wedge between the two sides.
I made a tnread at the time saying just that. All the Glazers had to do was wear a green and gold scarf and that would have been the end of it.

slir32

The black kit is for sale (well it's up on the mannequin at least) in Sydney at the Mick Simmons store.

Robertd0803

Should be wearing our blue away kit if we are the away team in the final. Think it would be the first time ever that we wear a new jersey before the season ends otherwise.

Anyway don't care what we are wearing as long as we win it.

Prodigy24

Here are some 'official' pictures of the new away kit. This is the Adizero player issue version, the more expensive one.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Hm, it's a bit weird that the back is plain black rather than having the design continue all around.

Jaybomb

I like that black kit a lot. I just wish the Chevrolet logo was outlined instead of Gold again.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Any confirmation from anywhere that the away kit is out on wednesday ? Other than footy headlines.

Nick7

Hm, it's a bit weird that the back is plain black rather than having the design continue all around.
isn't there a mandate for the back of jerseys to be black to not interfere with the numbers/names?