Manchester United vs Arsenal (Sat 22nd July, 22:00 UK time)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
you’re right with Zinchenko ofcourse but I think Timber will be better than White when he is settled down. Will be interesting to see Odegaard in the position of Xhaka and Havertz in the 10 position. Or will Havertz play in Xhaka’s position?
Yeah White finally has some competition as Tomiyasu missed the whole season. Will be interesting to see how the competition between him and Timber will play out. It's a positive for them as both of them can play when Saliba needs a rest/is injured. A big step up from the legend that is Rob Holding.

The midfield thing is also intriguing. Feels like Rice is left alone to shield the defense when Partey doesn't play (if he even stays that is) but I think the three that starts today is the one that Arteta plans on using mostly. Not sure if either one of Ødegaard or Havertz have the discipline to play a genuine CM but Rice does cover a huge space so perhaps they don't need them to. Plus Zinchenko or Timber probably move to the centre to help out.

croadyman

What do you think will be Erik's reason for not including Andre in the squad tonight

RedDevilRoshi

how many pre season games have Arsenal had?
The team further along usually has a huge advantage at this stage of pre season
They’ve had 3.

1-1 draws with Watford & Nürnberg & 5-0 win against MLS all-stars

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Not sure why i am nervous for this. Result does not matter.
Mainoo will for sure have a proper test tonight.
I was too, when we played them last season or when we played Tottenham in 2021. A preseason game vs a rival team adds some tension and emotion to it. Yeah it doesn’t matter but it kinda does if that makes sense.

big_jeffstar

First match for most of our team, Arsenal are going to take this really seriously and give us a pasting I reckon… cue it being cut up and shared around social media for the next month when everyone conveniently forgets it’s a pre-season friendly..
you really can’t read anything at all into these games.. remember when Chong was running rings around Skriniar? I thought he was going to be the next Messi

Trex

Probably the likes of Martinez, Varane, Mount and Sancho will play 60 mins after two 45mins appearances. I can see Eriksen and Casemiro subbing in for Mainoo and Fernandes and Garnacho for Rashford.

laughtersassassin

Our squad depth isn't too bad, we can field this team in the second half.

Heaton
Dalot Maguire Lindelof Fernandez
Casemiro
Mctominay Eriksen
Pellistri Rashford Amad​
Just striker is a real problem these days. Really we need to sign 2 assuming MG is given the boot

Robin Your Persie

First match for most of our team, Arsenal are going to take this really seriously and give us a pasting I reckon… cue it being cut up and shared around social media for the next month when everyone conveniently forgets it’s a pre-season friendly..
you really can’t read anything at all into these games.. remember when Chong was running rings around Skriniar? I thought he was going to be the next Messi
And that pre season when we beat Real, inter and liverpool and then proceeded to lose first game of season againest Swansea 2-1 at home.

Pre season results don’t mean Jack.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Wonder if Mainoo is the next one to be called up in a season…

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Any river where I can watch this not on MUTV? All links I find are MUTV, I don't deserve this...

kaku06

You seem so worried. Relax, we’ll survive. Bloody hell :lol:

lex talionis

After the pk’s the captains will meet in the center circle, a basketball hoop will be brought in and they’ll shoot free throws. First to hit 10 wins the match.

criticalanalysis

Sorry if posted already, good evening all.

There's one part of me that is 'wtf is this footballing blasphemy' but there's the other is that is 'ENTERTAINMENT YEAHH BABY'.

Them Americans really do know how to make a show. Imagine a PL or European annual skills challenge/all stars game. The social media interactions would be off the charts.