Manchester United vs. Galatasaray

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Surprised so many are pairing Cleverley with Carrick, they're about as compatible as water and oil.

If Anderson is fit I'd pair him with Cleverley, Nani and Valencia on the wings, Kagawa playing off RvP. Simples.
Eh? Why on Earth are Carrick and Cleverley incompatible?

Also... No Carrick? :houllier:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
As much as I'd like to batter them, our early season form is (as always) a little ropey and I'd happily just take the 3 points on the board. If we win all 3 of our home games, we should have no trouble progressing.

Kaos

Eh? Why on Earth are Carrick and Cleverley incompatible?

Also... No Carrick? :houllier:
Did you watch the Southampton game? Cleverley's urgency in going forward as well releasing the ball early clashed with Carrick's static composure. We got overrun by Southampton's midfield.

Don't get me wrong, my first choice pairing will always be Carrick - Scholes, but considering Scholes played against Wigan I very much doubt he'll be starting tonight. Hence I'd rather pair Cleverley with Anderson who's far more compatible IMO.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Nani

Kagawa

Van Persie​

That's the team I'd fancy for tonight and going by players returning from rests and injuries aswell as players injured I'd bet it's not far wrong. Possibly Cleverley or Scholes in there somewhere though and maybe at the expense of Anderson who has missed a couple games.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Did you watch the Southampton game? Cleverley's urgency in going forward as well releasing the ball early clashed with Carrick's static composure. We got overrun by Southampton's midfield.

Don't get me wrong, my first choice pairing will always be Carrick - Scholes, but considering Scholes played against Wigan I very much doubt he'll be starting tonight. Hence I'd rather pair Cleverley with Anderson who's far more compatible IMO.
Yes I did watch that 1 single game. Cleverley didn't play well at all. There's no reason why they couldn't work together.

Crumpsall Red

is there such a thing?

NM

a real possibility to watch this via stream rather than on my tv :mad:
Tell me about it. Its on Fox Soccer Plus here. One of the few times I'm home for a CL game.. and this SHIT happens.

Maajid

Formerly Mad
No Cris for Gala! Most surprising!

Edit: Muslera; Eboue, Semih, Dany, Hakan; Hamit, Selçuk, Melo, Amrabat; Burak, Umut

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sky says Scholes and De Gea start.

Scholes is a surprise, don't think he can play 3 games in a week. That means no Scholes at Anfield then?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Kagawa, van Persie

According to SSN. That's a fecking beautiful team :keano:

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Scholes starting is a surprise, personally would've kept him back for Liverpool.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
Anderson is really out of favour these days. Haven't seen a whiff of him in a while. I was sure Cleverley would start too. Maybe he'll play at Anfield where we'll need his energy.

wr8_utd

:'(
De Gea; Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Kagawa; Van Persie according to Sky.

Very strong team that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
De Gea

Rafael - Vidic - Ferdinand - Evra

Valencia - Carrick - Anderson - Nani

Kagawa

Van Persie​
Not far off, Anderson for Scholes and Ferdinand for Evans :)

Scholes starting tonight is interesting, could mean Fergie opting for him benched against Liverpool as they have been high tempo, intense games. The sort we need energy to play against.

Unam333

Anderson is really out of favour these days. Haven't seen a whiff of him in a while. I was sure Cleverley would start too. Maybe he'll play at Anfield where we'll need his energy.
I read somewhere Anderson is injured.

Siorac

Scholes starting is a surprise, personally would've kept him back for Liverpool.
Away at Liverpool is precisely the kind of fixture that Scholes shouldn't start. It's the right call imho, he's perfect for this game tonight and we can't "hold back", that led to disaster last season.

Ekeke

No Cris for Gala! Most surprising!

Edit: Muslera; Eboue, Semih, Dany, Hakan; Hamit, Selçuk, Melo, Amrabat; Burak, Umut
Looks a very dangerous lineup. We'll have to make sure we dont allow Hakan time and space to oil up and make sure we arent hit by his ultra

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
No Buttner, No Powell and no Lindegaard. We are going to lose, feck this shit. Im going to build myself a fecking grave to die in once we lose. Bye!

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Away at Liverpool is precisely the kind of fixture that Scholes shouldn't start. It's the right call imho, he's perfect for this game tonight and we can't "hold back", that led to disaster last season.
You probably right though he was excellent their in the FA cup.

wr8_utd

:'(
Seems like Scholes won't be playing at Anfield and that makes sense. Scholes+Carrick really doesn't work there. I think we'll see Carrick+Kagawa+Cleverley.

Danillaco

De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Valencia, Carrick, Scholes, Nani, Kagawa, van Persie

According to SSN. That's a fecking beautiful team :keano:
Superb! And we'll get Nani on Eboue. He is fecked...

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
First time this season both Nani and Valencia have started. Hope they run riot. Good to see Kagawa back too.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Our hero is playing tonight Eboue :D

kps88

You probably right though he was excellent their in the FA cup.
That was at the height of Daglish's uselessness. Liverpool decided to sit back and not do anything for the first half, letting Scholes run the show. I imagine it would be very different this weekend.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
Valencia----Kagawa----Nani
----------Van Persie
You don't get much better then that.