g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Inter Milan (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYAS

This game reminds me of everything wrong with United last year, no one across the midfield runs or passes forward, it's all slow & sideways.

This team is 3 pedigree signings from being anywhere near what we were under Fergie.

We need a top class centre back, but will end up with De Vrej, who is potential. A strong box to box midfielder, Vidal. And a winger who can run at pace and beat people, yet performs, Di Maria.

It doesn't matter who the manager is Trashley Young & Darren Feltcher need to go. The forward line looks like it's moving in treacle.

This isn't Manchester United. I pray Louis turfs half of this dross out.
Signed for Lazio.

Unlikely lad

This is our first real test for how most teams will line up against us in the league. We need to be able to break teams down, that is how you win the league. The 5-3-2 is brilliant for cups or against big teams, but less so when we need to break down teams every week who happily sit back and take a point from United.
Exactly my thoughts. More pace would help, and we'll hopefully see more of that one touch passing we saw glimpses of earlier.

Red One

Do you think this is brilliant football? Quite boring imo, we have had 2 or 3 good attacks but further it was quite slow.
Absolutely mate, we're playing really quick and meaningful passes whereas last year we would keep giving the ball to one of the wingers and cross it repeatedly which used to give mad headaches. IMO, this some of the best football I have seen us play in recent times.

RedStarUnited

I'm so confused reading the comments on here. Some saying we are playing good football, some saying we are shit, I even think I seen 1 comment saying all we are doing Is hoffing the ball forward? Haha guess I'll have to decide for myself when I finish work.
This guy below right? This is why I always try to watch the matches myself. We are passing better than we have done in about 3 years - yes, that includes the end of the Fergy era too. Passing from the back, no useless crosses from the wings, everyone getting involved in the build up. We are heading in to the right direction. But people still want new quick wingers that can not be added to this system :rolleyes:

Shit game so far apart from that one attack. They're pressing us and we hoof it a lot.

mu4c_20le

Nani giving Zaha some tactical advice. Zaha searching for moyes daughter in the crowd.

ctp

I'm so confused reading the comments on here. Some saying we are playing good football, some saying we are shit, I even think I seen 1 comment saying all we are doing Is hoffing the ball forward? Haha guess I'll have to decide for myself when I finish work.
Inter have been defending very deep and we are struggling to break them down, but there were a couple of excellent moves and good possession under pressure. We're just lacking some cutting edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.