Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
I am glad I am on the afternoon shift. Wake up for kick off, watch the match and then back to bloody bed!

Phil

I'm sure it's already been asked but.. It kicks off at 6 minutes past the hour? Que?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Feck it. I'm going to sleep for a bit now and get up at 4 to watch since there is a good stream.

Turamb

Yep, LVG gave him a 3 week break.
wonder if he'll be fit to play the Valencia match if he misses the entire US tour

would like him to get at least one game in before the season starts

Thoraximus

Latin for deep throat
Excited for this, feel for our fans in other countries, the time difference is such a pain.
Wondering whether LVG will go with 5-3-2 because of missing carrick?
Never been this buzzed for a preseason game!

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Looking forward to Van Gaal's first game at the helm. Feels like it's been forever since our last game of the season, mainly because I've been trying to forget that Moyes ever existed.

Missing this game is not really an option for me and that's why I'm deciding to feck up my entire day tomorrow as I'm likely to only get 4 hours of sleep tops. Don't trust myself to go to sleep now and wake up for the game, so staring like a zombie for 4 hours until 6am is sadly the only option.

Andre Kagawa

Stoked about finally getting to see Ander and Shaw playing! :drool: Until then, heres hoping for Cole putting in some nasty tackles to the scouse

GazChesterUtd

it only requires 2 center mids
and 1 attacking mid

center mids we have herrera, cleverly , fletcher injured carrick and .... sigh fellaini...

attacking mids we have mata/kagawa/januzaj rooney who can slot there and a host of other attacking youngsters.

assuming we sign one more CM which we would need reguardless if we play 433 442 4231 and so on we would be quite stocked and wouldnyt need to field 3 Central defenders ... where we would lack is defenders and we aleady lack numbers there anyway... i can see us buying 2 defenders and promoting keane .... we dont have champions league therefor dont need a huge squad
Your quite right in the fact that we still need at least one more midfielder. Also id like to point out that I love the football that 3-5-2 promotes when used correctly. Never had it entered my head that rooney, januzaj, mata etc .. Could play the attacking midfield role which technically is still the 'in behind the striker (strikers in this case)' position.

Great insight ChaddyP. Good work.

themathemagician

Decided to stop lurking and join this revelry!

I missed football, for all of the 9 days or so. :)

Anyone got any good rivers for the game? (Non UK unfortunately :()

themathemagician

It's only 34 minutes past midnight and I'm already flagging.

I can feel myself drifting off every 5 minutes, I don't think I'm going to make it :(
Power nap it, set an alarm. :)

I'm working currently, flicking between 'work' and forum with little regard for who sees my screen. Proper football is back!

detinUnaM

Very excited to watch united play after a long time and that too with LVG's style. I expect a bunch of first teamers to start along with Lingard and couple other kids. Hope we change formations during the game. I want our players to be better tactically and learn to transition into different formations seamlessly which would please LVG.

Alek M

Da manic one
For those wondering why the game is played so late. It is in Los Angeles, and being played at primetime local time, 8pm. It also works great to be played after a game on the eastern cost, which is Liverpool - Roma being played in Boston which started around 1930 eastern time (3 hours ahead of LA).

ChaddyP

2 more hrs to go!! Win or lose I just hope the team starts to play a more exciting brand of football we can be proud of again

Status
Not open for further replies.