Manchester United vs LA Galaxy (Pre-season Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS18_

Game will be on at 5:30 AM here in KSA! Hell i don't get up that early for Uni but it's the summer:keano:.

Mr. Ant

Aren't Fox Sports broadcasting the match in US? If they are than there should be pretty good stream, because most mutv streams are really bad...

Browniee

I never catch preseason friendlies, always manage to miss them. Don't help I have got MUTV.
Hope for a solid performance, no injuries and a nice win.
King Louis' reign begins

ChaddyP

Apart from the fact we have no midfielders and this formation requires 3 of them to start.

it only requires 2 center mids
and 1 attacking mid

center mids we have herrera, cleverly , fletcher injured carrick and .... sigh fellaini...

attacking mids we have mata/kagawa/januzaj rooney who can slot there and a host of other attacking youngsters.

assuming we sign one more CM which we would need reguardless if we play 433 442 4231 and so on we would be quite stocked and wouldnyt need to field 3 Central defenders ... where we would lack is defenders and we aleady lack numbers there anyway... i can see us buying 2 defenders and promoting keane .... we dont have champions league therefor dont need a huge squad

ElectroManiac

ESPN is going to be airing in HD this here on Venezuela. I'm so happy that I won't need a stream for this. Can't wait for this. Finally can star watching United play again.

Brightonian

Not a fan of the 352 idea. Doesn't suit our defenders, and makes us too narrow. Hopefully he's just guessing.

Of course, if we play good football I won't really mind what formation it's in. I just think we'd play better football in a 4231.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Not a fan of the 352 idea. Doesn't suit our defenders, and makes us too narrow. Hopefully he's just guessing.

Of course, if we play good football I won't really mind what formation it's in. I just think we'd play better football in a 4231.

it would be a big advantage to be able to play a few different formations I would have thought? Reckon LvG will go 433 when he has the squad asessed properly?

Alek M

Da manic one
Fox sports 1 formally fox soccer channel will be airing it in USA at 11 pm eastern time. I am on vacation and don't think there is fs1. A river link would be helpful.

The 4th Official

Best guess is Van Gaal will test the waters. The formation he'll play with tonight will most likely be part of his evaluating process and see how the players perform in a game.

AS18_

What do we take from this game? Win or lose, will we know what direction will LVG be steering towards with this team? Or is it too early?

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?

I'd be very glad to see different formations being tested out early on. Feel like we've shoehorned players into our 442/4411 in the past. How many times have we moaned about the lack of control from midfield? Until we get more talented players in the middle, I think it's a good idea to see more bodies in there and let our best attacking talents express themselves rather than always relying on one-trick ponies.

The 4th Official

What do we take from this game? Win or lose, will we know what direction will LVG be steering towards with this team? Or is it too early?
I remember when he was put in charge of the Dutch national team after the Euro 2012 disaster. He came in, had a plan and used the friendly against Belgium to see who was up for his way of play. Get an idea of the players and who was a best fit for his philosophy.

I don't know if he'll use a similar approach to the game vs LA Galaxy. Time will tell.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I'd be very glad to see different formations being tested out early on. Feel like we've shoehorned players into our 442/4411 in the past. How many times have we moaned about the lack of control from midfield? Until we get more talented players in the middle, I think it's a good idea to see more bodies in there and let our best attacking talents express themselves rather than always relying on one-trick ponies.

Totally agree with this. Too much reliance on out of form and injured match winners last season (on top of draconian Dave's tactics)

Gannicus

It's hotter than fekk in Pasadena today. Mid 90s right now, hopefully low 80s by the first whistle. I was planning on making it to the Rose Bowl at 6pm but I don't know if I can sitting around under the hot sun before the sun goes down around 8pm.

It's going to be one helluva a traffic jam tonight with the game going on and Obama jetting into LA tonight.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.

Why wouldn't it suit our defenders? It also allows van Gaal to start Cleverley, Fletcher and Herrera, giving him a chance to assess all three.

tidraKS

can anyone tell me exactly if the game is going to be played at 4:06 or 3:30..

Brightonian

Why wouldn't it suit our defenders? It also allows van Gaal to start Cleverley, Fletcher and Herrera, giving him a chance to assess all three.
I don't mind us trying it out in pre-season, I just meant that I'm not keen on it as a standard formation for us.

It doesn't suit our defenders because our full-backs are both good at defending, Shaw particularly, and thus wasted as wingbacks. And people are saying that we don't have enough CBs to sustain a pair at the back all season, let alone a trio. That would require all our current senior CBs to play every game.

Zii

Will this be on acestream or a good quality p2p? cant be arsed with some shoddy flash river

Tarrou

I think I'm gonna try and stay awake now. I'm shit at waking up early, and I really don't wanna miss this game.

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
I don't mind us trying it out in pre-season, I just meant that I'm not keen on it as a standard formation for us.

It doesn't suit our defenders because our full-backs are both good at defending, Shaw particularly, and thus wasted as wingbacks. And people are saying that we don't have enough CBs to sustain a pair at the back all season, let alone a trio. That would require all our current senior CBs to play every game.
I reckon Rafael would make a decent wing back tbh. We probably will use 4 at the back during the season though, yeah.

Zii

I thought about doing that, but I probably won't wake up.
I'm just going to watch it on VOD later in the day. I'm not bothered about the score, I just want to see if all that head down and smash it or long ball approach has gone.

Sparky Rhiwabon

If this line up is correct would appear to be 3-5-2. Holland MK 2

DDG

Jones - Smalling - Evans

Rafael - Herrera - Cleverley - Shaw

Mata

Rooney - Welbeck

RetroStu

I'm just going to watch it on VOD later in the day. I'm not bothered about the score, I just want to see if all that head down and smash it or long ball approach has gone.
I don't think Van Gaal has had long enough to instill his philosophy yet, i hope i'm wrong though!.

I don't suppose anyone will be recording the game and putting it on Youtube or something?.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really want to watch this but I don't think I can stay up.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
So guess I'll have to get up 4.30 for this one. Always weird to watch games in the early ours of the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.