g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Leeds (Wed 17th July, 12:00 UK time)

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
meanwhile Pogba walking around in midfield while others chase to close down

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Bailly and the medic, easily our most stable partnership.

el3mel

Very good half offensively. Terrible defensively. Rojo, Mata and Bailly are done for.

diarm

Shaw for Rojo, Maguire for Bailly and a good midfielder in for Mata and this is a fine looking side.

LingiBW

Good thing its only pre-season. We haven't been as scintillating but better it happens now with room to improve.

luke511

Dan James and AWB looking like revelations, Mata looking well out of place.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Bailly and the medic, easily our most stable partnership.
This made me laugh out loud in real life!

Decent first half. Some good football played. Leeds could've scored a couple of times but, when we've had the ball, we've looked decent. Glad to see Mason get a goal and Rashford looks in the mood. A lot of positives to take from that. Shame James couldn't get off the mark late on, would've done his confidence a lot of good.

Raven

Decent half of football. Good to see Greenwood get his goal. Excellent goal from Rashford as well.

OleGunnar20

Mata? He’s been pretty good. Gave some great passes into the box and connects midfield and attack.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, he's just too easy to push off the ball for me. 2 or 3 times that DM (Phillips is it?) has basically walked right through him, resulting in a counter attack.

Feel like Gomes would bring many of his positives along with better ball retention when pressured.

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Dan James support run for Rashy had me in awe. Surely he's one of the fastest players in Europe? Because that ridiculous.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We need one more midfielder. They are just cutting through us.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I absolutely love McTominay. Bailly, Mata and Rojo confirming what we already know, also Lindelof was exceptionally quiet. Rashford, Pogba, James and Wan-Bissaka were all good. Greenwood finally gets his goal, hopefully the first of many. Bit open at the back but we didn't half look dangerous every time we went forward.

andeeeeyhart

Not a bad first half at all. Don't see any real weak links, bar maybe Bailly and Rojo.

Mata's been mostly fine, surprising some are scapegoating him for absolutely nothing.

RedDevilRoshi

HT 2-0

Started off excellently then Leeds got more into the game and created some very good chances.

Overall we’ve done well but need to do much better defensively. It’s pre-season and a lot for Ole and the coaching staff to take from that half.

Canagel

Not impressed tbh. We don't have enough control in the match and better teams can really damage us. Looks like its going to be more of last seasons football.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
James Rashford and Greenwood all having moments today.

Hopefully this can be carried into real football games from August onwards!

siw2007

Quite an open game. We have just about done enough defensively but our play out has been quite lacklustre at times, most chances we have conceded has been us losing the ball in stupid positions because we couldn’t quite get past that press. Food for thought here.

Otherwise, we have been exciting in the final third. Very quick and could have scored a few more.

Nickosaur

Most looking forward to seeing Tuanzebe and Gomes in the next half.

I can see why we extended Mata's contract, he's a great guy to have around. But Gomes needs to be getting his minutes now. Mata is far too slow and weak.

Patrick08

Love Dan James already. Hard luck with the finish though great supporting run. Good pace and workrate.