Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Playing a possession based game with Hernandez on the field is like having 10 men :/
Right at the end when he should of played the player on the left (either rooney or shaw, couldnt tell) through, and goes for goal. Sums him up really.

Glanville95

Poor half. Only Young and Shaw have played well in the first half, everyone else has been a bit meh or downright poor. Liverpool deservedly in front.

Kakeru

Shaw and Young should start the season as 1st choice wingbacks.
Can't argue against that based on what we have seen in the tour.

However, there are some people who will surely get the flamethrower broadside as we write this.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
When we've had possession, we've looked decent. Some sloppy passes, Liverpool just edging it and probably deserve the lead.

Shaw's done well I think. Need to get Mata more involved. The 3CBs need to be less afraid with what to do with the ball. De Gea remains awesome.

Even in pre-season, Gerrard is a cnut.

walsh

That wasn't great, the defence looking shaky and uncertainty spread to the rest of the team. Still plenty out there to get a goal or two second half but you can tell that our team are learning on the job.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
Rooney with his famous drop the shoulder>cross field pass move. Fletch has really slowed our passing down, lacks any urgency where he was completely the opposite vs Madrid.
this, Rooney seems to only have one trick when he plays behind the striker. Fletcher seem laboured

vibe

Nothing impressive from either team so far. Liverpool looking more attacking, but our transition up the field is far smoother.

A penalty that wouldn't have been given in the PL is the decider so far. Stalemate otherwise. Not impressed with the way we've been playing so far. If we play the way we played against Real, we'd have trounced them. Hope van Gaal gives them a good talking to at HT.

Pathetic Fletcher. Shows how desperately we need a Vidal or similar in midfield. With Carrick and Fletcher as our only options, we might actually be staring at another season outside CL.

Poor swan song for Chicha. Maybe he'd do good at Soton.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So i am the only one who thinks that Mata has been poor ?

RikRuud

Fletcher and Herrera need to switch, Herrera is too deep and Fletch lacks the creativity to play that last killer pass.

Blue always red

I feel like Herrera and Fletch are the ones struggling today. They don't appear to be showing for the back Three enough. They look a little static to me. I hope Louis words 'em up at the break. We should beat this lot the way I see it.
Agree with this. Neither of them are showing for the ball quick enough when the defence is pressed and I'm not sure why Herrera is not getting forward more? Surely the 31 year old Fletch should be the one holding and not the other way around?

Wing-backs have been our biggest attacking threat of that half to be honest. BR has Liverpool pressing very well and we can't cope atm. Is time to bring Cleverley on I think.

kps88

Liverpool doing a good job of pressing us high up and we're struggling to play it out most of of time.

Ekeke

Evans looking very dodgy at the back, Jones being rash with the penalty doesnt help either. Fletcher with his suspect passing losing the ball is another problem

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I can only imagine what Sky commentator is talking about because Paddy is calling for booking at every decision against L'pool.:lol:
He's rubbing United's nose in it about last season every chance he gets.

Relegation

Young's crosses the best thing about this first half. He does shit himself sometimes when under pressure on his own half, though. Liverpool have been very compact.

gbgary

not a bad half. couple of dicey defensive moments but we're used to that. both team's pressing has been effective. second half should be good.

Ling

Jones will never make it as defender at top level. So far Liverpool were much, much better, playing really nice football. United need much more than LVG to handle physical, pressing sides.

Devil may care

We don't move up through the gears quick enough when we break as we don't really have players that can motor with the ball,. seeing Mata get chased down and passed by Gerrard exemplified this issue.

We've passed it ok in spots and Shaw and Young have done well enough, but some of the sloppiness from Fletcher and the back 3 has been disappointing.

Red Rebel

Said it before, Mata can't play in a high tempo game.

United squad is broken.

iam_kramer

Mata needs to get more involved in the three along with Herrera and Fletch. Fletch having a bit of a nightmare, but Herrera has done well. Shaw coming on was good, Young has done well too on occasions. Chicharito lacking. need to create more chances.

Still can't believe Chicha missed that one

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
No, he is already training with Fellaini and RvP.
Thanks.

Pretty dull half overall. Lucky that Liverpool didn't get a 2nd penalty, clear foul.

Fletcher is looking sluggish as hell, I hope it's just the wear and tear of the preseason. Herrera underwhelming, but apart from Shaw and Young (and DDG), so was everybody else.

This may have been the last we've seen of Chicharito in a united jersey.

Winrar

Our CBs need to stop shitting their pants whenever the opposition goes forward, we also seemed to lose all the composure we had throughout the tournament as well. Shaw and Young looked good, but I see no future for Hernandez here.

We looked good in patches but easily the worst performance I've seen so far from our players this tour. Van Gaal needs to wake our players up, no way he was happy with that performance

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Maybe now some of the more smug fans won't talk of 4th as if it's a given!!

Just so glad that united are getting a proper challenge finally! Big questions being asked of the players and manager. Fascinating to see how they respond.
Agreed. Very good test for us.

WyoManU

So much for the euphoria of our preseason performances. Most of our play looks pretty bad. Our passing under Liverpool pressure has been poor. Defense looks uncomfortable on the ball. Young is finally showing his true colors to LVG. Their midfield 3 isn't allowing Mata and Rooney to get on the ball much in dangerous areas. Fletcher and Herrera look average. Shaw doesn't wanna take people on anymore. All that being said, I don't think Liverpool look all that good either.

bugmat

Wow - did we just fly in from Australia for this game? :lol:

Apart from Herrera, Shaw & Young I don't think anyone has broken a sweat with all the jogging we're doing, especially the CBs. Fletch has been awful & slow too... too many games in a short period? We might have to pace him like we used to do with Rio.

2 CBs, a wingback and another CM please Woody!

Raw

United just look so tired out there. Liverpool have been a lot sharper and we've been pointlessly giving balls away, making stupid decisions.

Could easily have been 1-1 though, so that's something.

DeMono

Thank god for this match. It highlights that our defence and midfield are weak. Now we will do transfers.

HOWEVER, we have only been practising this new formation for 2 weeks and the training session were 'open training session' due to the amount of travelling!

Status
Not open for further replies.