Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Mignolet, Lovren, Sakho, Moreno, Gerrard, Henderson, Sterling and Sturridge will all be in our best eleven I would think. The other three positions depend upon what Rodgers wants to do in that particular match.
How much do you think Gerrard has left in him?
My boss is a massive Liverpool fan, and he thinks that this season could really show.

On paper, it looks a good team, but with your wingbacks wanting to get forward a lot, do you think you could be exposed at the back a lot?
It's going to be new, so I know its hard to judge, but taking away Suarez's goals and assists, I can't see you scoring as many, so need to tighten up at the back (Just my view)

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
"I don't know. They are taking it rather seriously (the whole pre-season). We are using the pre-season the way it should be used. Could be a borefest, actually, with possession between the teams being roughly equal, but them possibly having more shots. Not sure on who gets the goals though."

Rawk.. playing 20 players 45 mins per game equals taking pre-season more serious, therefore we might just win...

Barney

"We're going to smash them (Crystal Palace)"
Supports
Liverpool
How much do you think Gerrard has left in him?
My boss is a massive Liverpool fan, and he thinks that this season could really show.

On paper, it looks a good team, but with your wingbacks wanting to get forward a lot, do you think you could be exposed at the back a lot?
It's going to be new, so I know its hard to judge, but taking away Suarez's goals and assists, I can't see you scoring as many, so need to tighten up at the back (Just my view)
Hard question to answer really. I think he'll be fine this season. I can see us conceding ten or so less regardless of whether Stevie is a regular just by having better players. Lovren and Moreno should hopefully prove to be big improvements on what we had last season.

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
This match does have a bit more at stake for United for we are the club with changes on a bigger scale than Liverpool. Agreed that Liverpool have also lost Suarez and will need to prove they can remain competitive without him. For them though any loss would be chalked off as pre-season and it wouldn't affect the player/fan morale as much as it normally would.

For us, we have this wave of euphoria in the wake of Van Gaal appointment and change in football style since then (rightfully so) that if we don't win this thing it could dampen our progress just that bit more. Wouldn't be the end all for sure, but it would be sour. Having said that, if we beat the scouse the moral lift that we could get could be similar to momentum we had after the 5-1 drubbing of Fulham in '07.

Can't wait another 3 hours for this...
There is nothing at stake in this match.......it's a pre season game that will have 0 impact on the coming season. The only way it can is if some players falls over breaking his leg in the shite weather

Patchbeard

I presume most will be staying up for this? work or not.

Was just about to go to bed til I clicked on here..and realised this was tonight. Assumed it was Wednesday for no apparent reason. Not mentally prepared to stay up another 5 hours and get 3 hours kip before work :(

Whiskey Red

Supports
Liverpool
Hard question to answer really. I think he'll be fine this season. I can see us conceding ten or so less regardless of whether Stevie is a regular just by having better players. Lovren and Moreno should hopefully prove to be big improvements on what we had last season.
I would say its his last season as a regular unless he goes all Pirlo on our ass! I think even this season you will begin to see the transition to a liverpool with no Gerrard.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
I assume that you are saying that your best eleven this year will be:
Mingolet
Johnson - Lovren - Skrtle - Moreno
Gerrard - Henderson
Lallana
Markovic - Sturridge - Sterling
Just interested
Replace Markovic with Coutinho, Johnson with Flanagan and Skrtel with Sakho and that should probably be their best starting XI.

Happytom82

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
balls. 2 in the morning in norway. starting a new fm game with the newest lfcmarshall-update

Sam

You can tell Liverpool fans don't care about this game, as evidenced by constantly posting in this thread about how much they don't care about it.
:lol::lol:

I think its called getting your excuses in early.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
You can tell Liverpool fans don't care about this game, as evidenced by constantly posting in this thread about how much they don't care about it.
Oh the irony. It's like they've begun the first of their 5 stages of grief before the match even started.

The_Order

Liverpool tend to turn it up to 11 when they face us, I know we've been playing but let's not get carried away here

.Rossi

ever get that feeling of déjà vu?
Yall just butt hurt u have to wait till 2 am on a Monday to watch the game :lol:
Early riser, enjoy my games, butt hurt.....Bloody hell, this thread got very sexual all of a sudden...

Either way, I have no life, live alone and am single....I can stay up as late as I want, whilst gorging myself in chicken

Status
Not open for further replies.