Manchester United vs Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

northbynorthwest

Two things stuck out to me today:

1. Lambert is a cracker. Nobody will be missing Suarez with him in the team.
2. Sterling reminds me of Prince. Not the good Purple Rain Prince, more the Artist Formely Known as Prince Prince.
I thought he looked like grace jones

El-Manos

On a positive note for Liverpool, 2 potential great wingers in Ibe and Sterling. Well, Sterling already looks the part and will be vital for them this season.

Trizy

Delighted Shaw was play with the confidence he lacked in previous games, he's gonna be a boss.

Raw

On a positive note for Liverpool, 2 potential great wingers in Ibe and Sterling. Well, Sterling already looks the part and will be vital for them this season.
Sterling was torturing us all night, very good prospect. Hope Januzaj develops as well as he has.

redevil2

my original prediction would have stood if not for the unfortunate penalty! Haha... We are 2014 Guinness ICC Champions

Turamb

as horrible as we played in the first half, I didn't think Liverpool looked dangerous at all

if not for the penalty we would have controlled this

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
I was not happy about our passing while bringing ball back to front and De Gea's distribution was awful.

kundalini

Much improved 2nd half performance. Thought Blackett was excellent. Cleverley did well. Nani was impressive, Kagawa good apart from his poor touch that set up Lingard's goal. Super pass from Herrera in the build up to Rooney's goal. Great cross from Hernandez and super finish from Rooney. Lucky deflection from Mata, especially since they had one that went just wide early in the 2nd half. Far fewer poor passes though Wayne giving away that corner towards the end was shocking. Super strike from Lingard. Young impressive again. Plenty of committed challenges from us. Smalling defended well so did Jones in that half.

Not totally convinced we deserved to win overall but we got the goals. Plenty for LVG to think about. Blackett looks worth a place in the starting 11 to me.

The United Irishman

"Martial is championship material at best"
Two things stuck out to me today:

1. Lambert is a cracker. Nobody will be missing Suarez with him in the team.
2. Sterling reminds me of Prince. Not the good Purple Rain Prince, more the Artist Formely Known as Prince Prince.
He looks really feminine like a 14 year old girl feminine

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Few personal conclusions from pre- season...
Young and Shaw deserve to be first choice wing-backs.
Playing Mata in his best position will prove lethal.
Blackett and Keane have futures with the club.
van Gaal is a world class football manager.
We still need a midfielder.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
we've won 4 out of 5 matches in 90 minutes of play, won the other 1 on penalties.
but here's where it gets interesting...we've scored 15 goals from open play. and conceded only 1. with amos on goal. scored from behind the halfway line.
yes we've had too many penalties taken/scored on us, but still...I really am amazed at how much of a difference LVG has made so far, even if it's preseason.
Moyes, I hope you do well in life, really...but your ineptitude last season was beyond bareable and I'm glad as feck that the board had the guts to sack you and replace you with a manager who knows how to do his job properly (forget this preseason, his track record is more than enough)

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Delighted Shaw was play with the confidence he lacked in previous games, he's gonna be a boss.
Great to see him charging forward. Looked completely different in the second half than the first/any other match.

He's so bloody quick too.

0ne-eyed_joe

Few personal conclusions from pre- season...
Young and Shaw deserve to be first choice wing-backs.
Playing Mata in his best position will prove lethal.
Blackett and Keane have futures with the club.
van Gaal is a world class football manager.
We still need a midfielder.
Agreed. I feel Jesse is just as promising though.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
When we sign a few over the next 2 weeks you will all be buzzing for the new season.

bugmat

Well Louis showing his quality - correct subs Blackett was immense! Smalling looked composed and Jones recovered. Youngy looks a different beast at wingback. Shaw was good...we opened them up 2nd half. Glad Jesse scored again..hope he gets a chance this year.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Really encouraging stuff here. It brings me great joy to see players like Young prove the lot of us wrong, me especially, and show up to play. Based on his preseason form, he really is almost like a new signing. Can't say the same for some of the others who have been poor last season or two. Nani most certainly will be on his way out.

Blackett came out of nowhere and played like he's been a first teamer for years and I can't wait to see more of him. Same goes for Lingard, though I was already aware of his quality. And had Welbeck been in the starting lineup, who knows, we could have had more goals, but I'm more than happy with the result.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I have to take back everything I've said about Ashely Young, he has impressed be so much on this tour, credit where credit is due. I would play him RWB ahead of Valencia

Status
Not open for further replies.