Manchester United vs Olympique Lyonnais (Wed 19th July, 14:00 UK time)

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Ironic that our 2nd team have scored 3 goals in less time than our first team have scored 0 goals this pre season, really highlights our need for a striker

Sylar

Great finish, and also a great cross.

Funny enough, I was thinking, when VDB had a chance before, he did some weird backheel instead of shooting.

mu4c_20le

Great finish, and also a great cross.

Funny enough, I was thinking, when VDB had a chance before, he did some weird backheel instead of shooting.
That was his first chance in almost two years.

Spark

Know VDB is basically dead man walking at United, but fecking hell do I want him to still have a good career at United.

Also Gore seems exciting.

Nogbadthebad

I don;t think that individually this group of youngsters compare to the 92 lot, there is no giggs or scholes in there, but they play better as a unit than any team I've seen wearing the shirt since Sir Alex retired.

Dazzmondo

Did Lyon make many subs? We look better in this half tbh, mainly because we have a target up front to aim at

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Disagree alot with this. Amad has had a lot of part of our play with Mount and Hannibal. His passing has been good and apart from his finishing it has been good.
Antony and Sancho have constantly been the stop to our attacks with poor touches and bad decisions.

Its pre season and both are playing out of position so not much you can truly judge from this match, but fair is fair those two have been a level below the rest.
Amad:
  • 32 touches, 7 possession lost
  • 78% passing, 1 chance created
Antony
  • 30 touches, 5 possession lost
  • 95% passing, 1 chance created
Sancho
  • 79% passing, 1 chance created
  • 19 touches, 5 possession lost
Amad naturally a bit more involved as he played a bit deeper but he's literally lost the ball more often than either of those 2. They were extremely similar and for me it's purely down to judging a youngster vs an experienced first teamer and different expectations. Swap the names on the shirt and people would say the same thing that it was Amad who played well and the others were poor. They did the same things!

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Did Lyon make many subs? We look better in this half tbh, mainly because we have a target up front to aim at
None yet I believe. But they're about to.

Dazzmondo

Thought Gore kinda disappeared in 1st game, looks much more confident so far in this game. Hope it continues, a lot of talent there

SB16

In 20-odd years of watching United pre-season games, I don't think there has been one match when the MUTV commentators haven't jokingly moaned about the raft of substitutions about to be made in the second half. Tiresome.

mu4c_20le

I don't believe for a split second that Hugill couldn't have done what Wout did last season. He also looks like Usain Bolt compared to him.

Lyng

Amad:
Antony
Sancho
Amad naturally a bit more involved as he played a bit deeper but he's literally lost the ball more often than either of those 2. They were extremely similar and for me it's purely down to judging a youngster vs an experienced first teamer and different expectations. Swap the names on the shirt and people would say the same thing that it was Amad who played well and the others were poor. They did the same things!
Antony has turned backwards almost every time he received the ball. Same with Sancho in fact. Amad has tried to be far more direct. No point discussing it a lot though since its pre season.

Gandalf

Kovar also looks good enough to be a number two surely, obviously not many saves to make but his composure on the ball is very impressive or be it slightly risky. Don’t really understand these Suzuki links.
Kovar would be wasted as a number 2 as we don't play our backup much. He is 23, just won the title with Sparta Prague and was named GK of the year in the Czech league, would be hugely wasteful to sit him on the bench for 12 months. Sparta want him back and are playing in the CL this season so we will most likely send him back out on loan or sell to Sparta with a huge sell on fee built in.

Red-17

I know we're missing 1 or 2 players but those alone won't make up for the lack of quality. It's a long season ahead and we could end up like last year's Chelsea if we aren't careful.
Onana, Casemiro, Shaw, Rashford, Bruno...those are quite literally all of our best players apart from Martinez. How many games did we play without all of those players available? If there were any, I doubt we looked great in that game.

Wrecking ralf

Have we got everyone back for re next game then. When we go to the states. Wrexham isn’t it next. 25th?

cyberman

I know we're missing 1 or 2 players but those alone won't make up for the lack of quality. It's a long season ahead and we could end up like last year's Chelsea if we aren't careful.
Based on one half of our second pre season game we could be one of the worst teams in the entire league for a 5 months spell..
Behave

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Amad:
Antony
Sancho
Good to see Sancho doing his usual hiding from the ball routine.

Eric_the_Red99

The way Lyon are flying in with the tackles you’d think this was a relegation dogfight 6-pointer rather than a pre-season friendly in July. Calm down lads.