g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Manchester United vs Saudi Atletico Arabia | Carabao Cup Final Build-up Thread (Sun 26 Feb) | Pope suspended, Dubravka cup-tied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Oh aye, the long suffering Geordies will be out in force, taking over London as they're a passionate bunch! Telling all their ma's they wont be home for tea as they'll be in WEMBERLY.

No doubt the entire 90's Newcastle cavalry will be out too, messers Shearer, Beardsely, Shay Given and any other bastard they can muster. What a story too, from doom and gloom to league cup winners within a year. Top job he's done, Eddie. Media creaming themselves. feck these lot, I can't wait to beat em!!

DavelinaJolie

I ver much doubt we'll batter them, given how good their defence has been this season.

Can dream though.

Lights Out

Kick-off is 16:30 UK time according to the club and Wembley website.

Just mentioning as other times have been mentioned in thread

AJ VII

Will probably be the most boring and frustrating match all season. They will fake injuries after every duel, spend 90 seconds to take throwins, freekicks and goalkicks. By far the worst team entertaining wise in the history of the PL.

We need to score as fast as possible to prevent them from shutting down the match and ruin a cup final. We must play one touch fotball with heavy pace from the start and stop them from shithousing this game.

Not looking forward to this game at all. Not because I fear their quality, just because they represent the worst football has to offer, on and off the pitch.

Let's smash them and kickstart our dominans under ETH!

I’m loving my life

So we’re having to negotiate a bunch of plastic fans from a doped up nothing club being giddy about ‘achieving’ a final place, a shit house team, cheating for 90 minutes, a nation state, having to avoid potential abductions and dismemberment if we win, the partisan English media hellbent on Newcastle winning, the lopsided fixtures and FA/PL deciding to clog our schedules, infeasible decisions being ruled against us pretty much every match…..will make it all so much sweeter if we win!

ElectroManiac

Let's smash this New Saudi Castle cnuts.

I think it will be a cagey game, and their defence is pretty good, but we have enough quaility to open them up

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
So their Bruno isn’t out for this game? Just the league games?

rk4utd

Back in 99 we walked passed a bunch of the deckchairs on Wembley way before the game carrying European cup tin foil replicas - we didn’t ask….just nodded and thought, that figures…they will have The Torch pitched out from the night before no doubt….best supporters ever, of course.

CM

The Guimaraes stuff is a bit of a scandal. Maguire got yellows in consecutive rounds of the League Cup and was suspended for the first leg of Forest. Guimaraes receives a red in the second leg of the semi and is fine to play the final. Make it make sense.

Loon

:lol:
This is the time for Ten Hag to show without doubt he's the man for the job. Deliver the trophy. Get the tactics right and get United's momentum increasing. Don't be undone by Eddie Howe.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The Guimaraes stuff is a bit of a scandal. Maguire got yellows in consecutive rounds of the League Cup and was suspended for the first leg of Forest. Guimaraes receives a red in the second leg of the semi and is fine to play the final. Make it make sense.
I think we also had a couple of players yesterday at risk of missing the final if they got yellows.

The fact you serve yellows in the same comp but reds are all domestic competitions is about as dumb as it gets. Probably done so players cannot miss games from the same cup multiple years in a row but there should be a provision for at least a match suspension given a red card.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Neither team are relying on this for European qualification so that takes the pressure off ever so slightly

But we must absolutely win even if it’s a scrappy unintentional header from Maguire in the 93rd min.

DE LIGT

I have already dreamed about us winning it, question is who is going to lift the trophy? Bruno or Maguire, or maybe both…?

mancsarered

I have already dreamed about us winning it, question is who is going to lift the trophy? Bruno or Maguire, or maybe both…?
Maguire going to do a Terry full kit wanker to lift the trophy he had no hand in winning? :lol:

Watching Newcastle today, all we need to do is score first and it should be comfortable. There's no goals in that team.

Dolf

Maguire going to do a Terry full kit wanker to lift the trophy he had no hand in winning? :lol:

Watching Newcastle today, all we need to do is score first and it should be comfortable. There's no goals in that team.
Score 2 goals and it’s ours.

CloneMC16

Both should lift it. Maguire should be embarrassed to lift it on his own.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I don’t think the Carabao / League cup has ever felt this important, at least since I’ve been supporting the club. For the new manager, for this group of players and most importantly for this club to go five years without a trophy, makes this absolutely vital.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That thread title!
Will we change our own name if we have a similar take over!

Devil81

I don’t think the Carabao / League cup has ever felt this important, at least since I’ve been supporting the club. For the new manager, for this group of players and most importantly for this club to go five years without a trophy, makes this absolutely vital.
Not as important as this but Sir Alex won it with Rooney and Ronaldo and it was the gateway to an incredible period for United.

Never forget Ruud walking round the pitch after the game heartbroken because he was made to sit it out.

Yakuza_devils

I'm quite confident as Newcastle starting to lose form. By then we will have Casemeiro, Antony, Martial and AWB back.

I’m loving my life

It wouldn’t matter who was the ref. Whoever was picked, they will all be cut up worrying about of the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.