Manuel Neuer

friendlytramp

More full of crap than a curry house toilet
That rules this out completely then. Fair enough if he wants to stay in Germany. Bayern are a giant of a club, who need a keeper and have the possibility of acquiring the German number 1. Absolute no brainer. VDS reckons the replacement is already lined up anyway so we've clearly done our research.
Al habsi

Trigg

aka Trippin_Stoned
:lol: Most German stadiums (except for the Allianz Arena) are world-famous for their great atmosphere and he comes from a club with very intense, passionate fans. I doubt he'll be too impressed on Wednesday.
Champions League Semi Final at OT, the place should be decent enough I think.

DocRockter

But seriously that trip to Manchester will be a BIG factor to his decision(if he is still thinking about it). The tie as a whole could just make the difference in his mind..

jeston

It won't. More quotes today from Rummenigge saying he's not leaving Germany.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
But seriously that trip to Manchester will be a BIG factor to his decision(if he is still thinking about it). The tie as a whole could just make the difference in his mind..
No, it wont. He has mind his mind up, and he said he will not move abroad

Blair

You can't grudge the lad a move to Bayern anyway, they're massive. Germans see Bayern like the latin players see Barca/R. Madrid.

Godfather

You can't grudge the lad a move to Bayern anyway, they're massive. Germans see Bayern like the latin players see Barca/R. Madrid.
Oh you can.
I can't understand how a normal thinking guy would change to a club whose fans don't want you at all.

He seems to be a right chuff. "I don't want to go abroad" and all that.
Probably henpecked too as his girlfriend is from Munich as well.

Cina

Most English players would pick Utd over Barca or Real given the chance. Hardly much different over there.

Problem is there's no talent in England.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Interestingly Butt has signed a contract extension at Bayern today, he's their current no 1 isn't he? Why would he sign a new deal if they were buying Neuer?

Cina

Maybe they want some Neuer Butt at the team?

I'll get my coat.

Godfather

Interestingly Butt has signed a contract extension at Bayern today, he's their current no 1 isn't he? Why would he sign a new deal if they were buying Neuer?
But Kraft hasnt. He is leaving as he wants to become number one keeper and feels he can't now that Bayern are after Neuer.
I think Butt will be their second keeper

Doogie

He's 36 and doesn't look to be anywhere near his best anymore. I think he'll gladly settle for being no 2 next season.

Widnes

Most English players would pick Utd over Barca or Real given the chance. Hardly much different over there.

Problem is there's no talent in England.
There is a bit of a difference because the English League is not only much better than the German league it's head and shoulders above any other division on the planet including La Liga.

And there is plenty of talent in England.

Cina

There is a bit of a difference because the English League is not only much better than the German league it's head and shoulders above any other division on the planet including La Liga.

And there is plenty of talent in England.
Err yeah, in the last 3 or 4 years.

In the past it wasn't.

Widnes

In the past it wasn't.
To be honest the english league has always been one of the most competive leagues around while the club sides have usually done well in european competitions, and with the monoply in spain and the dire condition the italian league is in it looks like the Premier League is going to be the best for some time to come.

It's upto Neuer if he wants to stay in his homeland but nobody can deny from a professional side then moving to England would be a big step up.

Cal?

CR7 fan

In the past it wasn't.
A quick search reveals this:

Total number of EC/CL wins: La Liga 12, Serie A 12, Prem 11, Bundesliga 6.

I'd say the difference is significant.

Godfather

To be honest the english league has always been one of the most competive leagues around while the club sides have usually done well in european competitions, and with the monoply in spain and the dire condition the italian league is in it looks like the Premier League is going to be the best for some time to come.

It's upto Neuer if he wants to stay in his homeland but nobody can deny from a professional side then moving to England would be a big step up.
This.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
yeh he was brought in to the club as second choice to begin with, experienced back-up for Rensing. but he became number one after Rensing failed to impress, besides i think he is going to be offered a coaching role after he finishes his playing career at Bayern.

Widnes

A quick search reveals this:

Total number of EC/CL wins: La Liga 12, Serie A 12, Prem 11, Bundesliga 6.

I'd say the difference is significant.
I could be wrong but 4 different winners from the English league I would assume is a record not matched by any other nation as well.

Shimo

Q&A with Schalke goalkeeper Manuel Neuer - ESPN Soccernet

There is more Q&A with him but, this is what pertains most to transfer stuff.

Manchester United are one of the teams interested in signing you, so you must be eager to impress against them?
United scouts have come to Germany to watch me in the past and I'm absolutely flattered, but a move to England was not an option for me at this stage. Anyway, I want to forget about this transfer story for now as we have a big game at Old Trafford to look forward to and I know what this game means to our brilliant supporters.

Final question on your future: is it true that you have already agreed a deal to join Bayern Munich?
At this moment, I cannot say for sure where I will be next season because I leave that to other people, but I don't expect it will be in England even though I respect the football and culture of that great football country.

jeston

I had a dream the other night where I was trying to convince Neuer to come to United. Then he fell in love with me and left some flowers/chocolates outside my room and I woke up shortly after, pretty disappointed.

Partly because he's not actually in love with me, I'll admit.

Blair

I had a dream the other night where I was trying to convince Neuer to come to United. Then he fell in love with me and left some flowers/chocolates outside my room and I woke up shortly after, pretty disappointed.

Partly because he's not actually in love with me, I'll admit.
That's a pretty wierd thing to be dreaming about mate.

Kinky Melinky

Good post

Lailiani

(Sadly not) Banned
This is the Neuer that I know from watching Bundesliga matches.

/thread
Which Bundesliga are you following?

Neuer was and is a world-class keeper. One game doesn't make a player and one game doesn't break a player.

But I don't expect anything else from this place. People jump on the 'buy him, Fergie!!!!!' train based on one single game and jump off it again based on one single game.

jeston

This is the Neuer that I know from watching Bundesliga matches.

/thread
Bizarre.

Which Bundesliga are you following?

Neuer was and is a world-class keeper. One game doesn't make a player and one game doesn't break a player.

But I don't expect anything else from this place. People jump on the 'buy him, Fergie!!!!!' train based on one single game and jump off it again based on one single game.
Don't tarnish everyone with the same brush please.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It was always going to happen.

Moston Red

Formerly Giggs1973
All great goalies make the odd howler.

Probably feeling the pressure after SAFs minds games with him in the last leg :smirk:

Nucks

RT History Department
Wow. This isn't a howler by any means.

Both goals were extremely difficult saves.

The second especially, Gibson hammered it from about 10 yards out. He had no chance to really react.