Marcel Sabitzer | Signs for United

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwards6

Looked class at Leipzig, not worked out for him at Bayern but still think it's a good signing. We needed midfield cover even before the Eriksen injury so definitely now

Brophs

The One and Only
This seems like an eminently sensible move. Good player, right age and profile and he should hit the ground running. We were never getting FDJ or anyone like that in this window, even if we did have a pot to piss in.

Wrecking ralf

Would he be the first Austrian playing for United? Can't fix of any since the 90s at least, but that doesn't necessarily mean much. :)
Pretty sure he would be, unless there has been some young kid that didn’t break through. For the first team though I’d say yes.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
I'm always amazed how many long time posters here don't actually watch much football other than United.
Why? As you get older you have so many other responsibilities, like kids, family, full time job etc. Sometimes it's a struggle to even watch United games let alone other matches :lol:

fergiewherearethou

Supports
Erik ten Hag
If he was any good why doesn't bayern play him?

Thats my first and foremost question.
Actually, he played 54 games in 1.5 years at Bayern which is absolutely ok, he is no star, let's be honest, otherwise they wouldn't have agreed to this.
I don't expect him to make us better, but I hope we will just not look worse without any decent options.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Murtough got hammered last year but he's done a good job in the last 12 months. We move a lot quicker these days, or at least it seems that way.
Suspected we may have an iron in the fire to be so bold about Eriksen’s injury with the window still open. You’d want to give the bad news before sharing the good news.

sepulturite

What the feck? Went to the gym today presuming we weren't in for anyone, get home and now this has exploded. I have just two questions:
1. Who the feck is this guy?
2. Why is everyone excited?
You don't know who he is? Um, ok.

UDontMessWith24

Not sure how much better we can do under the circumstances, but if there's no change in ownership to justify the freezing of transfer funds, we've really been had.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
The scenes when Eriksen returns from his injury in March. Masterstroke from ETH to get the board's backing :drool:

TheReligion

Abusive
Sky saying loan with option to buy.

Also United have been tracking Sabitzer since summer as he fitted the profile for Ten Hag..

Giggsy13

Amazed how many people don't know who Sabitzer is.
Especially when we played Sabitzer and Leipzig in the champions league. He is a very good player and a good replacement for Eriksen. If it goes though, smart business by the club.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Jesus Christ I know we need bodies and i fully trust ETH but thats wild. Hate him with a passion and I'm always happy when he doesnt play in the NT. Absolute tosser that guy.

Still hope he turns out decent at least.
Is this the modern equivalent of that old Caf classic “I’m not his biggest fan, far from it - but I hope he turns out decent”

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Sky suggesting United have tracked Sabitzer since the summer and this is more opportunistic rather than totally random.
I'm sure they've been tracking him for longer than that.
I don't remember him in the Leipzig team but Olmo and that Hungarian lad stole the show most games I watched. What kind of midfielder is he?

To be fair, Eriksen has been struggling for a while, we needed this with or without him.
That doesn't bode well for your memory since Sabitzer was Leipzig captain and arguably their most important player in their best couple of seasons.

If he was any good why doesn't bayern play him?

Thats my first and foremost question.
It'a only this season he's played two games from what I saw. He played 40 times last season. Don't know what happened?
It actually is not like Sabitzer did not play at Bayern. He got playtime in all CL-matches and 15 of 18 matches in the Bundesliga this season. But usually as substitute because of Kimmich and Goretzka and not as starter!

He was captain in Leipzig and is 2nd captain for Austria behind Alaba. So he might have had problems with being just a squad player at Bayern (but he did not make trouble - that is probably more important - he is a team player)
Played all but 3 matches this season. But usually not as starter. But was first alternative to Goretzka when he was injured - instead of Gravenberch!
He's been underwhelming last season, but early this season he performed very well in Goretzka's absence. That he found himself out of the team again when Goretzka returned was somewhat harsh on him, but it is what it is. He's a good player but in the larger picture we just don't really need him in a prominent role, which has put him in a difficult position from the moment he joined.

Suedesi

Just had a look at the Bayern team and even Muller gets picked ahead of this guy!

Casemiro and Varane don't really compare. Madrid are happy to cash in players once they have had the best out of them.

We are signing a player that can't get in the Bayern team.
Why don't you go ahead and support Chelsea ffs, they seem to buy all the shining toys

Status
Not open for further replies.